[10/?] Mythomech Archetype - "When in doubt, flip the odds."

Sluggaholic

I like gods, do you? I bet you do. I bet you like mechs, too. So, why not give ya some gods and s*** that just happen to be mechs, for the heck of it. On a whim, on a whim, is the best way to make an archetype. When you're in doubt, flip the odds.

- - - - -

[spoiler=Monster Cards (Art)]

obLFEjp.jpg

P2ifBkM.jpg

SapfHZk.jpg

TyubZuL.jpg

nuxfQmu.jpg

EYtYkx7.jpg

Mythomech ChimeraLast Edit: 11/1/2016

EARTH - Level 3 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: Special Summon this card to the field. You can destroy this card you control; add 1 "Mythomech Equipment" from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this turn you can Normal Summon 1 "Mythomech" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. You can only activate each effect of "Mythomech Chimera" once per turn.

ATK 1000/DEF 1650

Mythomech Medusa - Last Edit: 11/1/2016

EARTH - Level 4 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: Special Summon this card to the field. Any monster that attacks this card or is attacked by this card is switched to face-down defense position before damage calculation, then the battle ends. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: add 1 Level 5 "Mythomech" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Mythomech Medusa" once per turn.

ATK 1000/DEF 1800

Mythomech CyclopsLast Edit: 11/4/2016

EARTH - Level 4 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: Special Summon this card to the field. When this card you control is targeted by your opponent's card effect: destroy this card; banish 1 "Mythomech" monster from your Deck or Graveyard, then return the card which targeted this card to the top of the Deck. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Mythomech" monster from your Deck to your hand, but it cannot be Special Summoned by its effect this turn. You can only activate each effect of "Mythomech Cyclops" once per turn.

ATK 1000/DEF 2100

Mythomech PoseidonLast Edit: 11/1/2016

WATER - Level 5 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: reveal it, and banish 1 random card in your opponent's hand, then banish this card. You can only activate this effect of "Mythomech Poseidon" once per turn. If a "Mythomech" monster on your side of the field is destroyed or banished: you can Special Summon this banished card, then take 1000 damage. You can only Special Summon 1 "Mythomech Poseidon" this way per turn.

ATK 1100/DEF 2500

Mythomech ZeusLast Edit: 11/1/2016

LIGHT - Level 5 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: reveal it and declare one card name, and if that card is on your opponent's field, target it; banish that card and this card. You can only activate this effect of "Mythomech Zeus" once per turn. If a "Mythomech" monster on your side of the field is destroyed or banished: you can Special Summon this removed from play card, then take 1000 damage. You can only Special Summon 1 "Mythomech Zeus" this way per turn.

ATK 1100/DEF 2800

Mythomech HadesLast Edit: 11/1/2016

DARK - Level 5 - Machine-type Monster

When this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: reveal it, and target cards in your opponent's Graveyard, up to the amount of removed from play "Mythomech" cards you have; banish this card and those targets. You can destroy this face-up monster; Draw 1 card, then banish 1 "Mythomech" monster from your Deck. If a "Mythomech" monster on your side of the field is destroyed or banished: you can Special Summon this removed from play card, then take 1000 damage. You can only activate each effect of "Mythomech Hades" once per turn.

ATK 1100/DEF 2650

-  -  -  -  -

[spoiler=Spell Cards (Art)]

5Dp3cF6.jpg

1VTWrxc.jpg

Mythomech EquipmentLast Edit: 11/1/2016

Field Spell Card

You can only activate 1 "Mythomech Equipment" per turn. When this card is activated: banish 1 "Mythomech" monster from your Deck; add 1 "Mythomech" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Once per turn, if a monster(s) is banished from the hand or field: draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed or banished: target 1 banished "Mythomech" monster, or one in your Graveayard; Special Summon it. While this face-up card is on the field, the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field are switched.

Mythomech Icarus AscienLast Edit: 11/4/2016

Continuous Spell Card

You can only activate 1 "Mythomech Icarus Ascien" per turn. While you control a face-up "Mythomech Equipment", all face-up "Mythomech" monsters you control gain ATK equal to their original DEF, otherwise they gain DEF equal to their original ATK. If a "Mythomech" card you control is destroyed: draw 1 card. If this card on the field is destroyed or banished: add 1 Level 4 or lower "Mythomech" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate each "Mythomech Icarus Ascien" effect once per turn.

-  -  -  -  -

[spoiler= Extra Deck Cards (Art)]

ggCCDYi.jpg

Qqk59U8.jpg

Mythomech Arachne

EARTH - Rank 4 - Machine-type (Xyz) monster

Materials: 2 Level 4 Machine-type monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: you can banish up to 3 "Mythomech" cards in your Graveyard; your opponent takes 300 damage for each card banished this way. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 card on your side of the field and 1 card on your opponent's side of the field; destroy those targets.

ATK 1100/DEF 2200

Mythomech Kaesar Kronos

DARK - Rank 5 - Machine-type (Xyz) monster

Materials: 2 or 3 Level 5 Machine-type monsters

During each End Phase: if you took damage due to a card effect, gain Life Points equal to the amount you lost. If you draw a card, gain 500 Life Points. While this card has 2 or fewer Xyz Materials its ATK and DEF are halved. During either player's turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material; negate the effects of 1 monster or Spell card on the field, then add 1 "Mythomech" card of that same type from your Deck to your hand. Once, while this card is face up on the field: you can switch the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field, then take 1000 damage. (This is a Quick Effect.) You can only activate the effects of "Mythomech Kaesar Kronos" once per turn.

ATK 1200/DEF 3300

I hope you all enjoyed my cards, and all. They were fun to make. CnC papi's.

[spoiler=Individual Card Notes]

Medusa's effect is quite good, allowing you to stall out any attempts to brute force your way past her and requiring that she be taken out in a different way.

Poseidon is nice with the ability to control your opponent's hand presence a bit, but seems a little underwhelming.

Zeus lives up to his namesake, allowing you to smite one card on your opponent's field into oblivion, which I think is pretty good.

Hades' second effect is also really nice, allowing you to destroy him to SS up to two just as powerful monsters provided you've stocked your Banished Zone properly beforehand.

Equipment (the name is odd for a Field Spell; sounds more like the name of an Equip Spell. Maybe name it "Mythomech Deifacturing Facility" or something?) brings the heat forcing your opponent to destroy it but also punishing them for it, as well as speeding up the engine.

I feel like this archetype needs another monster or two, maybe a couple Level 4's based off of other monsters. Minotaur (DARK) and Hydra (WATER) come most readily to mind.

It's also helpful to note that any card that messes with the Banished Zone will probably disrupt these guys pretty hard (Imperial Iron Wall totally shuts them down).

All in all, I'd give it 7.8/10. A good Archetype! :D

really interesting concept, but there should be more diversity in spells/traps. I think the basis of the monsters are fine, but you could add another 2 monsters

Any specifics on them as a whole, or what do you think should be added? I think Fushi is aware that more S/T support could be useful (or really more stuff in general); that's kind of why he has the question mark thing (might add more). 

You can use the above user's post as an example of sorts.

Cool support, I think it was really clever to make the two spells synergize with each other in a creative way, rather than a broken way. Would be cool to either see more "support" for this archetype in the future or a new post. Either way, this is definitely an archetype that is unique and different. Now if only there was a dueling network for custom yugioh cards xD

Ah, but there is, readyeddy! If you check under "Duel Portal" on this website, you'll find a cool place where people can upload and duel with their own custom cards! Though, I'd recommend not uploading others' cards for them, as a heads up. Generally, they will NOT enjoy seeing someone do that.

And thanks for the feedback!

Well, it took me some time, but heres my review for the Mythomech-Archetype:

Mythomech Chimera:

The very first card is propably one of the most important ones too the Deck.

Chimera is essentually your 7th, 8th and 9th copy of Mythomech Equipment (the 4th, 5th and 6th being Terraforming of course) as well as the one viable way of putting the level5s you have drawn or started with to good use by granting an additional NS.

