[Traditional Drawing] Haunted Tree

Sleepy

This is a work in progress for the upcoming festivities. I am super happy about it because it's been a while since I've been able to complete a drawing enough to reach the coloring stage..... You could call this self-imposed treatment for that. If everything comes out right, it'll be the first of many. I'll upload it to my DeviantArt and Tumblr when I'm finished.

[spoiler=Progress 1]

4txfTN1.jpg

[spoiler=Prorgress 2]

xDzm0pr.jpg

[spoiler=Progress 3]
9ogCIUy.jpg

[spoiler=Progress 4]

Aubp4Zc.jpg

Progress 5:

ze6lZAy.jpg

Thoughts, comments, opinions, suggestions, fixes, etc. All welcome and encouraged~

It looks nice so far. I was expecting a drawing with the colors on the tones of dark blue, purple, gray and black, but it seems you are actually going with the more lively colors of autumn; that makes it an interesting approach on spooky trees. Loving the distorted faces of the trees, specially the one on the far right.

It looks nice so far. I was expecting a drawing with the colors on the tones of dark blue, purple, gray and black, but it seems you are actually going with the more lively colors of autumn; that makes it an interesting approach on spooky trees. Loving the distorted faces of the trees, specially the one on the far right.

Yes the goal is to give it Autumn colors for now, although I'm not entirely sure how it'll end up looking....

I want to try a gray/blue/green/purple (one or more of those) light layer at the end in certain areas afterwards to make it more eerie and opaque. Although I am yet to prove if it is gonna work out or not.

The trees are spilling amber btw, that's those threads yet to be colored xD

I'm really loving that red/orange/yellow/green effect for the leaves. Gives it a nice 3D effect as well.

So with that in mind, I'm greatly looking forward to seeing this when its done =D

Thank you!

It's been hard to mix those leaves, and I've already gone out of the lines in a few places xD

But it's been fun.

Your marker (or paint, difficult to tell) technique is seriously mindblowing. The textures you achieve with it are honestly unlike anything I have seen outside digital art.

From what I can tell, the wood is also felt tip (or is it watercolor?) and provides a nice contrast to the leaves.

Thank you for the complements =)

I'm using copic markers (the brush tip kind). The leaves are a yellow base and then putting dots on top with other markers (red, dark green, light green, orange, and peach).

The wood is currently on its base layer. I will try to add a wrinkled old tree texture with the following ones and hope I don't butcher it xD

After that I'll try to figure out how to do the floor too.

Progress #3 update at the OP.

I'm gonna see if I can pull off a floor covered in dry leaves.

I hoped the leaves would turn out to have more of a gradual darkening towards the back, which I pretty much experimented with as I went. Turns out the leaves on the trees use about 12-ish different markers, and some parts left the paper glossy from ink saturation...

Also, I just found out my darkest brown marker is super dry xD
I'll see what I can do about that.

BUMP:

I just updated the OP with the 5th update of the drawing.

I consider it finished at this point, but I'd like to hear feedback if possible, about things I might have blended in too little or too much, or my choice of colors, and whatnot....

Maybe there could even be things that can be re-worked despite markers (the darker tones at least) being a little hard to go over.

=3

Archived