(Written) Living Weapon - Marlin Cutlance

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Living Weapon - Marlin Cutlance

[Equip Spell]

Equip only to a monster you control. The equipped monster gains 600 ATK.  If the equipped monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict halved piercing battle damage. During either player's Battle Phase: You can Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Zone as an Effect Monster (Fish-Type/ WATER/ Lv 5/ ATK/ 1950 DEF/ 0). While this card is treated as an Effect Monster it gains this effect:

• If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict doubled piercing battle damage. During the during the end of the Battle Phase: Equip this card to a monster you control or destroy it

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Solely an experimental idea of Equip Spells that transform into monsters... Not really sure how far I want to go with it.

-Egmoedeus XVII, The Indecisive

This is a very interesting concept that could turn battle tactics into a very prominent aspect of yugioh again. With Card of Demise, this card could easily be set for later, then equipped to a monster while your opponent can do nothing but set facedowns, and that 2200 is nothing to laugh at on top of another monster's attack. This can also be searched with cards like Hidden Armory, which can also be set after Card of Demise (although you won't get any summons during that turn). Outside of being a bit powerful for a free summon, this definitely has a lot going for it in uniqueness. If I were to make this card more balanced, I'd probably lower the ATK just a hare, so that it doesn't deal too much damage to the opponent, or become too much of a board presence.

Archived