Obelisk the Tormentor ORIGINAL FULL EFFECT VERSION

archie17

ObeliskFull3.jpgObelisktheTormentor.jpg

You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon or Set this card. When this card is Special Summoned, it

is returned to its controller's Graveyard at the End Phase of the turn. If this card is Special Summoned in

Defense Position when your opponent has attacked with a monster, you can switch the attack target to this

card. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be destroyed by card effects, returned to the controller's

hand/ Deck or removed from play, its control cannot be switched, it cannot be equipped with Equip Cards, and

the effects of Spells, Traps, and other Monsters can only affect it until the End Phase of the turn. When this

card attacks, it cannot be negated by Trap Cards. You can Tribute 2 monsters you control (excluding this

monster) to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. If any of the destroyed monsters were in face-up

Attack Position, reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0; this effect can be activated when your opponent has

1 or more monsters on his/her side of the field during either player's turn. In addition this effect cannot be

negated except if your opponent's monster(s) is removed from the field by the effects of "De-Fusion".

I know this is a remade God Card.

But it is a remade God Card the way it suspose to be, in which it list its full effects.

Unfortunately this card has such a long lore, it really was very hard to squeeze all this in and still be somewhat readable.

For those that can't not read it here's the original full effects of Obelisk:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon or Set this card.

This is obvious and well known for all God Cards.

When this card is Special Summoned, it is returned to its controller's Graveyard at the End Phase of the turn.

Everyone should know God Cards can only last for 1 turn when revived from the Graveyard.

If this card is Special Summoned in Defense Position when your opponent has attacked with a monster, you can switch the attack target to this card.

Some people might not be aware of this abilitiy. But its been done before when Yugi summoned Slifer to shield Obelisk.

While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be destroyed by card effects, returned to the controller's hand/Deck or removed from play, its control cannot be switched, it cannot be equipped with Equip Cards,

This covers cards that specifically target Obelisk.

and the effects of Spells, Traps, and other Monsters can only affect it until the End Phase of the turn.

This part covers card that indirectly target Obelisk.

When this card attacks, it cannot be negated by Trap Cards.

Basically Mirror Force will not work against this card as seen on tv.

You can Tribute 2 monsters you control (excluding this monster) to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. If any of the destroyed monsters were in face-up Attack Position, reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0; this effect can be activated when your opponent has 1 or more monsters on his/her side of the field during either player's turn.

This is Obelisk's main Special Ability of conducting in INFINITE ATTACK.

NOTE: If all your opponent's monsters are in Defense Position, you will not win the duel but you will atleast destroy all your opponent's monsters.

In addition this effect cannot be negated except if your opponent's monster(s) is removed from the field by the effects of "De-Fusion".

This states that Obelisk's main Special Ability cannot be avoided unless your opponent happens to have only a Fusion Monster on the field and De-fusion in his hand to defuse his monster to avoid the attack as seen by Marik on tv.

I don't know if you can post this card here. But if this is not locked tomorrow when I wake up' date=' I'll help you with the OCG. It's terrible.

[/quote']

Maybe this should be in Other Cards, but this is as OCG is your going to get it when stating the full effects of Obelisk.

It overshadows the nerfed legal version.

And you cannot fit this much lore using the Card Maker. It will look like dots.

A playable Obelisk does not have a blue template.

I know this already.

"You can Tribute 2 monsters you control (excluding this monster) to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. If any of the destroyed monsters were in face-up Attack Position, reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0; this effect can be activated when your opponent has 1 or more monsters on his/her side of the field during either player's turn."

That actually isn't true, it's supposed to be you can tribute 2 monsters you control excluding this monster to destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field and inflict 4000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points (if you don't believe me, just watch ygo episode 131, Kaiba said that clearly)

Actually I have to revise that to this:

"You can Tribute 2 monsters you control (excluding this monster) to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. If any of the destroyed monsters were in face-up Attack Position, reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0; this effect can be activated during either player's turn only when your opponent has 1 or more monsters on his/her side of the field."

Its widely been either 4000 or INFINITY concerning this effect. I always regarded it to INFINITY instead of 4000 since, the INFINITY effect version was shown more than once and the 4000 thingy was only mentioned once. This effect is one of the most confusing ones among the God Cards because your not sure which one is the correct version.

yeah when I read in the anime fanfics they said you tribute 2 monsters' date=' Obelisk then destroys all your opponent's monsters, deals the 4000 damage to your opponent, but then if you use that effect Obelisk can't attack that turn

Maybe that would be the most balanced?

[/quote']

I'm not trying to balance this but list the FULL power of the God Cards. They are obviously over powered. I omitted the 4000 because that amount was supposed to win you the duel because you only start with 4000 in the anime. But at the same time they show Obelisk can gernerate an Infinite attack using the same effect. I didn't regard the 4000 since the effect wouldn't win you the duel, like the INFINITY amount would, and I think that was the true point of the effect.

well you can try the same with Ra as well later then

the point to point transfer effect some people say you can only do it when Ra is special summoned' date=' others insist it can be done while it's Tribute Summoned as well (and don't use GX 84 ep as a reference, that was not the REAL Ra)

[/quote']

true

Archived