Improve/add to the member/profile rating system

cr47t

I have appreciated the 5-star rating system on profiles, however I do think it could use some changes to make it better.

1. When on another's member page, there should be an implication so you can see both your rating of that person and the total ratings overall. (Right now, only the latter is shown at first.)

2. Make it able for you to change your rating of another. (I'm sorry if this is already implicated, I'm not that knowledgable on this stuff.)

If anyone else has other gripes/suggestions, post them here. I'd like to see what you have.

-cr47t

These things both exist. Like, it's a really simple system. Let's say I visit your profile, and I see this:

1ee4510ac05ec88713c04183427bb86e.png

Now, since you've posted this trash thread, I decide to rate you 1 star.

d1bad2417908893d46d2c7f42ae7a9cc.png

After I do the rating it will show that I've given you 1 star and that's what your rating will appear as until I refresh the page and we now see:

1ee4510ac05ec88713c04183427bb86e.png

Changing your rating is just a matter of going on the profile and rating again. With older accounts it's not obvious because there's a load of votes and you giving it a 5 or a 1 isn't likely to swing it either way, but one more recent ones where there's been only a few ratings done you can observe how your ratings affect it more clearly.

Now it's true that when you go back on someone's page it'll only show their overall rating but who actually cares enough to want to see what they've rated someone in the past. You're going to remember whether or not you like someone and how much these profile ratings mean to begin with is negligible. In conclusion, the end. Bye.

Archived