Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Lunar Origins's Content

There have been 1000 items by Lunar Origins (Search limited from 25-July 81)

Sort by                Order  

#7098203 Post and I'll post what Pokemon Gym Leader or Kahuna you are

Posted by Lunar Origins on 03 May 2018 - 03:40 PM in Miscellaneous

You know what?

I can get down with Wallace.  

#7098037 [MtG] Catharja, Heirophant of Crows

Posted by Lunar Origins on 02 May 2018 - 08:30 PM in Other TCG Cards

Catharja, Heirophant of Crows

3UWB

[ Legendary Creature - Human Horror ]

Flying, Deathtouch, Shroud

When Catharja, Heirophant of Crows enters the battlefield, discard your hand.

If you would draw a card, add target card from your graveyard to your hand instead.

When an opponent draws a card, look at the top three cards of your deck.  Choose one of those cards and send it to the graveyard, then you may shuffle the others into your deck.  Else, return them to the top or bottom of your deck in any order.

"Her wings inspire; her touch infests."

1/6

A commander that turns your graveyard into your 'hand' and allows for some silly plays.  Potential for infinite combos galore, which is what commander is all about, right?

#7097786 Post and I'll post what Pokemon Gym Leader or Kahuna you are

Posted by Lunar Origins on 30 April 2018 - 09:48 PM in Miscellaneous

Hello. 

#7097412 [Lunar] Scarevoyant

Posted by Lunar Origins on 27 April 2018 - 07:05 PM in Advanced Multiples

Scarevoyant Toddlenaga

DARK // LEVEL 1

[ Psychic // Effect ]

(1) FLIP: You can discard 1 "voyant" card from your hand: Target 1 face-up card on the field; Negate that card's effects, and, if you do, add 1 "voyant" Trap card from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate this effect of "Scarevoyant Toddlenaga" once per turn. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 "voyant" Trap card from your hand.

[ 600 / 300 ]

Scarevoyant Carrykey

DARK // Level 1

[ Psychic // Effect ]

(1) You can reveal this card in your hand: Special Summon it in face-down Defense position.  You cannot Special Summon monsters on the turn you activated this effect. (2) FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "voyant" monster from your deck in face-down Defense position, then you can immediately flip it to face-up Defense position when this effect resolves. (3) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 "voyant" Trap card from your hand.

[ 600 / 550 ]

Rarevoyant, they Who Lurk

DARK // Level 6

[ Psychic // Effect ]

(1) FLIP: Banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck face-down.  (2) After damage calculation, if this card battled an opponent's monster: Banish that card face-down. (3) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 "voyant" Trap card from your hand.

[ 1700 / 2500 ]

Maskvoyant, they Who Terrify

DARK // Level 9

[ Psychic // Fusion // Effect ]

2 "voyant" monsters

(1) When this card is Fusion Summoned by a "voyant" card: Banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck face-down. (2) Cards that would be sent to your opponent's Graveyard are instead banished face-down. (3) If a card(s) is banished face-down, except by the effect of "Maskvoyant, they Who Terrify": You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it. (4) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 "voyant" Trap card from your hand.

[ 1400 / 2900 ]

Scarevoyant Spook

[ Trap / Continuous ]

(1) If this card is activated from the hand: Draw 1 card and reveal it; If that card is a Level 5 or higher "voyant" monster, draw 1 card. (2) Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can send 2 "voyant" monsters you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "voyant" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck (this counts as a Fusion Summon.) This effect can only be activated once per turn. (3) "voyant" Fusion monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of your opponent's monsters.

Scarevoyant Reassurance

[ Trap ]

(1) Banish the top card of your opponent's Deck face-down. (2) If this card is being activated from your hand, it has this effect instead:

• Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck: You may banish 1 of those cards face-down, then place the others on the top or bottom of their deck in any order that you wish.

Scarevoyant Retell

[ Trap ]

(1) Send 1 "voyant" card from your Deck to your Graveyard. (2) If this card is being activated from your hand, it has this effect instead:

• Add 2 "voyant" cards from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Scarevoyant Retell", and, if you do: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field.

Scarevoyant Climax

[ Trap ]

(1) If your opponent has 10 or more banished cards: Destroy all monsters they control. (2) If this card is being activated from your hand, it has this effect instead:

• Discard 1 card; Banish all Spell/Trap cards on the field face-down.

A small archetype I had an idea for a little while ago, based entirely on milling your opponent's deck face-down so they lose a lot of their combo pieces or consistency while you build up your own card advantage through disruption and draw control in the meantime.  Also based on traps that are more powerful if you wait to activate them from your hand when your "voyant" monsters are sent to the Graveyard.

