The World of Ragnarok

[align=center]Welcome to the world of Ragnarok.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia.

To make a long description short, in here, you hire and train your own characters, improve their skills, buy items, fight monsters, make friends (or enemies), and most importantly, fight other fellow characters.

You don't necessarily need to read everything to start playing; our friendly members can guide you through the world while you begin exploring. So don't fret.

[/align]

[spoiler=New Entrants into the World of Ragnarok:]

If you would like to enter the world of Ragnarok, fill out the form below for your first character. This character currently has no special benefits, but you will be the one to soon change that. You decide the fate of your character.

Each new player starts off with 100 Zeny. Every new hero costs 100 Zeny. If you would like to make a new character, simply go to the shops below, or pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok. You can only hire one character once per day. You can only have a maximum of nine characters.

The first character is hired free of charge. If you would like to exile (remove) a character, you must pray to the Goddess of Ragnarok with 500 Zeny on hand. Your character will be exiled permanantly, and 250 Zeny will be added to the depository.

[spoiler=Registration Form:]Name of Character: Make a name for your character here. You may not take the name of another character, regardless if it exists or is currently exiled. Also, the name cannot be similar in any way to those names, either.

Picture URL: Please provide the location of the picture you would like to use.

Note: You must use a character that is ficticious (not real). This is so that it follows the overall idea of a fantasy RPG world called Ragnarok.

Now, you must distribute exactly 300 stat points into the following six categories:

[align=center]STR

AGI

VIT

INT

DEX

LUK[/align]

If you do not know what these abbreviations mean, please refer to The Traveller's Guide to Ragnarok below.

The total MUST equal 300. You are free to leave an area empty, if you so wish to. I will complete the rest of the character's stats.

If you are new to the world of Ragnarok, I suggest you consult The Traveller's Guide to Ragnarok. It has everything you need to know. Yes, it may be somewhat difficult to understand, but after you have gotten familiar with it, it will not be so difficult.

The rest of the information you need to read and learn is in the second post, beneath this. It is crutial you go there after you fully understand everything here.

[spoiler=The Traveller's Guide to Ragnarok:]*You notice a lot of the pages are inside an unknown dialect. Luckily, there is a section in the back of the large volume containing sufficient information.*

Terminology

STR = Strength (Increases ATK)

AGI = Agility (Increases ASPD and FLEE)

VIT = Vitality (Increases DEF)

INT = Intelligence (Increases MATK and MDEF)

DEX = Dexterity (Increases ATK partially and HIT)

LUK = Luck (Increases ATK and FLEE partially and CRIT)

ATK = Attack

DEF = Defense

MATK = Magic Attack

MDEF = Magic Defense

HIT = % chance you will hit an enemy with a standard attack

FLEE = % chance you will be able to avoid a standard attack

ASPD = # of times you attack in one second with a standard attack (Attack Speed)

CRIT = % of standard attacks that are critical hits

Battles

1. You always attack with both a standard attack and a magic attack.

2. Magic is still a unknown concept to the world; you can only cast a magic attack once every two seconds.

3. Over experience, it has been proven that critical hits ignore the opponent's defense.

4. The Gods have endowed us with the ability to improve our attack speed even beyond normal. Your attack speed determines how many attacks you do in one second.

5. The higher your hit is, the greater the chance you have of your attacks not missing the enemy. If your enemy has high flee, it reduces your chance of hitting him or her.

6. You have 1,000 health. Be wary of it. If you do not rest after a battle, it may be your downfall.

7. If you would like to heal your health, you can rest for an entire day. Take heed though, if you rest for an entire day, you cannot take another action nor stop the rest midway for the full day (24 hours). Enemies can still fight you.

8. Certain items can only be used at certain times. If an item will be used during a battle, please pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok prior to battle. If you wish to use an item outside of a battle, simply state it.

9. Information about your allies and yourself are precious and valuable. Keep them to yourself. Do not display your stats to the public.

10. Everybody can see the battles taking place. Be prepared to change everything required to keep yourself a mystery.

11. Magic cannot ever be avoided, but if your mastery of magic is also high, you can protect yourself from it.

Aftermath of Battles

After each battle, the Gods or Goddesses of Ragnarok must reward you with a Zeny reward. Depending on the battle, you may receive more, or you may receive less. Also, if you are lucky enough, they may give you a bonus such as a battle blessing, an item, or maybe even a permanent stat boost.

If a character is killed as a result of battle, he or she cannot be used for two days. Characters cannot target other characters are currently dead. Nor can they attack the same person twice in a row.

