~ The YCM Halloween Masquerade 2016 ~

Asriel

*Howdy!

*I'm Flowey! Flowey the Flower!

*Hmm... I was going to teach you how things work around here, but I don't think you're new to the Forum. In fact... You know what's going on here, don't you?

*And, what's this...? I already have some Souls in me? They're wriggling, heehee... I'm effectively a demi-god!

*Oh, the fun we'll have! I found a new place for my game... and lots of new friends. Monsters unlike any in the Underground! And I've brought them with me. Let's start this timeline over, shall we? Stop me, if your worthless DETERMINATION can!

-----

Welcome to this year's Masquerade! Like the previous years, this event will be about members taking up the guise of a "monster", and the rest of you hunting it down!

By unmasking every monster, you can have the chance to win a custom member group, of your own choosing! This group will be based on your current basic member status, and can be edited to a higher level once you hit that level. The first 3 members to unmask every monster win these groups, and first place will get a whopping 25,000 points to go with it!

As with last year, we will also be bringing back Monster Duels! These will be held on Duel Portal, unless otherwise stated, due to the nature of the monsters! However, you won't be playing for candies, this year... but hints!

It will not be revealed at this time, but you will be trying to figure out a mystery! Doing so will earn you a special membergroup... While you cannot create or change the membergroup by yourself, you will be automatically elevated to the highest level of members, and have a title that only you can earn!

And it's not just Monster Duels! Every monster will have a hint, of some sort... but you can only get it from them by beating them in some sort of competition! Some will be duds, but some will be true, and it's up to you to figure out which is which... Or is it?

If a monster chooses not to compete at all, you will earn the hint by figuring out what Member they are. But that's boring, so let's avoid this, 'kay?

These hints may be able to be found without the Monster telling you, but you have to be lucky to dig them up!

Monster Rules:

• This year, we will have 20 different monsters... not including Moderators. This means that more mere humans will get to enjoy donning a mask!
  • Join by posting in this thread, then PMing me (Black) the name of your monster. You have 3 days after your sign-up post to do so, as this is something people desire to do.
  • The minimum amount of posts required to join, barring special cases, has been raised to 1000 Posts. We have had members whom... no one knows join before, despite hitting the post requirement, and it gunks up the works. This is not a perfect solution, but one that hopefully alleviates the issue, to a degree.
  • While not required, it is highly encouraged that you stay in-character as much as possible, letting your regular account take a break. This makes it tougher to find out who's who, as they cannot be directly matched to their main accounts, and creates a more fulfilling role-playing experience. It is, however, optional.
  • Do not disappear on us. If you are AWOL for more than 3 days without a reason, you will be kicked from the event, all guesses for you discounted, and your chances of joining another site event greatly drop. Just let me know if something comes up, alright?
  • Monsters are NOT allowed to hunt other monsters. They are allowed to participate against other monsters and in the clue hunt, however. More info closer to the start date.
  • Do not share your identity with non-Monsters. Doing so will result in immediate expulsion from the event, as well as a 3-day ban.
  • Do not vote in contests that do not involve a Monster.

Monster Duel Rules:

• There will be a maximum of 10 monster duelists.
  • Do NOT post that you will be a Monster Duelist in this thread. Only in PM.
  • You do not have to participate in Monster Duels or Competitions in order to take part in the Monster Hunt. However, you must be taking part in the Monster Hunt in order to be a Monster Duelist.
  • If you do participate, choose a deck that is flavorful for your Monster.
  • Monster Duelists will be given an "Aura". These "Auras" will be reminiscent of Deck Masters, but without the physical forms, in that they cause a change to the gamestate. It can be continuous, a trigger, a 1/turn effect, and so on, but it will be something. You can pitch an Aura to me, or ask me to come up with one. It should be flavorful to your Monster.
  • As a member, not a Monster, you can challenge a monster to a competition once per day, up to two monsters per day.
  • All Monster Duels will take place on Duel Portal, as of this time, without exception. This is subject to change. This means that a monster will have to make an account to be used on Duel Portal and use that to duel. Dueling Network Monster accounts should be formatted as such: !YCMonster_(monster name here)
  • NOTE: Duel Portal cannot be used on Google Chrome. Switch over to Firefox for it.
  • NOTE 2: You CANNOT use custom cards. I will be able to tell if you do when you turn in a decklist. All cards from Raging Tempest (Releases October 8th) and earlier are legal. Fusion Enforcers is not legal. OCG/TCG are both legal.
  • TCG Banlist
  • If a monster is defeated, they are to PM me, so that I can keep track of hints given out.
  • Duels are fought in Singles. You are not allowed a side deck against a monster.

Other Competition Rules:

• A competition may involve a contest of some sort HOSTED by a monster, or a 1-on-1 competition involving a monster.
  • Card Contests are permitted.
  • Graphic Competitions, be they splicing or sig making, are permitted.
  • If you have an idea for another kind of competition, feel free to pitch it to me in PM.
  • As a member, not a Monster, you can challenge a monster to a competition once per day, up to two monsters per competition. IE, you cannot be in 2 contests and start a 3rd.