Their win condition is fairly slow, and they're incapable of really pushing for game with their own attacks, so their disruption effects are designed to be powerful in their stead.  They lend themselves less to OTKs/FTKs and more to slow games.

#7096546 [Lunar] Grandlight Crusader

Posted by Lunar Origins on 22 April 2018 - 10:49 PM in Advanced Card Design

The Spellcaster part is mostly flavor - the character in the image is a member of the Kirin Tor of Dalaran, a city of magi in World of Warcraft.  She's a high ranking member of their military and is decked out in spellbreaker's armor.

As for your suggestions, they're greatly appreciated.  I designed it with something like Decode Talker in mind; you synchro summon her in tandem with him to mitigate the cost of freely using his effect to negate things and further protect her.  I'm not entirely sure how I could design her effect to accomplish what I want while still working with existing wordings and rulesets.

#7096464 [Lunar] Grandlight Crusader

Posted by Lunar Origins on 22 April 2018 - 01:02 PM in Advanced Card Design

86POesp.jpg

Grandlight Crusader

Level 7 -- LIGHT

[ Spellcaster / Synchro / Effect ]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

(1) Other card effects cannot make "Grandlight Crusader" attack more than once per turn.  (2) If this card would be sent from the field to the Graveyard for a cost, or would be tributed: Draw 1 card and reveal it; If the revealed card is a monster card, send it to the Graveyard instead of this card for the cost or tribute. (3) If this card declares an attack: place 1 Crusade counter on this card.  (4) If there are 3 Crusade counters on this card, you win the Duel.

[ 2800 // 2000 ]

Designed to be a hard-to-remove beefy attacker in this day and age that punishes your opponent for trying to Tribute it or rewards you for attempting to use it as fodder, either giving you a S/T in the hand or filling your grave and protecting itself.

Also there's an alternate win condition on a generic Level 7 Synchro because why not - games are decided in the Battle Phase, and if your opponent lets you attack three times with this monster, they're probably already going to lose anyways.

Art is by Faukk of my World of Warcraft character.

#7096456 AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 22 April 2018 - 12:28 PM in Miscellaneous

So I take it you are not a fan of MR4? Don't worry, YCM cardmakers are split on it too. And living on your own? Was it stressful starting out?

MR4 can go suck a fat dick.

And not really.  I feel like I've been doing it just fine.  Not as hard as some people make it out to be.

hiiiiiiiiii

Do anything creative since you've been away?

Yeah.

Your mom.

*dabs*

#7096357 AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 11:48 PM in Miscellaneous

How do you determine that modern Yugioh is awful after one match

I'm an avid synchro and Junk lover.  The fact that my old combos don't work because of some new and awful obtuse game mechanic just made the game feel a thousand times worse than it used to.

OpGSVs0.jpg

I've been great.

#7096282 AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 04:44 PM in Miscellaneous

How have you been since you were last here?

I've been alright.  Living on my own and whatnot is fun, and I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be a year or so ago.

What was your main activity during your YCM hiatus?

Work.

What do you think of Striker

He's alright, but I don't have an opinion much these days.

#7096252 AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 01:18 PM in Miscellaneous

Oh.

I played a match of modern Yu-Gi-Oh and got disgusted at how awful the game was, so I came back to make a card.

#7096247 AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 12:43 PM in Miscellaneous

I haven't been here in a while, so let's do one of these.

#7096245 Might of the Burdened

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 12:41 PM in Casual Card Design

Couple recommendations, because as it is, the card is a bit weaker than it can be.

When a monster with 1000 or less ATK declares an attack:

Could be better as:

When a monster with an original ATK of 1000 or less declares an attack:

Gives you more flexibility in who you want it to target and fits more to the flavor.

Another thing - you could make it into a Continuous Spell Card.  It's not strong enough to warrant having to survive your opponent's turn to see play on your next.

Otherwise, it's adorable.

#7096244 I’m the forum laughingstock now, AMA

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 12:38 PM in Miscellaneous

I'm positive you're not the laughingstock of this forum. 

This place doesn't have enough people to laugh at you.

#7096243 What if you had to Set Spells before activating them?

Posted by Lunar Origins on 21 April 2018 - 12:35 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! Banlists and Theory

Giving new life to the phrase 'MST negates', my friend.

#7095811 Return Thread

Posted by Lunar Origins on 19 April 2018 - 12:47 PM in Introductions

I'm not back for very long - just revisiting my childhood.

Hope you're all doing well.

