H0slT0O.jpg

Dromhabille

Level 3 - LIGHT - Reptile-type Monster

FLIP: Add 2 Reptile-type monsters with the same Attribute and Level from your Deck to your hand.

When this card leaves the field: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Reptile-type monster from your hand to the field in face-down defense position. This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, it uses its DEF during damage calculation.

ATK 0/DEF 1000

- - - - -

I, uh...

Have no idea what I was smoking when I made this thing.

Its name is derived from the Camel's scientific name (Dromedarius) and... some other word. I have no idea of what that word is, though.

CnC's papis

First, I'd put a HOPT on both of these card's effect so it can't search out itself, then set itself, so that you can possibly go +3. The direct attack effect seems a bit weird, but at 1000, it seems fine I guess. I'm not sure what reptiles are really great at doing, but this seems like it'd be able to be splashed in any Reptile deck pretty easily. Honestly, I think it should at most seach out one card, because two just sets up too many plays on its own. I mean this is just making me think DinoRabbit. I honestly don't have that much to say on this card, sorry, maybe if I knew Reptile decks better.

First, I'd put a HOPT on both of these card's effect so it can't search out itself, then set itself, so that you can possibly go +3.

There honestly isn't need to, seeing as how Reptiles are. Honestly, the archetype that'd get the most out of this is Worm, and even then, that's a bit of a stretch.

It's got two neat effects, but neither are what I'd consider broken, with how Reptile-Types are like right now. It may not be a big step for the Type, but it's still a neat addition. And the direct attack effect just seems to be a running theme.

I'm not sure what reptiles are really great at doing, but this seems like it'd be able to be splashed in any Reptile deck pretty easily. Honestly, I think it should at most seach out one card, because two just sets up too many plays on its own. I mean this is just making me think DinoRabbit.

The most they'd done recently is Performapal, Gigobyte, Kagetokage, but that's really it. Really, the only card that would raise concern is Performapal Lizardraw.

Also, the difference between this and Dino Rabbit is that this card doesn't immediately set up a monster that negates.

Thank you both for the commentary. Besides the HOPT (which, given what relevant Reptiles we have in the game (Kagetokage, Lizardraw, and Masked Chameleon), isn't a good idea), do you have any idea what else would be good to do to this card? 

I think it might be good as-is, since the SS effect is mandatory. The Deck I see thriving off of this is Worms, and honestly, a card like this would do 'em good. Lizardraw would be fine, if you added two and sacced one, but losing a Kagetokage or Masked Chameleon wouldn't be the smartest idea. Even Reptiliannes can't really make good use of this card (to my knowledge).

Also, bump.

I mean I guess you're right about Worms, this could be a better way to make Worm Zero with 4+ materials. However it might be better to tie it directly to "Worms" then, just so if there was some future reptile-type archetype this card doesn't become OP and instantly hit on the banlist, when you make cards too generic, with strong effects they tend to backfire at some point. That's my only suggestion, I would agree though as things are now, it's fine.

I mean I guess you're right about Worms, this could be a better way to make Worm Zero with 4+ materials. However it might be better to tie it directly to "Worms" then, just so if there was some future reptile-type archetype this card doesn't become OP and instantly hit on the banlist, when you make cards too generic, with strong effects they tend to backfire at some point. That's my only suggestion, I would agree though as things are now, it's fine.

No.

You can't base this off a hypothetical scenario that has no signs of happening anytime soon. Dragons had been getting support for generations. Reptiles getting generic support is something they desperately need in comparison. The most they have right now is King of Feral Imps.

This card is fine as it is.

No.

You can't base this off a hypothetical scenario that has no signs of happening anytime soon. Dragons had been getting support for generations. Reptiles getting generic support is something they desperately need in comparison. The most they have right now is King of Feral Imps.

This card is fine as it is.

Good point. I guess I'm being overly cautious. For all I know Konami had completely forgotten that Reptiles even exist.

Archived