• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Book Title: The Five People you meet in Heaven

Author: Mitch Albom

Genre: Religious Fiction

I would definitely recommend this novel to both serious and casual readers, mostly because it is written in a rather colloquial /informal language (at least in my opinion, but is rather open for interpretation, and it is one of the only novels I really loved reading during my 10th Grade English Class.

• 10 months later...

Book Title: Death Mask

Author: J. F. Klyne

Genre: Mystery-Thriller

I would advise it is for a more mature audience due to the level of violence, though there is now swearing.  It is a nice read and the chapters are relatively short.  The story is compelling that doesn't make you want to put the book down.  It is only available online, as far as I could find.

• 1 year later...

Name of book: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Author: Robert C. O'Brien
Category: Fantasy/Adventure

Can it be a children's book? I still like reading them.

Name of book: The Last Unicorn

Author: Peter S. Beagle
Category: Fantasy/Adventure

This one for sure is amazing. I've always loved this book.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Title: Between Shades of Gray
Author: Ruta Sepetys
Genre: Historical Novel
Synopsis:
In 1941, fifteen-year-old Lina is taken from her home in Lithuania by the Soviet military, along with her mother and brother. Thrown onto cattle cars with many other Lithuanians, her life changes overnight. While her train travels farther and farther away from home, she worries about the fate of her father, whom she glimpses on a separate train. Slowly, she and her traveling companions cover 6,500 miles packed tightly together, traveling north to Siberia and crossing the Arctic Circle. Lina never could have imagined that things could get worse, but when they finally arrive at their destination--a labor camp--that is exactly what happens. Forced to work in unthinkably cruel conditions for a single piece of bread each day, Lina fights with the others to survive, and finds an outlet for pain in her drawing. Lina is determined to make it out alive, no matter what how hard that may be.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Book: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard; The Sword Of Summer

Author: Rick Riordan

Category: Fiction

So if you have read Rick Riordan's books before, you may know that he like to write about mythology (so far he has covered greek, roman, and egyptian). he just came out with a new series which is basically about the viking gods! I loved this book and highly reccomend it.

• 7 months later...

Name of books: Broken Empire Trilogy (The Prince of Thorns, The King of Thorns, The Emperor of Thorns)
Author: Mark Lawrence
Category: Fantasy, Action, Thriller

After the first chapter you'll be hooked

Based in a "Medieval Age", focussed on a young prince named Jorg Ancrath, heir to the kingdom of Ancrath. (Not giving any spoilers at all, you'll have to read them for that)

Has unexpected twists, good character development, mature content, great action scenes, and an amazing story to fall into. If you like the Dark Souls video games you will like these books.

(For some reason, my brother and a few others have complained about the "texan" accent that some characters seem to have, unsure what they are even talking about xD

Honestly really well made books for more mature readers, no teenage romance lovey dovey crap.

He is currently writing another series of books based in the same universe but about one of the antagonists I believe

Name of book: The Will to Keep Winning
Author: Daigo "The Beast" Umehara
Category (Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Mystery etc.): Biography

I'd be surprised if anyone on this forum didn't know Daigo or the Evo Moment #37. Go read this book and find out about Lord Umehara!

"I’m a professional fighting gamer. I was first crowned World Champion at seventeen in 1998, and I was recognized as “the most successful player in major tournaments of Street Fighter” by Guinness World Records in August 2010.
This is my chance to tell you how I became World Champion and share insights as only a multiple time World Champion can. What does it take to win? Why do so many eventually lose their edge? Let me share with you the professional skills necessary to become World Champion and keep winning. These skills will certainly help you to advance, in both the world of eSports and beyond."—Daigo "The Beast" Umehara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived