[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Spindad (Cards are up)

Dova

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
  • I will try to remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity, but please don't make it too hard for me.
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.
Deadlines:
  • The deadline for entries is 24 hours after acceptance.
  • The contest ends 1 week after the cards have been put up.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.
Rewards:
  • The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting
Requirements:
  • Create a Spell/Trap Card that Fusion Summons for its/one of its effects.

Card A:

5N3QNA2.png

New Radical

Normal Spell

Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (LIGHT/Level 1/Aqua-type/ATK 0/DEF 0). You can substitute this card for any 1 Fusion material Monsterl, but if you do, the other materials must be the correct ones. During either player´s turn, except for the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your side of the field or hand as fusion materials.

Card B:

L1ws5Qu.png

Fusion Projection

Normal Spell

(This card's name is always treated as "Polymerization".)

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters in your hand as Fusion Materials. If this card was not sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Fusion Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except Fusion Monsters.

Yay, a 1v1 related to my favorite summon mechanic! °^°

Let's see what we got here:

Card A is a Spell Card that summons itself as a monster? That's rather rare, So I guess that shows some creativity. But what does it do? Well, you can sub the monster you get with it as any Fusion Material (that is specifically named of course), meaning you can't just Fusion Summon right off the bat, but need another Fusion Card to work with it initially. I can't help but see this as a minus, so that's that. Another one is that its first effect restricts its use in a lot of Decks greatly - you can't run it in anything that does not use specific Fusion materials, which - as the new Elemental Heroes, D/D/D and Shaddolls have shown - is the way Fusion Decks go today appearantly. Even Fluffals can only get limited use out of it, as it can only substitue the Edge-Imp part of the Fusions (if any). The second effect, however, has something I can really appreciate: The ability to fuse during the opponents turn and in the Battle Phase, made famous by the now-limited (snif snif) El-Shaddoll Fusion. That part of the card is very well thought-out, and because it can't be used on the turn you send it to the Graveyard, you can't OTK too easily with it. All in all, it's an okay-to-good card, given that you can Xyz or Synchro Summon with it on the field, but if you can't, It becomes unplayable it in these decks because the Fusion Substitute mechanic doesn't aid them.

Card B is Polymerization. Counts as such at least! Which creates interesting interactions with cards that support Polymerization, like its searchers or the amazing Fusion Recovery. The first effect is restricted to using monsters from the hand, but not from the field, which sets it apart from the regular Polymerization to prevent it from being just an outright better Poly. (more on that later) The second effect is a Monster Reborn for Fusion Monsters (that can be Special Summoned and were Fusion Summoned properly before!), which - with the attached restriction - seems fine and dandy for the card. What I like so much about it is how beautifully it dodges the aforementioned bullet of being an "outright better Polymerization" - It banishing itself for the second effect makes it inconvenient to use with Fusion Reserve, but you can recycle it that way if you really want to. All in all, I think this card deserves the vote because of how well it was done, and because it can lead to some really amazing plays in a Fusion Deck despite not being broken.

Thus, I vote for card B.

(Furthermore, I would like to ask its creator if I can upload and use it on DuelPortal.)

Archived