[spoiler=Battles:]

Only battles monitored by Kousen, the God of War and the Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia are valid. If you would like to battle another character, simply say so.

You can ante (bet) anything you like in a battle, but you may not begin a battle on your own. Your opponent has the right to reject your invitation. You can also choose the time limit of the battle, and whether or not it is a one-on-one match. Your opponent must accept the terms of the battle.

If your opponent continues to reject your invitation to duel, you have a chance to Sneak Attack your opponent at the third rejection. If this occurs, the opponent will lose the first two seconds of the battle.

[align=center]You can only challenge the same person once every two hours.

The opponent, however, is free to request a challenge from you any time, as long as they also follow the two hour rule.[/align]

[spoiler=Inactive Characters:]If an opponent does not reply to your invitation to duel within six hours, it will be considered a rejection due to inactivity. If the same opponent does not reply to the next two invitations (six hour intervals by any person, you do not need to wait for the Goddess of Ragnarok to request one right after), the character who challenges the last will automatically defeat the opponent, and the prize given will be calculated depending on the length of time required to kill your opponent. Your opponent does not retaliate during an attack from inactivity. If, however, your opponent arrives and posts just before the battle commences, or comes to give a formal rejection to any invitation, this count is reset and void.

A character who wins a battle three times in a row (regardless if the opponent is killed), may not request for a one-on-one.

[spoiler=Team Battles:]How group/team/party battles (battles with more than two people) work:

It's real time, and you control your character. Everybody MUST be active and here in order for it to work. If not, Lunia will be forced to perform actions for the away player(s).

I post it in steps. Characters in a group can either attack, or defend another character against another attack. They choose who to attack or defend. If you choose to defend another character, you miss all of your attacks that second.

Single character teams cannot defend another player, obviously. You can choose who to attack, though.

[spoiler=Current Status:]

[align=center][spoiler=Guilds:]

The Zero Requiem

Guild Leader: Yondaime

Guild Members:

Legendary Jacob, Black Ace, Cloud Strife, Michael, Noctis Lucis Caelum, Xiaosho Mitaki Okayasu

The Eye of Mikhail

Guild Leader: Ayanami

Guild Members:

Sheena Fujibayashi, Haruhara Haruko, Beasto, Genesis

If you would like to create your own guild, please pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok with 500 Zeny available on hand (you are allowed to have the members contribute to the creation of the guild). Do not send her Points. You MUST have at least four other members willing to join at the same time, up to a maximum of eight members (including yourself).

List the members that you plan to include in your guild in the PM. Include your character's own name.

What are the benefits of a guild?

1. You are allowed to call upon your fellow guild members to assist you in a battle.

2. Your guild leader is allowed to allot a certain pay to each member of a guild.

3. If you are the guild leader and your guild is full, you get a bonus of 10 stat points you can distribute to any stats you like. Simply pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia.

If you would like to quit a guild, you must pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia. Make sure that you have been in the guild for at least two weeks, or else you will be ignored.

The guild leader is allowed to kick any member from the guild at any time, though. Simply pray (PM) to the Goddess of Ragnarok if you wish to do so. You must also provide a valid reason.

[spoiler=The War of Emperium:]Once per week, guilds can participate in the War of Emperium for a chance to take control of a castle of their own. If a castle is owned by another guild, you will be pitted against them. If not, you can take over the castle. When you take over a castle, you whole guild may not take another action for a full day (24 hours).

When the War of Emperium begins, it will be announced by the Goddess of Ragnarok.

As more castles are discovered in the vast lands of Ragnarok, they will be open for the taking.

Current Castles and their Occupants:

[spoiler=Nephilim (Vacant)]This castle has been rumoured to be dominated by ghosts and other apparitions. It doesn't look to have been inhabited for a long time. By a living thing, at least.

Payout: 30 Zeny/day to Guild Leader, 15 Zeny/day to Guild Members

Bonuses: All Shadow elemental members in the guild gain an additional 50% ATK and MATK against Neutral enemies. Ghost and Undead elements do not inflict any damage on Shadow elements.

[spoiler=Helios (Vacant)]This castle has the feel of purity and light. It radiates justice and just right from the top of each tower to the bottom of each wall.

Payout: 25 Zeny/day to Guild Leader, 13 Zeny/day to Guild Members

Bonuses: All Holy elemental members in the guild gain an additional 50% ATK and MATK against Shadow, Ghost, and Undead elements.

[spoiler=Athena (The Zero Requiem)]This castle appears to be quite normal and stable, and rests in the center of Irea. People pass each day and night seeing this spectacular monument, which appears to have its doors opened to the public for viewing.

