The Freak Set #'#FINISHED#'#

Womi

Continue this idea?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Continue this idea?

• Yes! Make more! I like them!
    • I dont care what you do!
    • No! This idea is crap! Stop your work!

Monochrome Freak:

Continuing the concept of adding Freak monsters from Deck to hand, Monochrome Freak is another of the simple but useful cards in the Freak Deck. If you plan to make a card which discards a Freak from hand or requires Freak tributes to activate its effect (which would fit well to the concept, I believe), this card could be effective. I give 8.5/10 for this one.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but notice that the image for Monochrome Freak . . . is of Monoko from Yume Nikki.

She looks like a normal girl normally, but turns to the form depicted on the card when you flash the stoplight at her.

I'm not too fond of when images are ripped from game and media characters as opposed to regular, original art works (even if the original art is not one's own) when one is trying to make a differentiated series (i.e., when one takes, for example, a picture of Aya Shameimaru of Touhou when trying to make a series of completely-unrelated Winged-Beast monsters, or something to that effect) . . .

. . . but the effects merit interest. 7/10.

A Freak's Spirit:

Seems like you took my advice about the "discard a "Freak" monster from hand" idea. As the true power of "Freak" monsters is shown while supported, it is a great addition. A minor correction: capitalize Card in "Spell and Trap Card".

Shocking Freak Face:

Considering that the "Freak" monsters are rather weak in ATK and DEF, this card is great for the deck. "Freak" monsters seem to go often to the Graveyard, so it's requirement to activate is easy enough to fulfill, without being too powerful.

For the two cards, I give 9/10, because of their good support effects.

I can't help but notice that the image for Monochrome Freak . . . is of Monoko from Yume Nikki.

She looks like a normal girl normally' date=' but turns to the form depicted on the card when you flash the stoplight at her.

I'm not too fond of when images are ripped from game and media characters as opposed to regular, original art works (even if the original art is not one's own) when one is trying to make a differentiated series (i.e., when one takes, for example, a picture of Aya Shameimaru of Touhou when trying to make a series of completely-unrelated Winged-Beast monsters, or something to that effect) . . .

. . . but the effects merit interest. 7/10.

[/quote']

I understand your problem, but occasionally, it's either 1. hard to find original pictures for your concepts you want to make 2. you find a picture of an existing character which just fits too well to the concept you want to make. (Also, it's interesting that you complained about the picture of Monochrome Freak, but not about The Freak Invasion (which shows Godzilla, Ultraman, and some other characters I don't notice - I thought at least Godzilla is more known than Monoko ^^')

My opinion is that as long as the picture is not an overused character's one and it fits well to the concept, it's not that much of a problem. :)

Killer Freak:

Considering the fact that the deck is supposed to be a swarming styled one, activating the effect if this monster is not that hard as it seems first. Similarly to Shocking Freak Face, this can be used to take care of the more powerful monsters your opponent have. If you find a way to Special Summon this one - which makes sense for a swarming deck - it can be useful. Oh, and Graveyard is supposed to be capitalized. In total, this card gets a score of 8/10 from me.

I like how it has "Originalty".

8/10

P.S. "The Freak Invasion" picture is Ultraman' date=' an popular anime at Japan. (Through it's for ages 3 to 8). I liked it till I was 7. Please do not make it an "Freak.

[/quote']

I know Ultraman as well as Godzilla, who you can find on this pic, too.

You know, I searched veeeeery long for a good Invasion-pic...and he only good I found is with Godzilla and Ultraman!

btw, "A Freak Appears" added!

A Freak Appears:

Just like the others, another simple effect which works well together with the other cards of the set. Seems like Freaks even can profit from situations when they are attacked. As most "Freak" monsters are Level 5 or lower, it can be used in various ways. Because of these reasons, 8.5/10 for that card.

Archived