BGM キャノン's Content

There have been 1000 items by BGM キャノン (Search limited from 02-October 82)

Sort by                Order  

#7139546 [LVDS] Trickstar Fes

Posted by BGM キャノン on 14 August 2019 - 01:42 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Still doesn't soften the blow of Light Stage at 1 though. :/

Ah well... For what it is, it can at least it make Holly Angel plays a bit more feasible to rack up a lot of burn damage to follow up with a better chance of getting an extra draw off of Trickstar Crimson Heart effect...

#7139487 [Fist of the Gadgets / FIGA] Fire Fist

Posted by BGM キャノン on 09 August 2019 - 11:04 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Didn't expect them to get a Fusion Monster, but would never have guessed they would also go for a Ritual Monster. Can't think of many other Archetypes that have so many, maybe Burning Abyss, and of course D/D, though that's their whole thing.

Well...  I mean in hindsight they did have an awkward Synchro in the time XYZ's were prominent... So with that in mind they could have eventually expand their... Unnecessary versatility in Summoning things by different means.

#7139199 Volcanic Homingshot

Posted by BGM キャノン on 22 July 2019 - 09:53 PM in Casual Card Design

Volcanic Homingshot
FIRE
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Pyro/Effect]
ATK/ 500 DEF/1800

While you control a "Blaze Accelerator" card (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your hand or GY and target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy the target, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use this effect of "Volcanic Homingshot" once per turn.

#7139193 Support an Archetype

Posted by BGM キャノン on 22 July 2019 - 08:08 PM in Card Game Workshop

Volcanic Flareshot

FIRE

Level 2

[Pyro/Effect]

ATK/ 500 DEF/ 2000

If this card is sent the GY: Special Summon 1 Pyro monster from your hand or GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions. You can only use this effect of "Volcanic Flareshot" once per turn.

Next: LIGHT Reptile Worms

#7139190 Support an Archetype

Posted by BGM キャノン on 22 July 2019 - 07:41 PM in Card Game Workshop

Extreme Steam Stream Rush

EARTH

Level 10

[Machine/Effect]

ATK/ 3000 DEF/ 0

During your Main Phase 1: You can pay half your LP; Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do,  the Summon of EARTH Machine monsters cannot be negated for the rest of this turn, but you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of "Extreme Steam Stream Rush" once per turn.

Next: Chess Archfiends

#7139171 Torch Racer

Posted by BGM キャノン on 21 July 2019 - 06:38 PM in Casual Card Design

Torch Racer
FIRE
✪ (Level 1)
[Pyro/Effect/Tuner]
ATK/500 DEF/200

(Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 FIRE monster with 200 DEF from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Torch Racer" once per turn. While this card is in the GY, FIRE monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

Concept

Design Notes

#7139169 [IGAS] Ten Thousand Dragon

Posted by BGM キャノン on 21 July 2019 - 05:28 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

So it is a essentially a worse Montage Dragon that requires you to have a board that already has 10,000 ATK (And DEF?! What the hell!) or more... Yeah that is a hard pass for me...

EDIT: I guess... If say you managed to summon a bunch of things that are given an attack restriction, like say monsters Summoned through World Legacy Burgeoning 2nd effect, Summoning this would would be okay... But, at that point you are dedicating so many resources you may as well make an OTK or bust garbage Deck around this thing.

#7139164 Double Magical Arm Bind [Generaid Tech]

Posted by BGM キャノン on 21 July 2019 - 02:25 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

This is really solid for a purely stun-based Generaid build.

You mind posting your deck on here?  My deck is a lot heavier on control over stun, so it's a bit difficult to see how the decks stack up comparatively.

Yeah sure thing...

Though I don't think mine is fully optimized, but here you go:

Monsters (12):

2x Every Generaid Main Deck monster

Spells (12):

2x Pot of Extravagance

1x Terraforming

3x Generaid Quest

3x World Legacy Burgeoning

3x Generaid Stage

Traps (16):

3x Double Magical Arm Bind

3x Trap Trick

2x Ballista Squad

1x Metaverse

3x Generaid Battle

1x Generaid Territory

3x Horn of Heaven

Extra (15):

1x True King of All Calamaties

1x Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir

1x Heart-Earth Dragon

1x Jormungandr, Generaid of Eternity

1x Knightmare Gryphon

1x World Gears of Theurological Demiurgy

2x Fierce Ogre of Tenyi

1x Luster Soldier - Soldier of Chaos

1x Knightmare Unicorn

1x Knightmare Phoenix

1x Knightmare Cerberus

3x I:P Maskerena

#7139108 Double Magical Arm Bind [Generaid Tech]

Posted by BGM キャノン on 20 July 2019 - 09:18 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

iUUWU3E.jpeg

Double Magical Arm Bind
[Normal Trap]

Tribute 2 monsters, then target 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls; take control of both targets until your End Phase.

So I was rooting around for a trap that could abuse Generaid's mass token Summoning Field Spell https://yugipedia.co.../Generaid_Stage since there is no restriction on Tributing the Tokens.. And stumbled across this bad boy. You can Tribute any excess Tokens then proceed to jack your opponent's board for a free Link play or potentially OTK them for your following turn.

