Darj's Content

There have been 1000 items by Darj (Search limited from 27-June 82)

Sort by                Order  

#7133679 Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 08:42 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

You would reduce by 800 still. It is a set value, unaffected by if the damage is reduced or outright nullified by another card effect. Consider it more a chain of effects, rather than one effect begetting the second effect.

The question is about if the "inflict 800 damage" condition is being fulfilled, not about the stat reduction. Under Damage Diet, you inflict 400, not 800, so technically you are not fulfilling the part A of the effect to proceed with part B. Think of how Bottomless Trap Hole won't banish the monster if it didn't destroy it.

#7133676 Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 08:02 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Nothung the Starlight vs. Damage Diet:

One of Nothung's effect reads as:

"If this card is Special Summoned: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent, then 1 face-up monster your opponent controls loses 800 ATK and DEF."

Needless to say, it is an "A, then B" effect.

Damage Diet:

"Halve all damage you take this turn. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; halve all effect damage you take this turn. (You cannot halve the same damage twice with this effect.)"

My question is: would I be able to use the part B of that effect of Nothung if it is activated under the effects of Damage Diet? I ask because in that scenario, Nothung's effect would inflict 400 damage rather than 800, and IDK if this means the part A of the effect is not being met to proceed with part B. Or does part B checks for the burn effect going through, regardless of much it burns at the end?

#7133649 [Interest Check] YCM Custom Card Tournament

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 01:34 PM in TCG/OCG News, Information, and Tournaments

I mainly was waiting for more input, comments or opinions on my proposed banlist and stances on hand traps, but if there is nothing else to add, then sure, we can start with sign-ups and card submissions.

IDK if I should make a new thread for it, or edit this one. If a mod could let me know what's the best option on this case, I would appreciate it.

#7133633 Guess the Yugioh Card

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 11:40 AM in Games

10. Goblin Attack Force

12. Detonator Circle "A"

14. Voltic Kong

15. Phantom Ghost

#7133619 Dark Battlemage

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 06:19 AM in Casual Card Design

Card looks fun enough. I doubt it would make a big impact because of little things holding back like a lack of a self-summoning condition to compensate for its high Level, requiring you to use or mill your desired Spell(s) to replicate, and relying on battle to activate its replication effect. These add up to make it slow for the competitive level. However, it looks great for lower tiers or slower formats, or as a secret tech at best in decks that consistently Summon Level5+ Spellcasters (Altergeist Kunquery and Shaddolls come to mind, although the latter aren't top tier relevant). To be fair, it does get good summoning support from cards like Magical Dimension, Dark Renewal and Instant Fusion --> Shaddoll Winds to Normal Summon it with 1 Tribute.

I wonder if it could get away without negating its own attack, although that would conflict with the flavor behind using a special (Spell) attack instead of a normal attack.

You definitely can improve it to take it a more competitive level if you desire so, but the trick is in how to do it since you have to be careful about not making the effect too good or it could become a problem by replicating power Spells that normally you wouldn't be able to activate, like Diamond Dude does, as stated in the opening thread.

#7133617 Coercive Curse

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 05:48 AM in Casual Card Design

At least the Spell/Trap stun on the opponent is not permanent, otherwise you would have been able to lock it by Setting stuff they can't activate, like Gateway to Chaos.

Anyway, card looks fun in theory, but then I consider that you can use it as extra copies of cards like Gift Card and support Simochi/Reficule and other not-as-interactive win conditions, and I feel less excited abut this card.

Would be funny to use this in combo with Bait Doll to force the opponent to activate the Trap, preferably one that makes it lose xD

#7133616 Fire Emblem Heroes

Posted by Darj on 28 December 2018 - 05:35 AM in Video Games

Was going to complain about spoilers before posting an introductory video, but I realized later it's a datamine.

I once said I would take either Laegjarn or Laevatein but I take that back: I prefer Laegjarn any day. The same goes for these New Years alts. Although I read Laegjarn will be the TT unit so I won't have to gamble for her, yesh!

Normally I would complain about 2 units sharing color in a a banner, but in this case I'm fine with getting either of the 2 red frost siblings so it's cool. The AoE on Gunhtra's weapon is big, while Hrid seems nicely min/maxed for physical defense. His weapon further supports his bulky nature. Sucks that neither got more unique combinations like Fjorm's Green bow + flier. By the way, I get such as strong Yuyuko vibe from Gunnthra xD

I would take Joint Hones over Hone 4s any day, can't wait for the rest.

And the fixing of banes through merges, oh boy. I do have a couple of seasonal units from which I got 2 copies hoping for better "natures", and couldn't get anything better, but if I can just patch those, it makes it easier to decide to merge them than just keep them around as potential rare skill fodder. On top of my head, I can now patch a -Atk/+Spd B!Sanaki, and a -Atk NY!Camilla, I got 2 HS!Elincias too, and worked on one that just swapped Def for Res, a merge would only patch up her lowest defense. Not a seasonal, but I got 3 Micaiah with supotimal nature as well. I would have to re-check their boons to see which stats will end up improved.

