Official YCM Newspaper - Application thread (3 Jobs Left!)

Bassa

Should there be a 5 point Subscription?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 5 point Subscription?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Newspaper be...

• Every 2 Weeks
    • Every Month

Welcome to the Official YCM Newspaper Thread! It has been a long time since this was last open and we decided to run it again. I am hoping to get a lot of people to help me with this and make this successful. The whole idea of this is to allow members of YCM the news on parts of the Forum they may not visit regulaly and to get News from arond the world. The Paper will be a Monthly thing and this thread is only for applicants for writers of articles and Advertisment.

[spoiler=Articles]This is a list of all the Articles that will be featured in the Newspaper. If you have any ideas on what could e added post it here. The non-bolded parts are what that job includes

News - Upcoming Events, Monthly Theme, Updates for the Forum

Global News - Worldwide News

Sports - Multi-cultaral sports news

Advertisment - Clubs, RP's, Fan Fic's, Shops, Contests (Costing 10 points?)

Card of The Week - Pro's and Con's of a selected Card

Interview Page - Yugioh 5'Ds could put a few of his Interviews here

Comic Page - Comic Strips (Must be appropriate)

Writers Page - A few Fan Fic writers could put a little bit of there latest story on a page

Frunks Mod Leakage Page

New and Promosing RP's - A selection of New Rp's that are worth looking out for.

Humorous Column Section - Includes Funny Quotes and other funny things

GFX Section - Show off your GFX here as we choose the best Tags

Music Page - A selection of new songs for all to enjoy.

[spoiler=Jobs Available]News Taken by Bassa

Global News Shared by Byakuya Kuchiki and Yugioh Dude

Sports Taken by King

Card of the Week Taken by Final Fantasy Revolution, The Big red Sandman and Lovely C.C

Comic Page

Frunks Page Taken by Frunk

Editor (Person who reads all articles and checks for errors) Taken by Tainted Black and Clair

Interview Page Taken by Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

New and Promosing Rp's Taken by Tainted Black

Humorous Column Section Shared by Alfred Kun and Sending Roses

GFX Page

Music Page

[spoiler=Job Infomation]To apply for any of the jobs we must know that you are going to be active. If you think you may be leaving YCM within the next month, please do not apply. Plus anybody taking a job must have a medium knowledge of writing, In addition they must write the articles to a good standered and do not forget!

We will be changing writers every 2 months to allow people to have a go.

[spoiler=Job Application]

Useranme:
Job:
Will you be active?:
Example of Writing (At least 5 lines):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writers Page:

The writers part of the Newspaper is for people to show a chapter of there latest story to YCM. Anybody can apply for this and we have no maximum of stories for each paper. If you wish to apply for this fill out the Form below.

[spoiler=Writers Page Application]

Username:
Story Name:
Stroy (Maximum of 1 Chapter):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisment:

The Advertisment page is for any Shops, RP's, Fan Fics, Clubs and Contests. There will be a small charge for this of 10 points per Advert.

[spoiler=Advertsiment Application]

Username:
Shop, Club, Contest, RP, FanFic (Please specify):
Link:
Info (No more than 2 lines:
Banner/Tag:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Next we were wondering whether there shoud be a 5 point subscription every month to make it sem more Newspaper like. It is up to you and we would appreciate it if you filled out the Poll.

Finally:

It is first come first served. This application will end in a few weeks.

There will be a metting at the end of this moth for us to discuss the first Newspaper.

Thanks.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Useranme: King.

Job: Sports

Will you be active?: Yes.

Example of Writing.

Hello readers and welcome to another article about updates in sports. Recent news from the NBA states that the first week of games will consist of some stellar matchups starting with Miami Heat taking on the Boston Celtics. Can the new big three defeat Boston's big three? Will Point Guard Rajon Rondo make any difference to the game? How will the supporting cast of the Heat fair against a team that has been involved in several playoffs? All will be shown opening night October 26th 7:30pm. Also, on the same night reigning champs L.A Lakers take on the Houston Rockets will a healthy Yao Ming lead the Rockets to victory? Or will the champs show them why they are the champs? Tune in to find out! In other news Shaquille O'Neal is close to a contract with the Boston Celtics it is uncomfirmed as of now but more details will soon follow when they arrive!