#7095807 [Lunar] Blisterfel Warlock

Posted by Lunar Origins on 19 April 2018 - 12:26 PM in Advanced Card Design

qOWUv0f.png

Blisterfel Warlock

Dark // Level 6

[ Spellcaster / Effect ]

(1) If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.  Card effects cannot be activated in response to this Summon. (2) Quick Effects cannot be activated. (3)  You cannot Special Summon monsters. (4) When this card declares an attack, if this card is this only monster you control: Negate the effects of all other face-up cards on the field until the end of the Battle Phase, then target up to 2 Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls; Banish them and 'Blisterfel Warlock'.  During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon those cards and 'Blisterfel Warlock' back to their respective sides of the field, then take 1000 damage for each monster Special Summoned this way.

"You've lost your heart, my dear old friend.  Gone are the days of old where you weren't so guarded...  Allow me to take you back, for a change."

[ 2000 / 1600 ]

This is a card that I wrote with the full intention of going through the many protections that exist in today's version of Yugioh.  She's a high risk, high reward card focused entirely on dismantling the painstaking effort your opponent went through in order to build up their field.  She was designed with the old shock decks of yore in mind, just... taken up to eleven.

It's designed to make you waste your battle phase in order to get her effect off, while still allowing you some flexibility to build up a field you can control with during MP2.

If you cannot weather the damage taken during the next turn, you'll take anywhere from 1000-3000 damage depending on the number of monsters are Summoned back to the field.

Art is also just the art of one of my characters in WoW.

#7005005 Post and I'll give you an anime weapon

Posted by Lunar Origins on 28 April 2017 - 07:15 PM in Miscellaneous

mrroq

#7004998 [Written] Bonded Master & Beast

Posted by Lunar Origins on 28 April 2017 - 06:40 PM in Advanced Card Design

Sorry, I totally blanked before - the original ATK and DEF of this card is ?.

#7004838 [Written] Bonded Master & Beast

Posted by Lunar Origins on 28 April 2017 - 03:30 AM in Advanced Card Design

Bonded Master & Beast

[ Level 9 // WIND ]

[ Beast-Warrior // Fusion // Effect ]

1 Level 4 or higher Warrior-type monster + 1 level 4 or higher Beast-type monster

(1) You may Fusion Summon this card from your Extra Deck by shuffling the above materials from your side of the field into the Deck.  This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the combined ATK and DEF of its Fusion materials, respectively.

(2) Negate the activation and effect(s) of all Spell and Trap cards (even if they are not on the field.)

(3) You may only attack with "Bonded Master & Beast", and only once per turn with it.  This card may attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

(4) During the End Phase:  Return this card to your Extra Deck and, if possible Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior or Beast-type monster from your Deck in face-up Defense position.  Its effect is negated.

[ ATK: ? // DEF: ? ]

This card is intended to be a neat and flavorful finisher to decks that might contain both Beasts and Warriors - and the simple existence of a card with this sort of power (being able to push for game as hard as it does without much to stop it) could pave the way for decks that would potentially be designed around it.

However, this card's effect does ultimately leave you in a weaker position than you were before, thanks to its little End Phase clause, and would slow your momentum after burning through your opponent's Life Points.

#7004199 Some Motivation For You All

Posted by Lunar Origins on 25 April 2017 - 03:11 PM in Miscellaneous

More bans, please.

#7003670 Winter's Ban

Posted by Lunar Origins on 24 April 2017 - 11:00 AM in Comments and Suggestions

Good job, team. This should have happened a long, long time ago and it's about time you've finally addressed the problem. More of this in the future when problems arise instead of letting people like this fester would be great.

#7000496 Post and I'll give you a weapon from a video game

Posted by Lunar Origins on 15 April 2017 - 06:40 PM in Miscellaneous

Ayy!

#6999925 [PHSW] Eisbahn

Posted by Lunar Origins on 13 April 2017 - 05:51 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Can someone explain the story behind this card in relation to YCM? I know that there was a thread about it that devolved into a particularly viscous argument, but I always wondered what could have caused the argument to get so bad that it went down in YCM history. We've had loads of massive fights on this site, but they don't hold the same legendary position as the Eisbahn thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the thread. https://forum.yugioh...260446-eisbahn/

I'll just read through it all myself.

EDIT 2: Did this really happen?

Yes, that totally happened.  It was pretty great.

#6999867 [PHSW] Eisbahn

Posted by Lunar Origins on 13 April 2017 - 03:42 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

YTPTbHO.png

When a monster with an Attribute other than WATER is Normal or Special Summoned (including face-down Summons), and you control a face-up WATER monster: That Summoned monster is changed to Defense Position.

Inb4 everyone in the thread is warned.

Discuss the merits of this 'legendary' card in today's meta and any uses it may have with the changing formats.

#6998864 Wisteria [Interest Check]

Posted by Lunar Origins on 10 April 2017 - 06:57 PM in Out-of-Character Planning

Small bump.