Marilyn Manson High End of Low Review

ironmanben

A new MM album. Here's the review.

Devour-Hideously boring. The singing is too quiet, and even when the guitar gets louder and more distorted, too repetetive. Thank goodness it's only 5 minutes long. Worst song on the album.

2/10

Pretty as a ($)-I nteresting, and I'm surprised he's allowed to say ($) on record. Not as good as Leave a Scar, Arma-***...-geddon, but interesting, and different. It wouldn't be something I would listen to every day, though.

rating: 5.99/10

Leave a Scar-Overated. It's good, but not as good as you've heard it is, until now. Love the lyrics, but it's no better than Blank and White or We're From America. Background music isn't bad, but not as good as Blank and White. Probably my 3rd favorite song on the CD though.

rating: 6.28/10

Four Rusted Horses-It's not quite Manson-protest music, but it's a piece worthy of recognition. More of a bluesy ballad than a heavy metal anthem. It has it's own groove though.

5.66/10

Arma-godd*amn-mother****ing-geddon-A good song, but the meaning is obscured by the "foul language" which is ridiculously abundant to the point of stupidity, which also makes this stupid to listen to as a censored version. The guitar part isn't very great, either. The meaning is kinda cool once you figure it out though.

rating: 6/10

Blank and White-My second favorite song on the album. Not nearly as good as some previous Marilyn Manson anthems, but still nice to hear. It's a bit overshadowed by the singles, but it's probably the most classic-Manson sounding one on the whole CD.

rating: 7.76/10

Running to the End of the World-He's starting to sound like an 80's hair band playing a power ballad on this track. I mean, it's a great 80's power ballad thing, but it's not him. Plus more drum machines, which aren't good in 80's power ballads. It's not too bad though, actually.

rating-5.99/10

I Want To Kill You Like They Do In the Movies-Sounds sorta cool, but I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. It's 10 minutes long!

rating 6.1/10

WOW-Good lyrics and vocals, but horrible music. It sound like soft rock techno. Drum machine+metal=bad.

rating: 5/10

Wight Spider-Not a stand out piece. It starts out sort of cool, but quiets down. It is actually a little boring.

rating: 5.44/10

Unkillable Monster-A slower song on the CD. Not bad, but not the best slow song. Into the Fire and Running to the End of the World are much better.

4.4/10

We're From America-My favorite song, but I like it because it reflects my views on what America has become. The guitar part is not bad, but not outstanding, and it's definetly worth what you pay. More classic Manson. Blank and White is better in music, but this is cooler in meaning.

7.78/10

I Have To Look Up Just to See Hell-A weird cross between Techno, Metal, and Pop, it actually works well for Marilyn Manson.

6.79/10

Into the Fire-Really nice piano piece. Cool lyrics, but it gets boring if you're not into that stuff.

rating: 6/10

15-An otherwise great and very emotional piece, ruined only by the use of a drum machine, which makes it sound like soft rock.

rating: 5.5/10

Overall: 82.29/150

(8.229/15)

(1.6458/3)

This album was okay, with a few good tracks, but I'd rather listen to the Fight Song, Lunchbox, or Antichrist Superstar than any of these.

Archived