Other units waiting for merges are my main girl Nephenee who is +Atk/-Spd, an Elincia with -Atk, S!Linde with -Spd.

#7133562 Remake a Card

Posted by Darj on 27 December 2018 - 08:37 PM in Card Game Workshop

Time Escaper

Level 2 EARTH Psychic/Effect

During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your GY, you can banish 1 Psychic Monster from your hand; add this card to your hand. (Quick Effect): You can discard this card then activate 1 of these effects;

• Banish 1 Psychic Monster you control or in your GY except "Time Escaper", and if you do, you take no damage until the end of this turn. 
  • Special Summon 1 banished Psychic Monster.

You can only use this effect of "Time Escaper" once per turn. 

ATK/500 DEF/100

Changelog:

• Allows recursion
  • Gives two effects for its discard cost, using Psychic Monsters in your GY as ammo for the first effect
  • Nulls damage for first effect
  • Special Summons banished Psychics

Woah, this is not a remake, but a complete overhaul. I was expecting it to become a Tuner, target any monster instead of just Psychics, and/or become able to use its effect on the field as well, but damn, this is such a big twist xD

Link Party

Quick-Play Spell

Apply these effects in sequence, depending on the number of different original Attributes the Link Monsters on the field have.
● 1: All Link Monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
● 2: All Link Monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK.
● 3: Gain 1500 LP.
● 4: Inflict 2000 damage to your opponent.
● 5: Special Summon 1 monster with 2500 or more ATK from your Deck.
● 6: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls with 3000 or less ATK.
You can only activate 1 “Link Party” per turn.

Next:

Cracking Dragon

#7133556 Support an Archetype

Posted by Darj on 27 December 2018 - 07:51 PM in Card Game Workshop

T.G. Drive Drake

FIRE/Wyrm/Effect/Level 1

100/200

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Set 1 "TG" Quick-Play Spell, or Trap, directly from your Deck or GY, also it can be activated this turn. During the End Phase, if this card is in the GY because it was destroyed on the field by battle or card effect and sent there this turn: You can add 1 "T.G." monster from your Deck to your hand, except "T.G. Drive Drake". You can only use each effect of "T.G. Drive Drake" once per turn.

Next:

Prediction Princess

#7133552 Fire Emblem Heroes

Posted by Darj on 27 December 2018 - 07:10 PM in Video Games

Not too happy about this, either. More Fateswakening, it's an alt of a character who already got plenty of alts, and a recent one no less, the Arena skill locked on a Legendary unit, powercrept Sing/Dance skill, IDK why she is a flier, and she could have had a more unique typing, let's say Colorless dagger. I'm not a fan of Corrin but I feel as unfair that Azura got a legendary alt before him/her xD

#7133549 [Written] Twin Star Blaster

Posted by Darj on 27 December 2018 - 06:59 PM in Advanced Card Design

This card is no good, IMO. Either it's weak with Level 4 or lower monsters, the more common Levels, or abusable for big damage with high-level ones, with a max of 2300 in a Level12 monster. It just looks like support for non-interactive burn decks that can tech Timelords or Exodius for big burns without needing to attack, have fun with that :v

#7133479 [DANE] Cards from the Commerical

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 06:05 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

I thought WL got a counter trap? I stand corrected then.

They do, WL Sorrow, I mentioned it earlier. It requires you to control a co-linked monster to be live.

#7133466 Naturia Sacred Foraging

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 01:12 PM in Casual Card Design

Looks like a solid card to me. I was wondering why bother with Setting the card and make them pseudo spell-speed-2 instead of activating them right away with a substitute effect like Traptrix Rafflesia's, but then it would conflict with Exterio's Fang and its spell-speed-3, so it's fine. I like it grabs from the GY too, that way you don't have to load your deck with dead-draw-ish copies of the cards. Finally, the in-GY effect is amazing: monster searching support for Naturias is welcomed, even with Naturia Tree around, the effect is flexible enough to make it millable and usable by Burial Goods, and even if summoning directly from deck may be potent, Naturias can take it IMO because of their current power level.

#7133459 [Striker] Shamutan and Likuntam: Chaos Synchro Pendulum Dragons

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 11:55 AM in Casual Multiples

Oh, surprised you didn't notice one of Likuntam's effects is courtesy of BLS-EotB.

Huh, you could also say it's from Lightwsorn Michael too. Trigger effect targeting to banish has not been that unique for a while.

#7133449 Enraged Greatbird

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 09:52 AM in Advanced Card Design

Damn, a Link4 for Spirits. That's a lot of monsters for them considering their struggles with swarming. Seems to me you intend players to easily Summon this with Shinobird Tokens, or Scapegoat, assuming they survive the opponent's turn. Regardless, at least you can resort to swarming through non-Spirits to access this.

No OPT on the quick effect looks like it's asking for trouble, but really, Spirits would need insane searching and/or drawing support to abuse it, and that's highly unlikely. Or who knows, strategies like searching for Maharaghis and Amanos though Block Dragon just for the discard fodder come to mind xD

Still, it's something that IMO would need some tests to determine. You could play safe and go for a twice or thrice per turn clause.

