Re-imagined Egyptian Gods (not the official ones)

ggctuk

I'll understand perfectly if this thread is moved.

This is NOT a translation thread. I am not translating the new, legal God cards here. These are my own interpretations made some time ago. I must warn you that I do reuse quite a few of the effects of the original God Cards, however, I have scaled them down a little.

Okay, some time ago, for a fanfic I wrote, I created three new versions of the Egyptian God cards. Recently, what with the legal versions, I decided to revise them (with the addition of some new things).

slifer-3.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Tribute Summoned by offering 3 monsters as a Tribute. If this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard at the end of your turn. The ATK and DEF of this card is the number of cards in your hand x 1000. When your opponent Summons a monster, reduce its ATK by 2000. If that monster's ATK becomes 0, destroy it.

obelisk-1.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Tribute Summoned by offering 3 monsters as a Tribute. If this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard at the end of your turn. Once per turn, you may offer two monsters as Tributes to destroy all of your opponent's monsters, and inflict the ATK of this card as Battle Damage to your opponent. During that turn, this card cannot attack.

Ra-1.jpg

Effect: This card can only be Tribute Summoned by offering 3 monsters as a Tribute. The ATK and DEF of this card is the sum of the Tributed monsters' ATK and DEF. If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, destroy all of your opponent's monsters and inflict half their combined ATK as Battle Damage to your opponent, then send this card to the Graveyard.

I still have the old ones saved if you want a comparison. I will probably rewrite the effects of Slifer and Obelisk at some stage. I won't change Ra in light of the recent legal version.

Review time!

Obviously, these are the Egyptian Gods. The tendency to make 'em OPed is understandable.

Thta being said, they are OPed.

And OCG needs work.

Some minor things: -"Obelisk, God of War" should be in quotes in a card description, but since the name's in its own card description, it should just say "this card."

- three should be 3.

- the type should not be in all caps.

- instead of returned to the Graveyard, it should be sent to the Graveyard.

- instead of sum of the cards, it should be number of cards

Just some minor things. I'm lazy today and there might be some more minor things but that's about it.

6.5/10

balance 'em out some and fix OCG and they will be lookin so much better

@ L_Lawliet083:Well, I didn't want the card lores to be tiny, especially on Ra (I tried copying the video game effect for Ra and I needed a magnifying glass to read it). As I said, they're re-imagined, and as I meant to say, they were scaled down a little. There will be a support card to give them immunity, though, and some other effects.

@ bluefire1179: Thanks for the review. This is the sort of thing I look for. By comparison, they're not quite as overpowered as their anime/manga counterparts, and I have also removed their ability to resist spell/trap/magic effects on their own.

Sooo, these cards are pretty much the same as the regular god cards? Especially Obelisk and Slifer, since you only added the no attacking part to Obelisk, and didn't do anything about Slifers effect.

You know what, I'm not going to waste my time here. Oh, and before I leave, Obelisk cannot inflict battle damage when it cannot attack.

Once per turn, you can Tribute 2 monsters to destroy all of your opponent's monsters, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of this card.

could you send me the image of slifer?? :D

This is the one I used: http://wargeryx.jeeran.com/SliferTheSkyDragon.jpg

It's got no background mind' date=' but I chose it because it reminded me of the manga version of the card.

i like them i came here to laugh at how stupid they would be

but i was DEAD WRONG these are actuality good u did a raelly great job

EDIT: here's the first support card. Divine Unity is a double-edged sword. The original one I made a long time ago had the Gods attack directly, but then I realised that this wasn't the way to go and would not be very sporting. So I cnahnged the effect.

divineunity-1.jpg

Lore: You may activate this card only if there is a face-up "The Sun Dragon Ra", "Obelisk, God of War" or "Slifer, Sky Dragon of Osiris". Halve the ATK of all Monsters listed above (regardless of whether they are played before or after this card is activated). Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's field. Your opponent cannot target any Monsters named above with the effects of Spells, Traps or Monster Effects which designate a target. When this card is destroyed, remove it from play.

Archived