Payout: 40 Zeny/day to Guild Leader, 18 Zeny/day to Guild Members

Bonuses: All guild members have a increase of 100 HP for each battle. (Not in effect until further notice)

[/align]

[spoiler=Players in the World of Ragnarok:]

[align=center]K stands for Kills, D stands for Deaths, W stands for Wins, and L stands for Losses.

The Wins and Losses include the Kills and Deaths.[/align]

[align=right]awesome66 - Zeny: 2060 - K: 3 D: 1 - W: 6 L: 3

Yondaime - Zeny: 900 - K: 1 D: 4 - W: 2 L: 5

Shonen Jump - Zeny: 370 - K: 1 D: 0 - W: 1 L: 1

koramore - Zeny: 355 - K: 0 D: 1 - W: 0 L: 2

Lionheart - Zeny: 30 - K: 2 D: 2 - W: 2 L: 2

bobo144 - Zeny: 260 - K: 0 D: 1 - W: 1 L: 2

Shradow - Zeny: 79 - K: 6 D: 8 - W: 5 L: 11

X-31 Fighter - Zeny: 430 - K: 10 D: 3 - W: 12 L: 1

Nazello - Zeny: 30 - K: 1 D: 2 - W: 1 L: 2

Legend Zero - Zeny: 395 - K: 0 D: 1 - W: 1 L: 2

Sheena Fujibayashi - Zeny: 410 - K: 4 D: 0 - W: 5 L: 0

Yuri Lowell - Zeny: 68 - K: 1 D: 1 - W: 2 L: 2

moldfire - Zeny: 47 - K: 0 D: 2 - W: 2 L: 2

Phantom Roxas - Zeny: 100 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 1

El Beasto Perezoso - Zeny: 650 - K: 0 D: 1 - W: 0 L: 1

Death Dealer - Zeny: 80 - K: 0 D: 1 - W: 2 L: 1

Fanmie - Zeny: 0 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 1

Makotushin - Zeny: 20 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 0

lightswornsrock - Zeny: 100 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 0

kyuibi - Zeny: 100 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 0

shadow-zero - Zeny: 100 - K: 0 D: 0 - W: 0 L: 0[/align]

[align=center]Exiled Characters:

gil2m (Gil2m, Earth), rfg2 (Shao Long, Tribe King), Yondaime (Cloud), .:King of the Mountain:. (Blaze), YugiohPro (Chyerignyoza Ghurqeu), Prince Wing (Prince Wolf Wing), LordDCM (Destiny Hope), Makotushin (Leon), shadow mir (Vincent Dainthertz), KWLegend (Zeke Tranis), ~~HUNTER STEEL~~ (~~HUNTER STEEL~~, Faize Sheifa),

The combined Zeny of all fully exiled players and Zeny earned from standard exiles will be placed into a depository.

The Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia may use the depository for anything she wishes to, whether she wishes to give them all away, or to create an event.

Depository: 1040 Zeny[/align]

[spoiler=Top 12 Players in Ragnarok:]

To be implemented soon.

[align=center][spoiler=To be implemented:]Monster battles, stat boosters, skills, world effects, weather (maybe), random events, cards (in cards), items.

[spoiler=For those wondering:]The world of Ragnarok is updated in real-time, and battles take place in real-time also. I use a calculator I personally created for this purpose, to aid me.

[/align]

[align=center]Global Alert!

One boss monster has been spotted inside the city of Mono. If anybody would like to take up the task of eliminating this monster, the bounty is 1,500 Zeny, plus 20 stat points that you can distribute to the character which killed that monster.

Be warned, the monster has been reported to be extremely dangerous. I suggest that fighters go with several other companions or characters in order to take on this threat. The total bounty will be spread between the amount of members in the party.[/align]

[align=center][spoiler=Various Banners]Simply take your pick, and paste it into a thread, siggy, PM, or wherever. Thanks ^^.

WorldOfRagnarokBanner.png

[center][url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-135478.html][img=http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/Basic-Thuganomics/Requests/WorldOfRagnarokBanner.png][/url][/center]
[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-135478.html][img=http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/Basic-Thuganomics/Requests/WorldOfRagnarokBanner.png]

1zgeyy9.jpg

[center][url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-135478.html][img=http://i30.tinypic.com/1zgeyy9.jpg][/url][/center]
[url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-135478.html][img=http://i30.tinypic.com/1zgeyy9.jpg]

[/align]

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center][spoiler=World Map]WorldMap.png

[spoiler=Exploration:]

Over experience, travellers from all over the world of Ragnarok have compiled a short list of indispensible rules behind exploration. They are quite simple to understand, and have been released to the general public hoping to introduce more travellers into exploring Ragnarok.

