Book Recommendation Thread.

Death Bishop

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Name of book: And Then There Were None (Also published as Ten Little Indians/Ten Little Sailor boys)

Author:Agatha Christie

Genre: Mystery

This book is friggin amazing! It's one of my favorite mystery books of all time and the ending blew me away it was so amazing.

Name of Book: Watership Down

Author:Richard Adams

Genre:umm Fiction, Adventure, Is talking animals a genre?

this is also a really good book, it's about British rabbits! And it's defiantly no kids story! It caught my attention at the first chapter and I couldn't put it down.

• 4 weeks later...

I got an awesome trilodgy that I have read!

Name of book:The Final Empire

Author:Brandon Sanderson

Category:Fantasy

Name of book:The Well Of Ascension

Name of book:The Hero Of Ages

The books are otherwise known as "Mistborn book one" "mistborn book two" and "Mistborn book three" I've read all 3 books and now I'm reading them again. Currently on "Mistborn book two-The well of ascension" again.

• 3 weeks later...

Name of book: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind

Author: Orson Scott Card

Category: Sci-Fi

An incredibly epic series of Science Fiction, and a must-read for everyone.

The first book, Ender's Game, is about a child named Ender, who, at the age of 6, volunteers to train in space to prepare for war against the "Buggers". This book won both the Hugo and Nebula awards.

Speaker for the Dead is the second book, with Ender, now known simply as the "Speaker for the Dead", in his 30's, about 3,000 years after the war with the Buggers. This book takes him to a colony world called Lusitania, where he is called to speak the deaths of the planet's xenologers and a family's dead father. To tell the truth at the speaking, however, he must find out everything about what has happened in the past.

I'd talk about the other 2 books, Xenocide and Children of the Mind, but I'd be spoiling the story.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Name of book: Not 'one book', an entire AUTHOR.

Author: David Eddings

Category: Fantasy

Notes: This is one of the greatest fantasy writers of our parent's generation. But because they went out of print in '95, although I found some '03 editions, they are hard to find. However, you can find them on Ebay for around 5 pounds each, or look in a book swap store.

• 2 weeks later...

Name of book: Birth of a Killer/ Saga of Larten Crepsly

Author: Darren Shan

Category: Thriller

Name of book: The Northern Lights/ His Dark Materials

Author: Phillip Pullman

Category: Sci-fi

Name of book: The Stuff of Nightmares

Author: Malorie Blackman

Category: Horror, Some realistic fiction, some less realistic.

• 3 weeks later...

Name of book: Department 19

Author: Will Hill

Genre: Supernatural, Thriller

It comes out at the end of March. I was asked to proof read it by my school. If you like vampires and guns, read it. And so you know,

[spoiler=SPOILER]There is only one good vampire who is named, and it's a girl. There are several who are neutral but there are hundreds of evil ones and none of them sparkle in sunlight

so it is nothing like Twilight. However [spoiler=SPOILER]there are werewolves, but they are all bad, and the good vampire is in love with the main character but all they do is kiss once or twice.

• 4 weeks later...

Name of Book: FableHaven

Author: Brandon Mull

Genre: Fantasy

Info on Book: It a series where a brother and a sister go to their grandparents, who are the caretakers of a magical preserve called FableHaven. So they go through saving the perserve and all that is magical from an evil organization. It's a great series for all ages.

• 2 months later...

Name of book: The Marbury Lens

Author: Andrew Smith

Category (Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Mystery etc.): Sci-Fi

I swear this book is amazing! Its kinda trippy but it's phenominal! Wonderful for those who like a Sci-fi thats Psychological than anything. It's more like a Realistic Sci-Fi, not like outer space stuff. Its close to home material. Great Book.

I would like to recommend 3 books

[spoiler=1] Name: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (The Alchemest, The Magician, The Sorceress, The Necromancer, and The Warlock.)

Author:Michael Scott

Catagory: Fantasy

[spoiler=2] Name: The 39 Clues. Author: The books use diffrent authors for each book. So far, I have read the ones by Rick Riordan and Gordan Korman. Catagory: Adventure.

[spoiler=3] Name: Warriors ( 4 diffrent seires, the first one, The New Prophecy, Power of Three, and Omen of the Stars.) Author: Erin Hunter. Catagory: Fantasy

Oh, dang forgot one.

Name: A Series of Unfortunate Events. (13 books in total)

Author: Lemony Snicket

Catagory: Fantasy/Tragedy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived