8-Man After (You can find a riff of it on youtube) - Sci-fi not interested

Gundam 0080 - maybe

Blue Gender - saw it

Starship Troopers (an anime does exist) - not interested

Amon: The Apocalypse of Devilman - this one is horror

MD Geist - not interesting

Tank Police - not interested

EDIT: Megazone 23 - never gonna watch

Wow your taste in Mecha is really limited. and when i say mecha i mean Super Robots aka gundam, Mazinger, Linebarrles, Voltes V

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow your taste in Mecha is really limited. and when i say mecha i mean Super Robots aka gundam, Mazinger, Linebarrles, Voltes V

@Bolded #1: I don't like super robot anime.

@Bolded #2: Outside of G Gundam, Gundam is real robot like Votoms, Robotech, and Ideon, not super robot.

I forgot to add...

Salamander. It's a 3-episode OVA adaption of Gradius, Life Force, and Gradius 2.

Ronin Warriors.

I recommend Casshern Sins, this is one of my favorites I own it on blu-ray.

Its about Casshern who wanders a world dying of ruin but he himself is immortal so on his journey you see how people face death and inevitability and as this goes on he tries to discover why he is cursed with eternal life. There are major plot points but I can't say much more without giving something away. I truly recommend this to any avid anime fan.

The second anime I suggest is Ef, both Tale of Memories and Tale of Melodies (memories comes first)

This is romance at heart but the heavy psychological and suspense-fulness makes this on a godly level of anything else on the genre, i am a guy I love action, blood, pride, all of that but I cryed in joy and sadness through most of this anime. I was literally sitting up at 3 o'clock in the morning unable to close me laptop from watching this. At the end of every episode you feel mind blown especcially I believe episode 5 and 7 of memories. This I would probably recommend above Casshern Sins to the right person.

Lastly, i recommend D. Gray Man (manga)

I say manga simply to avoid filler as a fan of 12-25 episode animes I can not stand filler. D. Gray Man starts out simple with 1 plot ventures at first but as the story progresses the complexions in the mechanics of the story unfold and leave a very unique result. You notice as the more you read the harder it gets to define good and evil, your side and the opponent and how those two don't allows blend. Its this reality of that things are not as they seem with the raw action that give this anime my approval.

• 4 weeks later...

these is my Reccomendation see them any time

Action----------------------------

Code Geass R1+2

Ikkitousen 1~4

Plawres Sanshirou *80's anime but great*

Soul Eater

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Zoids Shin Seiki/Zero

NeedLess

Fate/Stay Night

D.Gray-man

Afro Samurai Resurrection

Gun x Sword

Claymore

Adventure----------------------------

one pice

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Kino no Tabi: the Beautiful World *my fav anime of all th time*

Casshern Sins

Spice and Wolf 1+2

Hunter X Hunter

Martian Successor NADESICO

Ponyo

Crest of the Stars [4Animes]

Comedy----------------------------

Nyan Koi!

school rumbil

Ranma 1/2

Hyakko

Gintama

Hayate no Gotoku! {COL}

Drama----------------------------

Clannad

Kamisama Kazoku

Kanon 2006

Baccano

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Fantasy----------------------------

Zero no Tsukaima 1-3

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao

Mystery ----------------------------

Lupin III

Conan

Romance----------------------------

Rec

Ah! My Goddess

Toradora

The Ocean Waves

Hatsukoi Limited

SchoolGirl----------------------------

K-On!

Haruhi 1+2+Film

Kannagi

Oh i forgat

yu-gi-oh

King of anime

• 2 weeks later...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brushfire

Based on this, someone please try and suggest to me an anime I will find emotional gripping and extremely difficult to stop watching from the start. Please?

I know this is an old post, but try FMA Brotherhood. It is extremely gripping. As an added bonus, it is very well animated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recommendation: Hanasaku Iroha.

If I had to guess its type, I'd say Comedy and Drama, with a little (very little) of School Life.

Ohana Matsumae' date=' a 16 year old girl living in a big and crowded city. She is used to it but still feels disappointment towards her life style. One day, her irresponsible mother suddenly makes plans to go away with her (current) boyfriend without the intention of taking Ohana with her. The reason is to avoid said boyfriend's huge debts. Ohana now is forced to go live with her grandmother, who is a total stranger. Ohana's grandmother happens to be the owner of an old-styled inn as well as a very strict woman who claims to have long disowned Ohana's mother, and therefore doesn't recognize Ohana as part of her family but rather the new worker at the inn. Ohana's cheerful attitude and high energy helps her survive those first days in her new life. Despite having come to love her new life, she still has lingering feelings back in the city; like the love confession of her best friend Ko, which she can't bring herself to properly respond to, or her relationship with her mother.

