Walking Cannon (Single)

Wave_Sine

[IMG]http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr237/Alex_Sushiama/Yugioh%20Cards/WalkingCannon-ArtilleryUnit.png[/IMG]
[spoiler='Lore'][i]3 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target one card on the field: Banish that target.[/i][/spoiler]

Comment, rate, OCG fixes...

I really only made this card because I had the art laying around (figuratively).
If anyone wants, I'll link the original art.

Making numbers is rather bad taste, considering they'll all be made at some point...

As for the card, I see no reason for the random burn, and no reason to use it over Disigma/Shock Ruler/Verz Ouroboros.

You should really remove the burn and maybe give it 150 more ATK or something... And make it not a Numbers, but that's just flavor.

Numbers was honestly because of the art, though I can change that (the name, not the art).

I have a tendency to 'balance' effects on cards I make by implementing self burn, which may or may not work well.

Would removing the burn and change to "target one card on the field" help balance it more? Or would those changes make it actually broken?

The burn is completely extra and should be removed, and banishing 1 card wouldn't break it. S/T usually don't mind being banished any more than being destroyed, and it's once per turn, so no trouble there.

It wouldn't really be used in the Current Metagame, but that's only because it doesn't cater to 2 material R4s, but it's absolutely amaing in casual.

And, yeah, I see that on the pic now, but eh...

And yeah, give it 100-150 more ATK.

[quote name='seattleite' timestamp='1330285211' post='5842323']
I like it. Balanced, flawless OCG (as far as I can tell), and still usable, although taking a total of 3000+ damage in the end can hurt.
[/quote]

3000+ burn damage? What effect are you reading? The card clearly states that you take burn damage equal to half of the Xyz ATK. So unless the ATK of this Xyz is at 6000+ for some reason, you're not going to take 3000+ burn damage.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1330285483' post='5842331']
3000+ burn damage? What effect are you reading? The card clearly states that you take burn damage equal to half of the Xyz ATK. So unless the ATK of this Xyz is at 6000+ for some reason, you're not going to take 3000+ burn damage.
[/quote]

For 3 materials, you take 3450 damage

[quote name='Relius Clover' timestamp='1330285638' post='5842342']
Except the version in the OP is terrible and the burn is senseless =/
[/quote]
[quote name='seattleite' timestamp='1330285211' post='5842323']
although taking a total of 3000+ damage in the end can hurt
[/quote]

we are in agreement =/

Archived