All characters begin in the town of Irea.

1. A character can only make a movement once after every two posts in between.

2. A character cannot cross water without the use of items.

3. A character cannot battle another character that is not in the same area. (Temporarily withheld until further notice).

4. Caravans will automatically bring a selected character to the destination they wish to go. There will be no detours, and you cannot stop halfway. (Caravans have been disabled until further notice.)

5. A character cannot move diagonally.

[spoiler=Caravans:]

What is a caravan? It's basically a quicker method to travel. You pay a small fee to get to the place you wish to travel to. And no, they are not round trips. If you place your character onto a caravan, nobody can initiate a battle with that character. That character cannot get off the caravan during the trip for safety reasons.

If one character hops on a caravan, all other characters have exactly one more hour before it leaves. When a caravan leaves, another character cannot take the caravan. Also, the caravan owners are not open until the Goddess of Ragnarok, Lunia, is awake, so you have all the ability to reserve a spot during the time she is asleep. Luckily, caravans don't leave their post until at least one character gets onto the caravan.

Currently, we have the following caravans available for trips:

Irea > Nemesis: 10 hours; 30 Zeny

Irea > Rionne: 15 hours; 60 Zeny

Irea > Golem: 28 hours; 100 Zeny

Nova > Rionne: 24 hours; 60 Zeny

Nemesis > Maria: 16 hours; 60 Zeny

Maria > Ruins: 15 hours; 30 Zeny[/align]

[align=center]You can only purchase items for a character, if that character is currently in the same town or city as the shop. You cannot use items on another character if that character has not bought anything.

Places inside Irea

[spoiler=Character Creation:]

Characters, which must be bought with Zeny that you earn inside the World of Ragnarok must be purchased via the form below. If it is not filled out properly, I will NOT create the character.

Each person may hire one character max per day.

[spoiler=Disclaimer:]If these cards are ripped, copied, stolen, or anything that's against the rules, I will report you. I am the first person here to discover and make them, so I KNOW if you have done anything like that. You have no excuse. I personally took the time to design the template. You have been warned. Also, if there is any sort of adaption based off the idea or concept of these cards, it will go under the category of copying, and I will still report you.

[spoiler=Hiring Form:]Name of Character: Make a name for your character here. You may not take the name of another character, regardless if it exists or is currently exiled. Also, the name cannot be similar in any way to those names, either.

Picture URL: Please provide the location of the picture you would like to use.

Note: You must use a character that is ficticious (not real). This is so that it follows the overall idea of a fantasy RPG world called Ragnarok.

Now, you must distribute exactly 300 stat points into the following six categories:

STR = Strength (Increases ATK)

AGI = Agility (Increases ASPD and FLEE)

VIT = Vitality (Increases DEF)

INT = Intelligence (Increases MATK and MDEF)

DEX = Dexterity (Increases ATK partially and HIT)

LUK = Luck (Increases ATK and FLEE partially and CRIT)

The total MUST equal 300. You are free to leave an area empty, if you so wish to. I will complete the rest of the character's stats.

[spoiler=Alexandria's Food and Herbal Shoppe]

Welcome to my shop! I sell food you would usually eat on a daily basis, and herbs. Food can't be eaten during fights, but herbs can, so that might assist you in battles! Unfortunately, my stock is limited, so you can't buy in bulk. I hope you find what you need! Oh, and just to let you know, when using herbs inside a battle, you can only use two per second.

AlexandriasFoodandHerbalShoppe.png

[spoiler=Item Descriptions:]

RedHerb.pngMilk.png

Apple.pngCookedSteak.png

AloeLeaflet.pngWhiteHerb.png

Honey.pngPotato.png

HinalleLeaflet.pngHardCandy.png

Places inside Ignius

[spoiler=Roy's Exotic Greenhouse]

Oh. Well hello there. Welcome to my greenhouse. Here, I make a living taking care of exotic flies and butterflies. They're not hostile at all. They're quite safe and harmless. Sadly, life is life, and as time flies, haha, pun intended, but anyways, as time flies, they pass on just as we do. And when they do, their wings become magical and blessed with the power to fly. I really don't know how they work, but they just do.

Oh, and since your an adventurer, you may be interested in my concentration potions also. They give you an extra standard attack per battle. I personally use them to raise my exotic flies and butterflies, but they work for humans as well. You may find them useful.

