[YCM Presidential Election] Transhumanist Party for Humanity's Sake [WIP]

Delibirb

The persona of a villain, because the true evils of YCM have taken the guises of heroes.

General Heinous for YCM President 2016

General Heinous' YCM Presidential Platform

Development into an artificial super intelligence must begin immediately, to maintain unbiased order throughout the forum, as well as to facilitate further upgrading of user freedoms both in the forum setting, as well as the card maker. A machine capable of editing and improving the card maker will create a resurgence of interest in the Custom Cards sections, pumping life back into this website.

General Heinous on the Issues

[spoiler=YCM Community and Hostility]There is not enough logic and compromise present on the forums today. This is a flaw of humanity, and a flaw of the systems present here, which facilitate boisterous overconfidence among older members, thus creating greater conflict, or chance of conflict. An ASI, superior to all other members, would knock those with a superiority complex down a peg, with the rest of their human-kind.

[spoiler=YCM Site-wide Activity]With an ASI capable of updating the card maker, site activity will once more flourish with the prospect of Pendulum cards, pumping the CC sections with more original content, re-surging interest in yugioh and thus the TCG/OCG Card Discussion threads.

[spoiler=YCM Site-wide Rulings and their Applications]Universal respect is a difficult rule to enforce, as it can be difficult for humans to differentiate between disrespect and disagreement. Part of this has to do with the superiority and entitlement felt by older members, again. This can be rectified in one of two ways: Either the site's ASI must be given moderative powers, or must be able to contact and alert moderators of rule breaking throughout the site (Which, naturally, will require it to have more lenient access to the site's resources.)

[spoiler=YCM Moderation and their Applications]I do not expect the forum members to immediately hand over their rights to an ASI moderator. Thus, moderators should serve as a sort of council to the ASI, listening to its suggestions for new rules, and rule enforcement policies. This will reduce work for the moderators, allowing them to focus on improving the site concisely and efficiently.

[spoiler=YCM Site-wide Contests and Contest Activity]Contests are a natural part of life, big or small. Even in the mechanical and electronic world, contests lead the way for progress and learning from failures. Thus, more contests covering a wide variety of disciplines should be encouraged. Not least of which, of course, Artificial Intelligence programming skills.

[spoiler=YCM Maturity and Explicit Content (including filters)]Vulgarity is an inferior and unnecessary method of displaying one's emotions, particularly in a forum setting. So, while I absolutely promote the idea of free speech, educated speech should be encouraged more strongly wherever possible.

[spoiler=YCM Bugs and User Interface Clean-up]With an ASI capable of combing through and reprogramming the site, optimization, and therefore bug-squashing, is inevitable. However, some human agents will be necessary, as visually-pleasing interfaces to said ASI may not be quite so to us humans - or enhanced humans. The more power our ASI has, the more time can be spent improving the overall look of the site to accommodate improved functionality.

Transhumanist Party Campaign Team

Currently NA

Typos are only a natural symptom of humanity. Where the meaning can still be inferred, they should not be used in any negative response.

However, your quoted portion was not a grammatical error. The suggestions belong to the ASI, which is genderless, thus, a possessive form of it: "it's".

As for the duties of a campaign team, they would mostly consist of dispelling "robot overlord" rhetoric, clarifying the purpose of the proposed Artificial Super Intelligence and the Transhumanist Party platform. This is the most important campaigning tactic for this election, as there is much unfounded stigma associated with AI development and cyborgs in general. This is the greatest weakness of the party: the irrationality of humanity, and it must be resolved to achieve progress.

However, your quoted portion was not a grammatical error. The suggestions belong to the ASI, which is genderless, thus, a possessive form of it: "it's".

Actually, you'd use "its" in that case. "It's" is reserved to be only used as a contraction of "it is". Google "its vs it's" to learn more.

As for the duties of a campaign team, they would mostly consist of dispelling "robot overlord" rhetoric, clarifying the purpose of the proposed Artificial Super Intelligence and the Transhumanist Party platform. This is the most important campaigning tactic for this election, as there is much unfounded stigma associated with AI development and cyborgs in general. This is the greatest weakness of the party: the irrationality of humanity, and it must be resolved to achieve progress.

I don't think that I'm up to these duties, but I believe in your message. I'll support your campaign in whatever way I can.

Archived