And as an added plus it is searchable via Trap Trick.

#7139097 Bonfire Fuel

Posted by BGM キャノン on 20 July 2019 - 03:21 PM in Casual Card Design

Bonfire Fuel
[Normal Spell]

You can discard up to 2 FIRE monsters with 200 DEF; draw a number of cards equal to the number of cards you discarded +1. You can only activate 1 "Bonfire Fuel" once per turn.

Inspiration From:

#7138987 [TCG] July 15th Banlist

Posted by BGM キャノン on 15 July 2019 - 01:04 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! Banlists and Theory

Rekindling is back at not just 2, but 3!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! Best ban list! I can play Lavals again!!!

EDIT: There has to be a catch though... Any errata do you know?

#7138977 Generaid [DBMF]

Posted by BGM キャノン on 15 July 2019 - 11:07 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

How love how these suggest  they can support other Types and not just their archetype... It leaves me pondering on these suggestions. Is their name a portmanteau of "general" or "generic + "aid"?

#7138927 [CHIM] Lonely Little Lama

Posted by BGM キャノン on 13 July 2019 - 09:09 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

There is one thing that this guy can do, but you wouldn't want to do it... For the sake of draw power, he can trigger both the effects of Pinpoint Landing and Supply Squad on the same turn with his effects. You Special Summon him to activate Pinpoint then you Summon something else for him to destroy himself to activate Supply Squad. Quite a bit of dedication for one card you are probably only going to run 1 of if you are feeling brave, of course at that point you would figure out which Deck can utilize both.

#7138899 [CHIM] Lonely Little Lama

Posted by BGM キャノン on 12 July 2019 - 10:43 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Free Linkuriboh, but it becomes dead in hand based on field presence... Yuck. At least its flavor of loneliness is in the right place... So lonely no one would use it.

#7138810 [CHIM] Pup Prize

Posted by BGM キャノン on 10 July 2019 - 05:34 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

So nobody's going to point out that this thing brings out multiple cards from your GY if you succeed on multiple attacks, right? The activation of this card may be a hard OPT, but its effect isn't; it goes off every time it destroys something by battle. Anyone? Anyone? @BGM キャノン?

Like, this is screaming for Borrelsword, Ultimate Conductor, Chaos Ancient Gear Golem, Invoked Purgatrio, all those cards-for them, this is for the GY what Super Rejuvenation is for the Deck for Dragons. Only better since, BECAUSE THIS THING DOESN'T TRIGGER DURING THE END PHASE, you can just get your Traps in hand that you may have already used (coughImpermanencecough) and Set them for next turn.

Seriously, this card'll be stealth good-just get a multi-attacker on board and watch the advantage roll in. 7.7/10, man.

Well I do admire the attempt...

So I guess I will make a more conscious attempt on my end to find some form of usage despite how unequivocally trash this card is...

Let's see... So cards ideally you want to only pull cards that you can use on your opponent's turn, and so it goes: Quick-Plays, Traps, and Hand Traps. Additionally, this thing functions based on attacking and killing something...

So with those 2 things in mind I've concocted a usage... Recycle Honest like Hand Traps: Elemental Hero Honest Neos, Buijin Crane, World Legacy- World Lance, Kiwi Magcian Girl, etc. , etc. That way you have incentive to use up your hand trap in situation where you would want to conserve it... Other than that I guess any other Quick-Play Spells or Traps that work to promote an advantageous situation during either player's Battle Phase.

It is still not something to write home about... But, I guess it is something.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note: if we can't abuse this thing with multi-attackers... Why does this thing even have a HOPT? This thing doesn't even seem it would be problematic if it wasn't. The mere fact that we can't use the card that we pull on the same turn already weakens this card too much. I'm just curious as to what the brilliant minds who made this card saw how it would be a threat in rare situations where a player drew multiples of these.

#7138788 [CHIM] Pup Prize

Posted by BGM キャノン on 09 July 2019 - 11:09 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

... Yeah this thing is, soooo.. How to put it?... Meh. These days, in any given turn you would rather just have things that would contribute to an actual play than needing to resort to pull something from the GY that you don't even get to use on the same turn... At the expense of attacking and actually destroying something mind you.

Sure you can Foolish Burial Goods a potentially devastating Spell or Trap prior to trying to activate this and pull what you sent to the GY, but would anyone really want to attempt this?

Seems like something that would have been at least okay way back in the days when things like Flamvell Firedog were a thing.

#7138723 More World Legacy Cards [CHIM]

Posted by BGM キャノン on 07 July 2019 - 01:59 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

It is funny how the Orcust engine still does a better job at supporting World Legacy than World Legacy themselves... XD

The Sword is only good at getting out Crown from hand with its additional search effect if it is Tributed. I suppose the Anti-Link effect is probably it's best selling point

Continuous Spell is okay I suppose World Legacy Survival is best thing I can think of that can fill this thing with the most amount of counters... I mean obviously the objective for the continuous spell is to get out World Gears, but with the help of Orcust engine along with World Wand and World Crown, it is cake walk to get out compared to this Continuous Spell.