Note: I just did a write up about the latest NBA news can you tell me what other sports to write about if I get the job?

Good to see the thread up Bassa. I'm sorry I haven't responded to your messages until now.

@Yin: I didn't ask for it to be called that specifically. :P Back when I ran the forum newspaper I had a column about what goes on in the Mod's forum. I only ever talk about things that I know aren't that important anyway, so don't worry. ;)

Good to see the thread up Bassa. I'm sorry I haven't responded to your messages until now.

@Yin: I didn't ask for it to be called that specifically. :P Back when I ran the forum newspaper I had a column about what goes on in the Mod's forum. I only ever talk about things that I know aren't that important anyway, so don't worry. ;)

Back in the days, half of the mod forum was filled with 'Draco' threads.

Ahh...I wonder what happens today?

So they decided to bring this back up eh?

Useranme: Byakuya Kuchiki

Job: Global News

Will you be active?: A lLOT

Example of Writing (At least 5 lines)

Recently in Tehran Afghanistan, a failed attempt of an assassination plot, by throwing a grenade in a presidential meeting. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he wasn't hurt at all, but was lucky to get out. The speech has continued later on after. It is unknown who has done this, since it links to the war in Afghanistan. In other words, China has used greenhouse technology, forming a "Straddling bus", a bus that looks like an archway over cars on a road, with passenger seats above. Scientists say that this should renovate ideas of faster and safer travel for the environment, costing 73 million U.S Dollars.

(NOTE: I got this information. I do not copy and paste)

Username: Yu-gi-oh Dude

Job: Global News

Will you be active?: As active as I can. It's the summer holidays right now so it wouldn't be too much

Example of Writing (At least 5 lines):

Firefighters in Russia are battling hundreds of wildfires that have been raging across parts of the country. Officials say that on Tuesday that there were 529 wildfires, the cause being that the fires have come during heatwave season, meaning that even a couple of sparks could start a fire. Furthermore, the capital, Moscow, had its hottest day ever last Thursday. Thousands have lost their houses and at least 40 people are dead as a result of the blazes east and south of the city. Children are in the process of being moved from summer camps that are under threat from the fires.

It seems like Russia are not the only country in a natural disaster. Rescue workers in north-west Pakistan are endeavouring to reach thousands of people stranded due to flooding. This comes literally days after a plane crashed there. Annually, monsoons hit the country. They are important as they bring water to the reasonably dry Pakistan. However, this year, the rain has been the worst for 80 years. So far, they have taken the lives of about 1400 people and are leaving three million people homeless. This is not the only worry. Experts think that the water will give survivors cholera, reulting in there being a lot more casulties as have happened thus far.

Useranme: Tainted Black

Job: Editor

Will you be active?: Oui, Oui.

[spoiler=Example of Writing]

Amelia stared at the data before her on her desk, unable to make sense of it. The information the commander had given her on the Vamp case should have been enough to find out who the Vamp was. The FBI knew she was about 25 years old, and about 130 pounds. She was also about 5'10, they thought. All of her 12 victims were found drained of blood, and the blood being pooled nearby with pieces of manufactured wood floating in it, all of the blood was still there, as well as many other details that the public was not allowed to know. Be careful little eyes applied in this case. All were male so far, but a woman had recently been abducted. Amelia knew the answer had to be staring her in the face, but she could not place it. As she thought, she picked up her coffee and took a swig before looking at the clock. "It's already 11'o clock? Crap... Lost track of time... Missed yet another date with John." She set her coffee mug down and sighed. "This is the third time this month!" She mentally yelled at herself. Her job was very taxing, especially now with the Vamp on the loose. "Well, I'm leaving, chief!" she called to her boss. She heard him call back, but shrugged it off. As she walked outside, she thought of her failed relationship with John. She loved him, but this case seemed so important. As she got to her car, her cellphone chirped. The number was not a number she knew. Amelia answered it with a question. "Hello?" A sensuous voice spoke back. "Hello, doll. You're John's lover, am I right?" She froze. "Who is this?" She asked, swallowing her fear. The voice gave a soft laugh. "You can call me what you have been- the Vamp. Now, do as I say, or John is my next victim."

If you want a more... reporting version, see my Role Patrolling thread in FF.

Archived