[Leaderboard] - Rainbow Quasar vs Kitty w/ Bow (Voting)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

▪All Leaderboard rules apply

▪Best of 3 votes, or most votes by deadline wins.

▪All voters must elaborate on their votes.

▪Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept the vote.

▪You are permitted to vote C if you do not feel that either card deserves to win by virtue of design.

▪Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

▪Non-Written cards will be converted into written format to ensure anonymity.

▪Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

▪In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

▪The deadline for entries is 24 hours after accepting a challenger.

▪The contest ends 48 hours after the cards are uploaded.

▪In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

▪The winner gets a rep from the loser.

▪All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

▪Challenger's choice. (Dinomist)

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]Dinomist Battlefield

Field Spell Card

All "Dinomist" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, when a "Dinomist" monster you control destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 face-up "Dinomist" monster you control; it can attack an opponent's monster again in a row. If this card in the Field Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "Dinomist" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Dinomist Battlefield".

[spoiler=Card B]Dinomist Drive

Quick-Play Spell Card

All "Dinomist" cards you currently control cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Set 1 "Dinomist" card from your Graveyard on your field.

Dinomist already has a Field Spell, so let's quickly if Card A is just a plain boost over it. The ATK buff seems better, but with no DEF buff I guess you can call it equal. Actually, this card is already better, due to the fact that it's searchable by Dinomists because it is a Dinomist. A double attacking effect is comparable to an Armades effect, considering the powers Dinomists have. In fact, this could get 1 to activate their effects twice. so that's even more of a thing. And lastly, a good version of the Kozmotown effect. So far, I'm leaning on this card being a bit powerful, considering the combination of all these effects. Maybe I'm being a bit biased due to the obvious power creep of this card, as it just replaces Dynamic, but it's only a little too powerful.

Protection from destruction by Card effect is...kind of helpful I guess, but I don't think it's nearly enough protection to warrant running because they're Pendulums...they live if you Raigeki them. The field presence might be a reason to run it, but I would want either battle protection or targeting protection, as that trap which summons unaffected by card effects...yeah. The banishing to set 1 is very cool, actually, as it can't work on itself, it works on Spells/Traps, and it can recycle those pesky Cydrafinity materials. But all in all, a weak card.

Tough choice, with one being too strong and the other being too weak. I personally am going towards Card A, as Card B is still slow despite being a quick-play spell card, but Card A also has the disadvantage of power creep. 

C for the moment.

I like the idea of a second Field Spell Card for Dinomist cards, however, i think the original Dinomist Field Spell is better.

I like Card B because I hate monsters being destroyed by card effects and Card B stops that from happening.

So my vote goes to Card B

Could you, perhaps, elaborate on both of these?

I like the idea of a second Field Spell Card for Dinomist cards, however, i think the original Dinomist Field Spell is better.

I like Card B because I hate monsters being destroyed by card effects and Card B stops that from happening.

So my vote goes to Card B

You need to elaborate on A, and why you feel this card pales in comparison to Powerload. And yes, also elaborate on B. 

(Vote's being rejected until you explain)

----

Although, I'm going to vote too. 

Card A is another Field Spell for the Deck; not like it's a problem for an Archetype to have multiples, as they can serve different purposes (provided they don't strictly outclass each other). This one nets them a search similar to Kozmotown if it gets blown up or lets them kill more monsters. I guess you could combo this with a 2300 ATK Pteran for multiple searches, which kinda helps. Yeah, it doesn't boost DEF, but I don't really see the loss of it here being too much of a factor. The lack of effect locking that Powerload provides might be of some issue, but overall this card is theoretically the better of the Field Spells as it sets up more plays. I'd probably have more reason to run this one over Powerload, because it is searchable due to its inclusion (Dinomist as opposed to Dinomic)

Card B blocks Raigeki and non-targeting removal, since they can already protect themselves via their own Pendulum effects. Guess it's nice for keeping your monsters alive if you can't summon them back due to lack of Scales, or protecting them in the Scales from sweep cards (well, Duster for OCG; for TCG, I suppose Twin Twisters or something), but not seeing much otherwise. Dinomists have respectable stats on their own, but given the common Decks nowadays, I think they'd prefer having battle or general effect protection, as Dova noted thus far. The retrieval effect is nice though, but that's about it. 

-----

Usability-wise, A gets it as it's actually useful and does things, but it can enable more plays than they deserve, however they do need some way to B technically does something, but it's rather small. I really want to vote A too, but since it is more/less a much better Field Spell (not saying Powerload is bad, but this one has a lot more perks), I have to abstain from voting it for the time being. 

So yeah, voting C. (If a tie-breaker is necessary, I will change it)

Alrighty, I will accept that. Hbu, RQ?

0-0-2 C

However, Sakura, I'd like to note that TwiTwi can blow up scales without obstruction because the scale effs require that they themselves are not targeted by the effect, meaning if a twitwi were to target both of them, neither could activate their effect to stop it from happening since they have "Other 'Dinomist' cards" in their card text. 

Archived