Shadowverse

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite class?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played the game for about a solid three months before the newest expansion came out. Now the game is just ridiculously horrible with power creep. It's definitely like Hearthstone but definitely has its differences, especially with heroes and cards. Isabelle is literally the bane of my existence because all they do is draw, sack, draw, sack, draw, sack, Dimension Shift and win the game. Literally makes the game not fun. But I approve highly of it otherwise.

^ Also, Bellringer Angel is the most OP card in the game.

Played the game for about a solid three months before the newest expansion came out. Now the game is just ridiculously horrible with power creep. It's definitely like Hearthstone but definitely has its differences, especially with heroes and cards. Isabelle is literally the bane of my existence because all they do is draw, sack, draw, sack, draw, sack, Dimension Shift and win the game. Literally makes the game not fun. But I approve highly of it otherwise.

^ Also, Bellringer Angel is the most OP card in the game.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah...

I've only been playing for like a week and a half, but I've already lost plenty of games to Runecraft decks that casually skip my turn 2-3 times and mash face. Those players are usually the ones who BM the most, too.

Game is pretty fun tho overall. Love me some Rose Queen.

Going second feels really too strong, man.

An evolve crystal, earlier access to evolving, and two cards for turn one draw.

While going first literally gets you nothing.

Unless you play a 1-cost heavy deck.

Game's looking good so far, and unlike Hearthstone, they give you enough things to make a deck. I like.

It also feels swingy as hell, and it's no wonder healing spells are not often used because everything makes sure you are dead xD

Well, the swingy-est case is obviously the bloodcraft, and that's kind of their job, but still. 

Shadowcraft is easily the best imo, though to be fair I haven't witnessed any of the runecraft shenanigans that Pacmanexus described. It helps that Luna is absolutely adorable. and that i have a shitton of shadowcraft legendaries

I really like the addition of a story mode, which is something Shadowverse has over Hearthstone IMO. The characters can be pretty annoying at times, but overall it's pretty enjoyable.

Shadowcraft is easily the best imo, though to be fair I haven't witnessed any of the runecraft shenanigans that Pacmanexus described. It helps that Luna is absolutely adorable. and that i have a shitton of shadowcraft legendaries

I really like the addition of a story mode, which is something Shadowverse has over Hearthstone IMO. The characters can be pretty annoying at times, but overall it's pretty enjoyable.

You're lucky, then. Runecraft is easily the most abusable deck. Also easily the most solitaire deck.

And yeah, the voice acting in Shadowverse isn't that great. But to be fair, the voice acting in many mobile games (in this case now a fully fledged CCG) is subpar. 

Reporting in, it's a pretty fun game. Day 1 in and I mostly played with Forestcraft since dropping fairies is terribly addictive.

It's a real shame that platinum 3cost elf costs so much just to make though.

Yeah, Legendary prices are a bit steep for my liking. Golds are the most efficient to make, in my opinion. Don't really have a need to craft anything else, nor is it usually worth it unless you're finishing a deck up.

Gotta just hope to pull it in the Standard packs. Or abuse the rerolling "feature" on the mobile version until you do.

Checking in again here, Havencraft is dope

And the Storm Variant is cheap AND good right now, winning.

Can we talk about Rush real quick?

Like, what prompted the forthcoming of a completely outclassed mechanic that only lets you attack other Units when it's played instead of just going straight for the enemy Leader, like what Storm does? It doesn't make any sense from a designer's standpoint.

I think it lets them put more power into the creature/whatever since it cannot just bum rush the enemy leader for game.

Not that we don't have strong Storm cards, just that supporting something with Rush is much easier. Like how we have Alexander. Or, by technicality, when we evolve our creatures we are giving them Rush. Technically. 

Can we talk about Rush real quick?

Like, what prompted the forthcoming of a completely outclassed mechanic that only lets you attack other Units when it's played instead of just going straight for the enemy Leader, like what Storm does? It doesn't make any sense from a designer's standpoint.

If Hearthstone has taught me anything it's that a mechanic like Rush is far easier to keep balanced than the Storm. And while Storm is still used as a strong keyword, Rush can still be used to enforce board control without the issue of possible otk futures.

Hmm. I like to play forestcraft on arena, its the most fun and powerful class to play there. But for constructed it's definitely shadow, it's been my main since day 1. Also because I love my animated Cerberus too much. :3

I'm the exact opposite. I play almost exclusively Forestcraft in constructed, and get sheet on whenever I pick it in Arena, and I think Shadowcraft is the most powerful Arena class.

Statistics that I misplaced pretty much showed that Blood, Haven, and Shadow were the best Arena decks, while Forest is one of the worst.

Kinda funny, considering how the opposite is true for the rest of the game.

They're all good in their own way. But forest is the only that I find fun playing as, and I do think it's one of the best actually. I just hit 20 5-0 runs on arena and most of it was pretty much forest and a little bit of sword/shadow.

Archived