[/quote']

EDIT:

I might have added some unnecessary things to the writing since its my first time writing a plot >.<"

If so, sorry in advance...

Or something like that... any more resuming and I'd be just narrating what happened so far in the anime.

Not only is this a recommendation but I'd also like to ask for an anime along these lines for me to watch. I tried a couple more recent animes and most of the other options are either random, uninteresting, or have too much fan-service.

• 2 months later...

Five manga I've started to reading. They run the gamut from dramatic shojo to ecchi shonen, so be warned.

Let’s Lagoon - Two kids wake up on a desert island. Sounds boring, but things start to get... interesting. Recommended for fans of "Lost."
Torikagosho no Kyo mo Nemutai Junintachi - Shojo, and I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it has a fairly unique plot judging by the summaries.
Triage X - By the same artist of "Highschool of the Dead," so expect big tits everywhere. Outside of that, it's an entertaining, if not too deep, manga about a teenage assassin.
Monokuro Kitan - Gothic inspired, has a vague "Persona" series feel from what I've read so far.
Rust Blaster - Shojo demographic, once again. Vampire academy, but not sparkly ones. Only 6 chapters, so good for a quick read.

Fortune Arterial.
[center][center][i]Kohei Hasekura is a sophomore who transfers into a prestigious public school in the style of an English six-year school encompassing junior-high and high school students. The school, named Shuchikan Academy, is on an island named Tamatsu Island off-shore from mainland Japan, and the only way to get there is by boat.
but under the peaceful surface, this prestigious academy holds a dark secret. some of its students are Vampires! and Kouhei will get dragged deeper, and deeper into the mystery of the school and the girls that attend.[/i]

Based off a Japanese adult visual novel - [i]I played it, not as mature as it suggested [/i]- it is a manga series that is ongoing, though it's only once a month. Not to mention the lack of translators and cleaners, I would help them only I can speak even less Chinese than Japanese.

Well, anyway, it's a series that I discovered, and like. It's been neglected sort of since the beginning of this month, but it actually has a sorta-good story. . . well, it has vampires, and includes aspects of Twilight, but is different in that Our Vampires Are Different, some chapters being pretty funny, and with interesting characters, like Iori.
[/center][/center]

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Is Bleach, Naruto and One Piece really a reccomendation? Hasn't [i]everyone[/i] seen them? Also for a Drama. School Days, or maybe Shuffle! It's more of a harem, I guess, but it gets really dramatic towards the end.

School Days is a bit hard to explain. But it's a love triangle essentially. It's only 12 episodes long so it's pretty short. Like a weekend thing, or if you're serious 'bout it, a whole day. Slight horror aspect later in the anime. I can't tell why without ruing it, though.

Shuffle! Is a run of the mill Harem, except "demons" and "gods" live with humans. There's some slight magic use in the anime, and it gets pretty funny at times. But it gets really dramatic and deep towards the end. Twenty-Four episodes of Shuffle! is just enough to finish without you feeling rushed through.

[quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1304613116' post='5189604']
[url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brushfire"]http://myanimelist.n...elist/Brushfire[/url]

Based on this, someone please try and suggest to me an anime I will find emotional gripping and extremely difficult to stop watching from the start. Please?
[/quote][quote name='Brushfire' timestamp='1304613116' post='5189604']
[url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brushfire"]http://myanimelist.n...elist/Brushfire[/url]

[/quote]
Hmm. I don't know how much you like Romance-Dramas, but if you don't mind looking into them [u]A Bridge to the Starry Skies[/u] was hard for me to put down at times. And then there's Shuffle! But that's your typical harem until more than halfway through.....

• 3 months later...

Le Portrait De Petite Cossette: This is the story of Eiri an art student who works in his uncles antiques shop, while his uncle is away a new shipment arrives in which Eiri discovers an venetian glass which has the soul of a murdered young woman. (it's 3 episodes long but very much worth the watch.) [horror/romance/supernatural.]

Le Portrait De Petite Cossette: This is the story of Eiri an art student who works in his uncles antiques shop, while his uncle is away a new shipment arrives in which Eiri discovers an venetian glass which has the soul of a murdered young woman. (it's 3 episodes long but very much worth the watch.) [horror/romance/supernatural.]

• 3 months later...

I'd like to recommend a few.

