Obama signs bill mandating GMO labeling.

Not happy. This is just going to place undue stress on manufacturing cause of a few conspiracy studies

Would it really be so stressful? I'm actually curious...

I feel it's a good choice on his part. He's not saying that GMOs are bad. A labeling system will allow those who care about ingesting GMO foods to avoid them (you know, if they can). At least he's not truly pandering and making food growth into a costly endeavor.

Would it really be so stressful? I'm actually curious...

I feel it's a good choice on his part. He's not saying that GMOs are bad. A labeling system will allow those who care about ingesting GMO foods to avoid them (you know, if they can). At least he's not truly pandering and making food growth into a costly endeavor.

Cause people don't know what GMOs are in general.

But they're still scared of them. So they wont buy products.

GMO is how we made food edible. Literally all corn was created by genetically modifying wild corn to make the seeds larger, and corn is in virtually everything these days.

Science has consistently backed up that there's nothing wrong with consuming them.

The thing is, companies put labels on food for health or even more often marketing reasons, such as whether they're "organic", "freshly produced", "locally grown", etc. The problem with that is that the conditions that need to be met for them to be able to put those labels on is not perfectly regulated. While manufacturers cannot false advertise, obviously, they each can and have created their own definition for what each means. Meaning any one of those labels on one piece of fruit or vegetable can mean a completely different thing depending on the provider. They just put it on for marketing purposes.

So like, there are problems that involve labelling that could use regulation like this, but this is 100% not one of them.

Also 2 Houses had to pass this bill before it even got to Obama. I know he's the president, but don't act like it's all on him.

Also 2 Houses had to pass this bill before it even got to Obama. I know he's the president, but don't act like it's all on him.

Have you looked at congressional approval recently. It's not good. Most of us have written them off as lost cases. Obama on the other hand is rumored to have a brain. Apparently not

Archived