#7133448 [DANE] Cards from the Commerical

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 09:43 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Damn, Ib Miko looks great to me. A more generic way than Morning Star to fetch World Legacy cards, including splashable ones like their Reborn. You could try to play it like Denglong too by grabbing disruptive stuff like World Legacy's Sorrow or the Link Summoning Urgent Tuning, if you got the setup for them. IDK if it got engine potential by teching World Chalice monsters for the float, as well.

As if that wasn't enough, it's a Synchro Tuner, which means it's Summonable by Needlefiber.

#7133446 [Striker] Shamutan and Likuntam: Chaos Synchro Pendulum Dragons

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 09:35 AM in Casual Multiples

DARK is the best of the 2, IMO. Its Monster effect is crazy good for stunning, an its Pendulum effect doesn't fall behind as a layer of protection.

The Pendulum Effect of the LIGHT one is insane, summoning a wide array of LIGHTs straight from the deck. Its Monster Effect is decent, but without a quick effect clause like the DARK one, it is not as good. Not suggesting to make it quick effect, since the Pendulum effect is insane already. Scale 9 may be important for Pendulum Summoning Level8s, IDK about that one.

Why does one has 1400 DEF, and the other 0? Recurring Nightmare support for the DARK one?

#7133444 [Written] Assault Spirit | Synchro for all your /Assault Mode needs!

Posted by Darj on 26 December 2018 - 09:27 AM in Advanced Card Design

Text fix:

For this card's Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 monster you control that specifically lists the card "Assault Mode Activate" in its text as a Tuner. If this card is Synchro Summoned using a Tuner that specifically lists the card "Assault Mode Activate" in its text: Draw 2 cards. While this card is face-up on field or in in your GY (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP; excavate top cards of your Deck until you excavate an "/Assault Mode" monster, and if you do, this card's name becomes the name(s) listed in the text of /Assault Mode monster(s) you control and excavated this way until your next Standby Phase. Then return all excavated cards to the top of the Deck in any order.

Probably the excavation effect can be further clarified, but the draw effect needed a fix for it to properly start a chain.

Anyway, not a big fan of the card. IMO an appeal of /Assault Modes is designing and tailoring decks for each /Assault and their respective Synchros that require different materials. If you make something like this, all of that becomes moot as you can simply dedicate to Synchro8 Summoning. Then again, you can already access different /Assaults through their Reboot cards, but that takes more set-up steps than this.

Then, copying multiple names seems iffy. It's not broken nor anything, it's just kind of weird. IDK if it's even possible for a card to have more than 2 names, beyond an original name and a copied name.

#7133348 [DANE] Goukis

Posted by Darj on 25 December 2018 - 06:51 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Good luck extra linking w/o firewall

Alright, killing hands with Gumblar then :v

#7133231 [DANE] World Chalice Guardragon Almarduk

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 02:30 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

2nd Effect may be too specific but with that multi-attack and the flexibility it of its materials and Typing (e.g. Dragon for Dragon's Mirror) it looks really good already.

#7133230 [DANE] Goukis

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 02:25 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

More Gouki Links nobody will play because Knightmares and Extra Linking is better? :v

I guess Blade Ogre could be used for non-destructive, non-targeting removal of a monster that happen to be in its pointed Zone.

#7133197 [DANE] Altergeists

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 01:04 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

I too thought they were Ghost Girl Tuner support from the previous thread title xD

I don't see these being good. Haunted Rock is good for the mirror and vs. backrow-heavy decks so I guess it's a side card at best.

And the Synchro... I remember they will get a Tuner, but is the Synchro good enough for them? IDK. I don't remember Altergeist being consistent at Tributing to make use of its 2nd effect. Hextia does but AFAIK by the time Altergeist drop it, they are already ahead in the game. It could allow for cards techs that Tribute, though, with +300 ATK it would have been an EEV target. At least it has generic materials so you don't necessarily have to compromise your Altergeist stunning board to access it.

#7133194 [DANE] Psychic Reflector

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 12:58 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Now this is solid support. Cant' go wrong with a Stratos-like searching condition, the 2nd effect makes it a 1-card 2-material ED Summon, and I don't see any annoying restriction towards only Synchro monsters, and unlike other cards from the current batch, it has no Ruler hard OPT clause. What else? Oh right, searchable by E-Tele, One for One and Arf Thou, revivable by Power Well.

#7133193 [DANE] Neo Flamvell Lady

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 12:54 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

The artwork is gorgeous. The effects don't look so good, though.

#7133184 [DANE] Cloudian Aerosol

Posted by Darj on 24 December 2018 - 12:35 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Got excited for a moment from the thread's title, but this not exactly what they need to spam Smoke Balls through Turbulence and become the new meta. Even if you wanted to skip right into the in-GY effect through Foolish Burial Goods, it needs a Cloudian monster in GY too, so it won't be live right away. The Ruler hard OPT clause further holds it back.