Comedy:

Di Gi Charat:

[spoiler=Wonderful Version (original series):]
[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/24zhgjp.jpg[/img]

A 10 year old alien catgirl named Dejiko is the princess of Planet Di Gi Charat. She and her younger sister, Puchiko, along with their friend, Gema, escape Planet Di Gi Charat after it is attacked by Planet Analogue. Dejiko and the others crash land in Akihabara, a (crowded) neighborhood in Tokyo. Because houses there are so expensive, Dejiko, Puchiko, and Gema have nowhere to stay. Luckily, the manager of the store "Gamers" lets them live there, if they agree to work there. They agree, and meet a 14 year old girl named Hikaru Usada who recently got employed there. However, she [i]hates[/i] being called by her real name, and prefers to be called "Rabi~en~Rose". She becomes Dejiko's rival. Other characters are Minagawa Takurou (a customer who becomes Usada's boyfriend), Kimura Takurou (a rich young man who owns a mansion and loves Puchiko.... a lot), Takeshi and Yoshimi (two otaku obsessed with Dejiko), Abarenbou (just some random blue guy) and the Black Gema Gema Gang (Piyoko, Rik, Ky, and Coo, they try to kidnap Dejiko to hold her for ransom so they can save Planet Analogue from poverty). This DGC series is very random, and just has Dejiko working at Gamers with weird stuff happening.

Order of the episodes:
-original 16 episodes
-Summer Special
-Christmas Special
-Ohanami Special
-Gema no Sumika
-Tsusode shi u Engeki-dan (ii ne!)
-Natsuyasumi Special
-Hoshi no Tabi
-Kuchikara Bazooka
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat:]
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/9s9bu1.png[/img]

The prequel to the Wonderful Version, it takes place two years before, on Planet Di Gi Charat. Dejiko is reading a book one day about a man who made people happy, so she wants to do the same. She and Puchiko try leaving the castle, but their teacher won't let them. After he chases them a while, they convince him to let them go, as long as they take Gema with them. The three set off, and meet Rinna, a baker who falls asleep a lot. Then they meet Mike (pronounced "mee-kay"), an energetic tomboy who helps her parents run a fish store. The 4 girls (and Gema) start trying to make everyone happy, while Piyoko and Deji Devil try to stop them from doing so. There are 48 episodes, each 5 minutes long.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Leave it to Piyoko]
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/ibvy1c.png[/img]

A Di Gi Charat OVA about the Black Gema Gema Gang. Not much to say apart from that. 8 episodes long.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Di Gi Charat Nyo]
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/htv0np.png[/img]

An Alternate Universe series to Di Gi Charat. In this series, Dejiko, Puchiko, and Gema go to Earth so Dejiko can train to become a better princess, due to her misbehaving at the castle all her life. Dejiko loses Puchiko right away, so she has to find her. Along the way, she meets Yasushi, a toy collector and inventor who owns is own toy shop. They also meet his younger brother Kiyoshi, who lives at the toy shop with Yasushi. Meanwhile, Puchiko meets an elderly couple, who lets her live in their bakery. Dejiko and Puchiko then find each other by using special items the Queen of Di Gi Charat gave to them. Other characters are Rabi~en~Rose (who becomes Kiyoshi's girlfriend), Rinna (who, still, sleeps a lot), Mike (who is searching for the Legendary Fishing Rod), Aqua (a mermaid who is interested in humans and their technology), Yu-Rei (a young girl who lives in a haunted mansion), and Akari Usada (Rabi~en~Rose's older cousin, who is a famous idol), and of course, the Black Gema Gema Gang. Starting at episode 81, a "Princess School" story arc starts, which has Dejiko, Puchiko, Rabi~en~Rose, Rinna, Mike, Aqua, Yu-Rei, and Piyoko go to school while Akari and some others are teachers. The series is 104 episodes long.[/spoiler]

Comedy/Romance:

[spoiler=Winter Garden]
[img]http://blog-imgs-40.fc2.com/a/r/i/ariori/img3706.jpg[/img]

Takes place 10 years after Di Gi Charat. Dejiko is now 20, and Puchiko is 15. It's Christmas Eve, and Dejiko is working at a cake shop. She starts to bring a cake to her and Puchiko's apartment, but she slips and falls, squashing the cake. Luckily, a young man named Senba Takurou sees her fall, so he helps her up, and gives her a new one to replace the cake she ruined. The two start going out, and Puchiko taunts Dejiko about being in love. I can't say much else, or I'll spoil the plot, but that's the basic premise. It is a two episode long OVA.[/spoiler]

You can really tell I know too much about this franchise for my own good.

• 2 years later...

Simply put, I keep a list of all the anime that get recommended to me by my five sort-of-trustworthy sources, and I keep a good set of rules about them. However, I want to see if YCM could recommend anything worthwhile.