Monster Hunting Rules:

• You may guess once a day. Up to 5 per day. The event is longer than normal, so guessing everymonster every day would get a bit much.
  • If you get every monster correct, but are not in the top three, you will be awarded 10,000 points.
  • To win a custom member group, you must be one of the first three to get every Monster correct. This group is permanent, so long as you wish to keep it.
  • To win 25,000 points, you must be the first one to get every Monster correct.
  • In the event that no one guesses every monster correctly, the first place guesser(s) will be given 10,000 points.

Event Timeframes

Until this event begins, you'll only need to PM me (Black) with your monster account name choice. Come the start of the event, we'll create your account and send you the details. If you decide to take part in Monster Duels, you'll need to PM me such up front, as it is first-come-first-serve. Your Duel Portal name and decklist will be turned in the day before the event/before your first duel.

Events Start: 12:00 A.M. October 10th UTC-5:00

Events End: 11:59 P.M. November 6th UTC-5:00

[spoiler=Members]

• (Bill Cipher) / Giga
  • Kitty w/Bow
  • Chaos Sonic
  • JustYui
  • ???-1
  • VCR_CAT
  • The Nyx Avatar
  • Byakuya
  • Navagator Airride
  • ASI Samaritan
  • n/a
  • vla1ne
  • Tsumugi Shiraui
  • ~British Soul~
  • Broke. N
  • MetalSonic
  • ???-2
  • Aintsmart
  • The Flawless Hit
  • ???-4

[spoiler=Monsters]

1. Achmed the Dead Terrorist
  2. sans the skeleton
  3. Elizabeth
  4. Frank Castle
  5. n/a
  6. Betty Boop
  7. Dave Lister
  8. Lord Baphomet
  9. Kyuubi
  10. Hieracosphinx
  11. Frank Underwood
  12. The Skeleton King
  13. Pepsi Man
  14. Kriemhild Gretchen
  15. Skullbriar
  16. Vivian
  17. Smile
  18. Lung Tien Lien
  19. The Riddler
  20. Chara

And one last note... See how Flowey here is a "Boss Monster"? That's because he's not a true monster account. You get no points for Flowey.

Look forward to updates as we approach the event~

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>not starting Flowey lines with an asterisk for flavor's sake

Why do you do these things?

Nitpick aside, I'm in. Will send you a PM regarding the idea for my monster competition since if that doesn't go off I'll have to go back to the drawing board =w=;

would be ridiculously easy to guess, but I'm in. Mods should also apply here when they're in or is that not counted?

Think you did that in 2014 when Aix hosted this, but don't remember any of the staff doing it when Kate/I were doing it. We're not counted towards the max count, but yeah mention it so members know how much they have to contend with.

As for me, I might play but depending on how things go regarding coursework and creativity on getting a new monster, I might abstain (or might do something else). Take this as a conditional join, if you will.

----

DP can be used in Chrome, BUT you will need to download the IEOnChrome application to do so. (You can thank Darkness for mentioning this fact some time ago)

I'll PM you with my details in a moment. There IS a chance that i may have difficulties for a short period of time, but if that occurs, i'll alert you to it immediately, and it shouldn't be more than 1-2 days of the month in any case.

also, just making sure with this, but when you say :

• While not required, it is highly encouraged that you stay in-character as much as possible, letting your regular account take a break. 

you're advising that we should avoid using our main accounts as much as possible for the duration of the event correct? i just wanna make sure beforehand.

and when you say:

All Monster Duels will take place on Duel Portal,

you do mean duel portal (the site where you use custom cards), and not YGOPro correct?

"You may guess once a day. Up to 5 per day. The event is longer than normal, so guessing every monster every day would get a bit much."

Just to be sure does this include the first day as well?

Yes. Event lasts 22 days this time, soooooo...

would be ridiculously easy to guess, but I'm in. Mods should also apply here when they're in or is that not counted?

Like Sakura said, post so members know. We just don't take up main slots.

people shouldn't be saying whether they will be doing monster duels in this thread. It would publicly narrow down the identity of all the monsters by 50%

also i just went on this page for the first time on desktop, with headphones. funk off black.

yyeaaaah good idea, just edited out the posts saying such/will edit OP.

lol 2spooky4u

I'll PM you with my details in a moment. There IS a chance that i may have difficulties for a short period of time, but if that occurs, i'll alert you to it immediately, and it shouldn't be more than 1-2 days of the month in any case.

also, just making sure with this, but when you say :

you're advising that we should avoid using our main accounts as much as possible for the duration of the event correct? i just wanna make sure beforehand.

and when you say:

you do mean duel portal (the site where you use custom cards), and not YGOPro correct?

I am advising such, yes. It is not required, but I want it to be something that happens, to see if it work better/worse/same/etc.

Not YGOPro. We need it to be non-automated.

people will be added

Archived