1) NS Chimera->Destroy Chimera, add Equipment, gain second NS

2) Activate Equipment->Banish a level5, add=SS Medusa

3) Tribute Summon a level5, add a level5, lets say poseidon with Medusa->poseidon banishes itself+ one monster in the opponents starting hand->draw thanks to equipment

4) Blow up Equipment or the level 5 by any means (Metalfoes?) or the level 5 is Hades and destroys itself->Zeus, Poseidon

5) 2 or more level5s= Cyber Dragon Infinity

Chimera also the only non-tribute monster that can blow itself up without relying on your opponent being stupid, therefore the main card to trigger the banished level5s

Overall: Its a very good combo- and consistency-enhancing card in a combo-focused Archetype, however, please add (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) to its additional Normal Summon-eff.

Mythomech Medusa:

Speaking of Cyber Dragon Infinity, Medusa offers an easy out to CDI and Treattoad: Attack into CDI/TT and force them to negate Medusas eff (otherwise you get rid of them when they are facedown in Main Phase 2, which shouldnt be hard), Medusa gets destroyed->Zeus, Zeus banishes CDI/TT.

However, Medusas Battle-ending eff is a double-edged sword, since that prevents it from crashing into the oponents monsters in order too add=banish your level5s and Mythomechs really suck at blowing themselfes up :P

Therefore Medusa would be much better if its Battle-ending eff was optional.

Mythomech Cyclops:

I dont really like this one for its unreliability. Cyclops main selling-point is his ability too spin the cards that target it, may it be by a card effect or by targeting it for an attack. However, its NEVER a good idea to rely on your opponent and some decks have easy outs to cyclops without triggering this effect (like the omni-present raigeki, or dark hole in yang zings or ignister in nearly every pendulum deck)

This wouldnt be that bad, but Cyclops also has very limited use during your first turn, the best thing it can do is being tribute fodder and add a low-level Mythomech for your next turn.

I dont see why you would make Cyclops prevent the added Mythomech from being Special Summoned, how would that be broken?

Mythomech Poseidon/Zeus/ Hades:

The first two guys make Equipment to the amazing one-card combo it is:

1) activate Equipment, banish a level 5, add Poseidon/Zeus->Poseidon/Zeus banish from the hand or field and trigger Equipments second eff to draw a card.

However, drawing them is really bad, since they are hard to get out of your hand and even if you get too tribute summon one, it will only be a vanilla beatstick or a CDI material.

Hades can at least blow himself up to draw a card, banish from the deck and trigger the level5s SS effects, which is a solid compensation for being unable to get the draw from Equipment.

All in all the Trio of the Greek Gods feels far too weak to be considered actual Bossmonsters, because they have zero protection or stun-abilities.

This is one of those Archetypes whose true bossmonster is CDI.

Mythomech Equipment:

The single best card of the Archetype, without it all monsters would be 1100 top, also it is the card that gets the whole engine going and synergizes beautifully with chimera and Poseidon/Zeus.

Imo its splashable in almost every deck alongside 1Zeus and 1Poseidon.

1) Activate it, banish 1, add the other one, get the effect of the added one and draw off of it.

2) Blow Equipment up for possible advantages during battle phase

3) get yourself a level 5 for xyz- or synchroplays

Maybe its just me, but it reminds me of brilliant fusion a lot. Whether thats a good or bad thing is up to you.

Mythomech Icarus Ascien:

I would call this one broken, if it didnt overly rely on Equipment (like the whole archetype does, lol) and if it was searchable by any Mythomech card.

Turning the low-level Mythomechs in 3300-4200 atk monsters and the level5 ones into 5000+ is pretty nice, banishing from the deck and drawing during both players standby-phase is insane and reminds me off the ridicoulus amounts of plusses blackwings can get from black whirlwind.

the eff that searches the low-levels upon destruction and banishment is the icing on the cake, another good, borderline broken card.

Overall this looks pretty good, maybe you want to give them an archetype-specific D-Fissure to make the level5s easier to revive.

Besides that you could make Cyclops not-preventing the added Mythomechs from being SSed and give the Greek Gods some effects to interrupt the opponent during his/her turn.

The way the deck is now, most of the time you will just xyz with the Greek Gods.

Without Icarus Ascien, which again, isnt searchable, they wouldnt be able to run over a single Blue-Eyes monster and besides hades they have no effects on the field.

Archived