If one of my sources recommends something, it goes on the list.
If a majority of my sources (3+) agree it's good, it gets an exclamation point, implying I should watch it soon.
If my sources unanimously agree it's good, it gets a triple exclamation point, and I watch it as soon as I get the opportunity. So far, this has only happened once- with Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.
If there is an "M" beside it, I was specifically told to read the manga, which means that there either is no anime adaptation, or it was garbage.
If there is an exponential carry (^<that bastard), that means that I personally like and recommend the anime or manga.
If there is a number beside the name of the anime, that is the next episode I need to watch- it's either on hold, or in another tab.
Naruto was on the list at one point, with a double recommendation, but was stricken when two of my sources immediately said it was terrible upon the name coming up. The fifth, possible tiebreaker source, decided not to comment. I just decided that I'd leave it off the list.

My five sources, with names removed to protect the innocent:
This Guy
That Guy
The Other Guy
TOIL
Artist (so called because they duplicate any art perfectly. It's a little weird.)

(!)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha [Recommended by: That Guy; The Other Guy; TOIL]

(!)Puella Magi Madoka Magicka [Recommended by: Artist; TOIL; That Guy]

(!)Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (16) [Recommended by: TOIL; This Guy; The Other Guy]

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Serei Tsukai no Bladedance

Yume Tsukai

Tokyo Ghoul

Toradora

Nisekoi

Yozakura Quartet

The World God Only Knows

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru

Tenchi Muyo

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Another

Oreimo

Cardfight Vanguard

Amagi Brilliant Park

Aishiteruze Baby

Jinsei

The Idolmaster

So Ra No Wo To

Inu x Boku SS

Alignment You You

Samurai Girls

Nanatsu no Taizai

Spice and Wolf

Ga-Rei Zero

Sora no Method

Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu

Mai-Otome

Psycho Pass

Steins; Gate

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! Ren (4)

Maou Maoyuu Yuusha

Haiyore Nyaruko-san! W

(!)Sword Art Online (S2E1) (^) [Recommended by: Everyone except That Guy]

Infinite Stratos (S3E1)

Cardcaptor Sakura (15)

Mirai Nikki

(!)Black Lagoon [Recommended by: Everyone except Artist, who said it sucks]

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Prison School

Natsume's Book of Friends

Bleach

WIXOSS

Planetes

Hellsing

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

(M) Mahou Sensei Negima! (COMPLETE) (^)
(M) Rosario + Vampire (COMPLETE)
Angel Beats! (COMPLETE) (^)
Anohana (COMPLETE)
Zero no Tsukaima (COMPLETE) (^)
Omamori Himari (COMPLETE)
Girls Bravo (COMPLETE)
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (COMPLETE) (^)
Mai-HiME (COMPLETE)
Yuru-Yuri (COMPLETE)
Kannazuki no Miko (COMPLETE)
(M) Sasameki Koto (COMPLETE)
(M) Girl Friends (COMPLETE)

• 1 year later...

I'd like to give two recommendations per genre:

Shounen Battle: Hunter X Hunter (2011-2014 series) and Yu Yu Hakusho
Drama: Haibane Renmei and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Action: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and One Punch Man
Psychological: Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain
Mystery/Suspense/Thriller: Monster and Boogiepop Phantom
Science Fiction: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Cowboy Bebop
Fantasy: The Vision of Escaflowne and Mushishi
Horror(ish): Requiem from the Darkness and Mononoke
Deconstruction: Neon Genesis Evangelion and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Comedy: The Devil is a Part Timer! and Great Teacher Onizuka
Sports: Hajime no Ippo and Ping Pong: The Animation

Good grief, with most of these being so well known (well, in the OP at least, don't really feel like looking through everything, besides the Ctrl + F that allows me to make such a bold statement), it's a crime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure hasn't been mentioned yet. Granted this is a pinned thread that is somehow for the most part dead (kind of like my underrated thread, but I do feel the need to add something there once this season finishes). You're about to say: "You really suck at predictions... but this really is surprising, should have been here way sooner."

Good grief, with most of these being so well known (well, in the OP at least, don't really feel like looking through everything, besides the Ctrl + F that allows me to make such a bold statement), it's a crime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure hasn't been mentioned yet. Granted this is a pinned thread that is somehow for the most part dead (kind of like my underrated thread, but I do feel the need to add something there once this season finishes). You're about to say: "You really suck at predictions... but this really is surprising, should have been here way sooner."

I enjoyed JoJo a lot. I watched it in a very odd way; I watched all of Stardust Crusaders first, then I went back and watched the 2012 series, which covered parts one and two of the manga (I haven't read the manga). I NEVER watch things out of order like this, but I was told that I could start with Stardust Crusaders because most of the concepts and characters stayed in that arc or started in that arc. Either way, I watched the first episode of both series, and Stardust Crusaders was so much more interesting to me and it hooked me instantly. Anyway, Phantom Blood was like an 8/10 for me, Battle Tendency was like a 9/10 for me, the first half of Stardust Crusaders was a 9/10 for me, and the second half of Stardust Crusaders was more like a 9.5/10 for me.

Archived