Rank IV Change (Mask Change for Rank 4 Xyz)

Abdelrahman

Rank IV Change

Quick-Play Spell Card

Target 1 face-up Rank 4 Xyz Monster you control; shuffle it into the Extra Deck, also, after that, if it left the field by this effect, Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Masked HERO" monster with the same Attribute as the Xyz Monster shuffled into the Extra Deck by this card's effect, but destroy it during the next End Phase. (This Special Summon is treated as a Special Summon with "Mask Change".) You can only activate 1 "Rank IV Change" per turn.

To be honest, not really seeing a use for this card except for using their generic Rank 4 fodder to make HEROs that they already can make on their own. Granted, it'll let you recycle whatever Rank 4s you used in the duel, but that's about it seeing it's still reliant on whatever you have in there. But, on the flip side, it does help for bringing out whatever HERO you want without having to get it on the field, so suppose it's something. 

When I initially looked at this card, I misread it as building off the Attribute of the R4 monster bounced by this effect, which would've given HEROs some access to other Masked HEROs they usually don't run (b/c lack of viable members in the Main Deck).

I don't know about the flavor though; granted, HEROs are essentially Rank 4 spam nowadays (on the side of "spam Dark Law, etc."), but not sure if it's a good idea to tie in a Fusion-based thing with Xyz. 

Archived