[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Kitty w/ Bow (Cards are up)

Dova

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
  • I will try to remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity, but please don't make it too hard for me.
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for entries is 24 hours after acceptance.
  • The contest ends 1 week after the cards have been put up.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:

• Equip Spell Support. It can be a Spell, Trap, or Monster, and the support only has to be one of its effect(s).

Card A:

Traitorous Supplier

Continuous Trap
Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; Reveal 3 Equip Spell Cards from your Deck, have your opponent select 1 randomly, then equip it to that monster, also send the remaining cards to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can have your opponent target 3 Equip Spell Cards in your Graveyard; Shuffle them into your Deck, also draw 1 card. If this card was not sent to the Graveyard this turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Equip Spell Card in your Graveyard, also your opponent targets 1 face-up monster on the field; equip it to that monster.

Card B:

Lake Dwelling Weaponeer
WATER - Level 4 - Warrior/Effect - 1500/1600

During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Guardian" monster from your Deck that cannot be Normal/Flip/Special Summoned, ignoring the Summoning Conditions. Once per turn: You can add 1 Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand. You must control a face-up "Guardian" monster to activate and resolve this effect. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 Equip Spell and 1 "Guardian" monster that cannot be Normal/Flip/Special Summoned from your Deck/Graveyard to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Lake Dwelling Weaponeer" once per turn.

No fancy comment to start this vote.

Card A is a Continuous Trap! The first effect out of the 3 seems reasonable, standard reaveal 3 opponent picks 1 stuff, reminds me of Noble Knights. (Whatever happened to these) As you can run 3 of a copy, guaranteeing your opponent to pick the "right one" for you, it seems usable at least, not sure in which Decks though, as I don't know where equips are even played right now. The second effect is a recycling draw, the opponent picking the cards seems weird but doesn't really matter, I guess it helps the flavor. Not much to say up to here. I don't really know the purpose of the third effect to be honest: Your opponent picking means you can't pick a generic beneficial or a generic harming Equip Spell (if both control a monster) for obvious reasons, meaning all it can be used for is Archetype Equip Spells I guess, or those you just want to get out of the Deck for whatever reason. The first 2 effects are clear plus points along with the name, but the third one seems a little bit too inconvenient. Would have been more appropriate as a Continuous Spell card imo, as it is faster.

Card B is Guardian support. Didn't think I'd ever say that. Basically, it summons a Guardian, searches an Equip - each once per turn - and floats into 2 searches. Overall a lot of plusses, but I don't think it's that broken because it's for damn Guardians. The only way I can see it being broken is because of Dreadscythe? But that'd require you to play Dreadscythe in the first place, along with its Equip Spell. I really like the Design Choice here, it's really valuable support for a very bad Archetype, all of the effects make sense (And you can search generic Equip Spells for whatever reason, despite only if you control a "Guardian" monster), and I have little to nothing to complain about. Well done overall.

Thus, I vote for Card B because Card A just seems to inconvenient because of its flavor, and too slow because it's a Trap Card.

Archived