The Trap... Well I would have wanted this thing along time ago maybe to get out World Crowns to scare off opponent from using a Link Effect or get out World Armor for searching any of the good stuff... My only gripe about it though is why the hell isn't it a "World Legacy" card by name. That mere fact makes it unobtainable by World Legacy Survival and also makes it a liability of potentially making World Legacy Survival a -1 if it doesn't excavate any World Legacy. :/

#7138709 [CHIM] Soothing Burial

Posted by BGM キャノン on 06 July 2019 - 10:51 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

After a little more food for thought on Continuous monster effects... I am seeing Melodius is another deck that could appreciate this as an alternative means to set up their Aria/Elegy wall.

#7138703 Make a Tuner Monster Game

Posted by BGM キャノン on 06 July 2019 - 05:47 PM in Card Game Workshop

Animated Ambush

[Continuous Trap]

When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (Plant/Tuner/DARK/Level 5/ ATK 0/ DEF 2500) (This card is also still a Trap card), and if you do, change the attack target to this card, and proceed damage calculation. After damage calculation: Destroy any opponent's monster that battles this card.

Next Card:

A Ritual Tuner along with its Ritual Spell

#7138694 [CHIM] Soothing Burial

Posted by BGM キャノン on 06 July 2019 - 02:52 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Dang I was way off with what this was going to do...

Well... It is good if you need some form of continuous monster floodgate to dump on your opponents turn to revive it on them with Back to the Front, or Super Team Buddy Force since continuous effects aren't affected by this card's draw back. Although that would be dedicating your back row a bit on solely reviving the floodgate of your choice, but at least Trap Trick makes it plausible to an extent.

#7138676 [CHIM] Soothing Burial

Posted by BGM キャノン on 06 July 2019 - 12:59 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Foolish Gravekeeping, maybe?

Effect wise... I can't really imagine what it would be other than something that treats the Graveyard well... Maybe a temporary Necrovalley-esque effect that stops your opponent from messing with either Graveyard, and maybe it could be activated from the hand, hopefully?

#7138675 [CHIM] Evoltile Megachirella

Posted by BGM キャノン on 06 July 2019 - 12:54 AM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Based on this card, it seems unlikely, but I wonder if they'll make a Link "Evol" monster with the Wyrm type as the further "evolution" after the Xyz Dragons?

Well not sure about the Wyrm part... But, I think it would be missed opportunity to give them a Link regardless: I mean they all have binary code in their background for some reason... They kind of scream "We belong to this generation!". But, then again more so on Digital Bugs. XD

#7138642 [CHIM] Evoltile Megachirella

Posted by BGM キャノン on 04 July 2019 - 02:42 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Love this... It can often make Evo-Singularity live in one go even if this thing gets Ash'd (which would suck, of course, but at least if you have Evo-Singularity you can still retaliate). And Evo-Singulariy is a now a Trap Trick target so the consistency for an Evolzar play on your opponents turn is there. :D

However, the problem that now resides with Evols... Is that their boss monster negation effects aren't enough on their own, and often need back row to compliment their stunning capabilities... Yet they still have an unorthodox and often unreliable means of making their Xyz bosses.

#7138549 Cards of Time Passage

Posted by BGM キャノン on 01 July 2019 - 05:39 PM in Casual Card Design

So... About 1st and 2nd turn...  During 1st turn, do you go -2 like discard 1 card from to resolve it? During second turn, do you just blank shot for -1? While it would be dumb to do that, I think there needs to some clarity on ruling... Perhaps word the card differently to where you can only activate it on the third turn. Otherwise, that -2 could cause some confusion.

Activate this card on turn count 3 or more. If you control a Spellcaster: Draw cards equal to the current turn count -2. You can only activate 1 "Cards of Time Passage" per turn.

Now in terms viability... Yeah, it is slow. But, me being an intellect: Pair this with stall cards like Waboku, and Threatening Roar... You could potentially generate menacing advantage as you proceed to buy time.

It essentially makes this a better Shard of Greed where you don't have to worry about losing it to things other than Ghost Ash.

#7138547 [CHIM] Wattrain

Posted by BGM キャノン on 01 July 2019 - 04:10 PM in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Card Discussion

Well after testing this out for a good 30 games or so... There is still yet work to be done for Watts. The turn delay for the swarm effect really bites this card... Most of the time even with Waboku, and Threatening Roar it doesn't handle some of the larger issues that Watts struggle against such as negations. I was finding myself to even start teching that 1 Thunder Kaiju along with Gameciel... I am thinking they could have made it a bit different where you could only use one of the effects at a time instead you could Foolish Burial Good it on a turn that might matter even if it means minusing. I am learning that Thunder Seahorse and Wattcobra can do most of the adding of your Watts better than this card can because this requires field presence you might not have all the time... Making this card dead the more backrow you draw.

It is a good card, but Watts are an archetype that already struggle too much to have a firm standing. At best they are still only going to win against an opponent that bricks, Deck that doesn't have a lot of outs or negates, or a Deck that can't grind with the poke masters' backrow.