[MtG Commander 2016] Spoilers October 26

~Faytl~

Bo-ring. Another Boros commander built to swing hard. At least First Strike and Vigilance minimize the risk of it attacking and blocking but there is nothing that really feels legendary here. Also the fact this is sorta Black's color pie makes it feel even lamer. Though I guess disappointing Boros commanders is the standard by now.

Parting Thoughts seems solid. Slightly worse than your average removal spell, but can draw a lot of cards.

The dragon seems sweet. Feel like that can do a lot of work in some decks.

Ishai is meh. I knew it was super wishful thinking to think I'd want to counter legendary in Hanna, but as is it is just a big beater. I'm sure she is pretty powerful, but you just don't get a ton of direction with her.

Ravos seems ok. I played a lot of reanimator so I always preferred having my creatures in my grave, but raise dead on a body is solid. The anthem effect is also a nice bonus. Don't think he makes for a good commander though. 5 mana is a lot to start with and he dies to so much. Seems good in the 99 though.

Ludevic is a massive let down. He is good at moving aggression away from you, but I REALLY wanted something different for him.

Kynaios and Tiro seem solid. Your opponents are going to leave them alone and you'll normally get both effects while your opponents only get one.

I at least like this more in the WUBR deck than the other one.

I also like how both the RW legends randomly have Ally.

well they are both zendikari. chances are if you're not an eldrazi or one of their devout, you're an ally.

manifoldinsights.jpgCvtbvDnVUAA_pw_.png

BXZJYrX.png

and some reprints, look em up so this post isn't a thousand miles long. most of these are just lands:

Reins of Power

Caves of Koilos

Darkwater Catacombs

Dragonskull Summit

Karplusan Forest

Rootbound Crag

Shadowblood Ridge

Sungrass Prairie

Sunpetal Grove

Underwater River

Insight is intersting. Draw the 3 worse cards from your top 10. I feel like it will often just be three lands, but if your opponents want someone taken care of you'll get something better.

The Faerie is sweet. Just gotta have a sac outlet to get death triggers off the copy.

Boompile is great.

So, the rare lands are check (was expecting it) pain (not surprising) and filter (wasn't expecting that one). Not bad.

Archived