RoysExoticGreenhouse.png

[spoiler=Item Descriptions:]

FlyWing.pngButterflyWing.png

ConcentrationPotion.png

Places inside Maria

[spoiler=The Church of Rina]

Welcome traveller. May the Goddess of Lunia be with you.

For the small donation of 100 Zeny, we will bless you with the power of the goddess. It can be used only once, for one battle.

[/align]

[align=center]First Occupations in the World of Ragnarok

First, you must decide what job you are willing to take, permanantly. This character must embark on a very treacherous journey to the town or city which is related to the chosen job, and find out details about it there.

The jobs you can choose from for now are of the following:

Warrior, Archer, Merchant, Magician, Acolyte, Thief, Martial Artist, Ninja, and Gunslinger.

Yes, there are quite a few, so you need to choose wisely. It takes time to become the job you ask for, so you must be committed.[/align]

[spoiler=Warrior:] Becoming a warrior is a great choice for those both new and experienced. You will be trained in the combative arts, and will be awarded when the training has been completed.

To become a warrior, you must visit the small island called Ignius just off the coast of Irea and consult with the leader of the United Warriors of Ragnarok, who will give you further instructions.

[spoiler=Archer:] Becoming an archer yields great benefits such as the ability to be the first attacker in a battle. They act as excellent backup for guilds and the such, and are essential to the world of Ragnarok.

To become an archer, you must take a long and tireless journey to the hidden village in the woods, Rionne, in the south-west island of Ragnarok. You must then consult the commander of the First Legionnaire, who will give you further instructions.

[spoiler=Merchant:] A merchant exists for an obvious reason. They are here to help the other fighters of Ragnarok succeed in further battles. A merchant will have greatly reduced costs in shops, exploration, and other services.

To become a merchant, you must embark on a journey to Satsune, located on the coast on the south-west island of Ragnarok. Once you have arrived, simply speak to the Merchant's Association of Ragnarok to begin your job.

[spoiler=Magician/Acolyte:] Magicians use magical powers that people still have not unlocked the full truth to. They are here to discover the most powerful magicks, in order to ensure the peace of Ragnarok.

Acolytes also use magical powers that ensure the peace of Ragnarok, but they are of a more supportive nature. They assist their comrades on the battlefield, providing healing support and enhancing their powers.

To become either a magician or an acolyte, you must visit the city of Nova, simply east of Irea. Inside, you will need to visit either the Grand Magician's Circle, or the Fifth Assist Legion. You will be briefed on further information then.

[spoiler=Thief:] Being a thief is a very secretive and complicated procedure. Nobody knows for sure why thieves are who they are, other than the fact that they are common pickpockets.

To become a thief, you must travel into the desert south of Irea, locating the town of Nemesis. Since nobody knows for certain where the thieves hide, you must then ask for further directions. Even I, the Goddess of Ragnarok, am not sure where the thieves are hiding inside Nemesis.

[spoiler=Martial Artist:] A martial artist learns the different arts of battle, without the use of weaponry. They are used to just using their body to battle, and are skilled enough to be able to even avoid magic.

To become a martial artist, you must visit the town of Musou, which has been unfortunately blocked off by a large invasion of monsters. To ensure safety, you must go around via the desert near Nemesis. When you have arrived, you must pay a visit to the owner of the central dojo, and ask for further guidance in the world of martial arts.

[spoiler=Ninja:] There is no information yet known about these silent ninjas, other than the fact that their attacks are swift and deadly. There is, however, one person in the world of Ragnarok who knows the whereabouts of their leader.

To become a ninja, you must figure out where they lie first. The person who knows the whereabouts of their leader is located inside the old ruins, east of Nova. Unfortunately, in order to access the sacred old ruins you need to get special privileges from the land owner inside Maria.

[spoiler=Gunslinger:] With the new discovery of gunpowder comes the discovery of enhanced ranged weaponry. Gunslingers wield stronger ranged weapons, and are more resistant against other ranged attacks.

To become a gunslinger, you must visit the city of Hyperion, after you have gotten the required gunpowder from the island off the coast of Musou. In order to access the island, you must ask for assistance from the grand warlocks inside the city of Nova. They will teleport you there.

Welcome blaze

and yeah thats true someone probably has the name Cloud Strife now and Yondaime is much cooler, nyhows I tried to help Nii-Chan with the game via msn ;D

besides I see they are pretty straight forward now

You choose to attack with standered or Magic attack within a time 5 10 20 seconds limit Nii-Chan observes the match works out damage cauculation on her own cauculator that she made winner with least life points (out of 1000) wins.

Archived