Judgement of the Desert: A battle of wits

Hieracosphinx

To The Monster Hunters,

Greetings to you. I am Hieracosphinx, scholar of the sands and feaster of flesh. As per my arrangement with the mysteriously wicked flower, I am to host a game. What kind, you may ponder? Why, a game of riddles, of course.

The rules are simple. Thrice each day, I shall present a riddle. The first among you mortals to decipher the answer shall be given kudos, or as you mortals say, "a rep," as well as the clue given to me by the vehement vegetation. Answer incorrectly, however, and you shall be destined for my next meal, making you ineligible to answer the next riddle.

Now then, let us begin the Judgement of the Desert:

tumblr_n0z4srNBK81rie4kjo1_1280.jpg

[spoiler=The Residing Riddle]

What has one eye, yet cannot see?

[spoiler=Currently Digesting]

Chaosix

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart?

As much as I would enjoy a fine Salisbury Steak, I am afraid that I must postpone my meal until the next time you answer incorrectly. 

To all those concerned,

I am dreadfully sorry that I went back on my word. It is 2 hours past when I said I would reveal and rework my riddle, and for that I apologize. 

However, I am making up for it now. The answer to this "You may wear me, you may fight with me, but at the end of it all, I am to be shown respect. What is my name?" is bow. You may wear a bow, and you may fight with a bow, and to show respect, you bow. 

To The Sage Cow, you may guess on my next riddle, since your guess was after my deadline. The rest of you, however, must sit quietly and digest. 

Speaking of, the riddle has risen. Ponder it wisely, I do adore brain food...

Archived