Official YCM Newspaper - Application thread (3 Jobs Left!)

Bassa

Should there be a 5 point Subscription?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 5 point Subscription?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Newspaper be...

• Every 2 Weeks
    • Every Month

Username: To the left of you. ;D

Job: Editor of Things.

Will you be active?: Definitely.

Example of Writing (At least 5 lines):

[spoiler=Cleverly hidden in a spoiler.]

As you can see, I have somewhat of a grasp on the English language, which is great. People tend to like other people who write with eloquence and flow, and I hope that I can get a position in this prodigious newspaper because of this. Why? Well, to be frank, I have no real job. This position of editor will undoubtedly make me feel better about myself and keep me from crying alone in my room at night. Some may call me a procrastinator, but I promise I will put half of my energy into correcting the news that people send in. The other half of my energy will be devoted to breathing and the like. As you can tell, I'm very active on YCM, and I hope that this will help me land a job/position in your excellent academy newspaper.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Useranme: Final Fantasy Revolution

Job: Card of the Week (That's gonna be Four writings per magazine right? Or do we each get one week?)

Will you be active?: Yup, as long as there are Role Play's here, I'm here everyday lol

Example of Writing (At least 5 lines): Will an RP post do? Meh, I'll through up an RP post AND a poem.

[spoiler=RP Sample]

Basq turned to see Midorame had awoken. "Phew, I can take this barrier down." Basq said, the barrier shattering just as he finished the word "down". "Your on the top of the Squad 4 medical building. Captain Ino tried to kill you and then tried to take your body. I distracted her with basic level kido, got your body, and then got as far away as I could. I put up this barrier to protect us, foryou were unconscious. Thinking that they'd need help with Captain Ino I tried to counter-act the medicine I gave you earlier with a nullifier but it didn't work in time and Captain Ino has escaped. I was trying to apprehend her but the strain of the high level barrier I used to protect us was to much for me to act upon." Basq explained the whole thing in as much detail as he could. "Now if you'll excuse me." Basq shunpod away from Midorame and down to where the battle had just taken place, he lifted Takeshi's arm and brought it to him. "Come here, I'm gonna try to re-attach it, but first I need to make a call so to speak." Basq set the arm down and then did some basic healing kido to stop the blood loss of Takeshi and his arm. Basq took black ink from his medical bag and set it on the ground, with this ink he drew specific marks on his left and right arms and then focused some reitsu to his hands. "Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Way of Binding #77, Heavenly Rickshaws in Silken Air." A bright square of blue energy formed in front of Basq's hands and he started broadcasting a message to all of Soul Society. "Attention, all shinigami." He started the message to get everyone's attention. "8th Division Captain, Ino Hamakira, has rebelled against Soul Society and should be apprehended immediately by any means necessary. That is all." Basq finished his message to Soul Society but as soon as he did he coughed up a bit of blood and had to go to one knee. That message was so short and not detailed, I couldn't help it, I wouldn't have enough energy to heal these three if I sent a longer message out. I have to be more wise about how I spend my reitsu in the future. Basq put the black ink away and then stood up to start healing the three involved in the battle. "Can I get some help out here with these three!" Basq yelled into the fourth squad barracks.

[spoiler=Poetry Sample]

I walk alone

Looking for my closest friend

On sky, on water, and on stone

I search for the one I used to defend

We used to walk this path together

He and I

There could never be any other

Until the day we die

But how could one keep that kind of promise

If they never truly lived

Had I walked through life breathless

Never to take or give

No, don't be ridiculous

Our friendship was unique and gifted

Or maybe I just can't face our weakness

Which is that me and my friend, never existed...

Username: The Blood Red Sandman

Job: Card of the Week

Will you be active?: This is one of the only websites I frequent. Of Course I'll be active

Example of Writing:

Zombie Master. The card that brought Zombies back from their Grave (cwutididthar). Other than being an strong attacker for the early stages of the game, this card can, and usually, will, lead to many unhindered dominations. ZM, along with cards like Il Blud and Doomkaiser Dragon, is a Swarmer; a monster which gets other monsters out onto the field quickly. ZM allows you to, at the cost of a Monster Card from your hand, Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Zombie monster from EITHER PLAYER'S GRAVEYARD. Meaning, with the possibility Zombie World, you have the potential to bring back game-changing monsters. Heck, you can even bring back the monster you discarded. A good use of this effect is to send a Zombie Master in your hand to the Graveyard, then Special Summon it, to get the effect again, as ZM's effect, sadly but fairly, only allows it once per turn. And if Summoned by Il Blud, you get the same, if sightly watered down and costed, effect again. You could Special Summon a Plaguespreader Zombie to Synchro monsters, possibly including the ZM, for great, game-winning cards like Brionac, Goyo Guardian and one of the Plague Synchros, namely Doomkaiser Dragon and Revived King Ha Des. Hell, Zombie Master is even used as Anti-Zombie, due to it's ability to Special Summon from your opponent's Graveyard, which, if facing a Zombie Duelist, is bound to be filled with cards like Plaguespreader, Spirit Reaper, and Pyramid Turtle, which can potentially Summon another Master.

There are, of course, some problems. The fact that it's got 0 DEF means that defending with this guy is a really dumb idea, especially when faced with the threat of Piercers. And the cost of having to send a monster can be bad in some cases, as well as the restriction of only being able to Summon a Level 4 or lower monster. It's probably best to use this guy in the early part of the game, or near the end, to assure victory

All in all, a highly versatile card. And one of many which gave Zombies their life back (lolpuns).

Rating: 4/5

P.S.: Dontcha just love the art?

Useranme: ♥Łövëły Ċ.Ċ♥

Job: Card of the Week

Will you be active?: Yes

[spoiler=Example]

The cool night air whistled softly through the open windows and blinds of a local café on the corner of a street called Timbrook Lane. Two large circular tables away from the open window sat a young woman, whose long dirty blonde hair was hanging down the left side of her face, concealing the left side of her face from those who might walk by the window. She was leaning forward, captivated by the book she was reading.

A clock somewhere in the café chimed. The young woman looked up and glanced around the café. The waitress was busy at the coffee machine, obviously reloading it with coffee beans. The young woman dropped her right hand down under the table to her right jeans pocket. Her hand slid into the pocket with easy and she fished around in her pocket for a moment before extracting a dark red Samsung Rant from the pocket. Dropping her gaze to the screen of her phone to check the time, the young woman suddenly swore under her breath when she saw that it was 11:45 pm. She stood up so abruptly that the chair that she had previously been sitting in toppled over with a loud crash. The waitress behind the counter shrieked and the sound of coffee beans scattering everywhere on the floor cloud be heard.

Before the waitress could turn around, the young woman had righted the chair, picked up her purse, and ran to the door. Opening it, she looked back to see the waitress mumbling furiously to herself as she went into the backroom, mostly likely for a broom. The young woman stepped outside and shivered as the cool night air brushed past her in a somewhat violent breeze. First glancing left, then right, the young woman turned to the right and began walking in the direction of a large apartment complex. The sound of her dark blue Vans connecting with the hard concrete sidewalk was muffled by the still night air.

The night was quiet and peaceful. The stars peaked out from behind clouds and twinkled shyly. Suddenly a burst of bright yellow lights flashed on, a few feet in front of the young woman. She froze and squinted her eyes against the light and raised her right arm to eye level. She could distinctly hear a harsh laugh emanating from the driver side of the vehicle. Staggering backwards, the young woman blinked furiously and turned her head away from the lights. At that moment, the sound of a car door closing reached her ears and she looked up. The silhouette of a tall man stood stock still in the center of the lights, a long object dangling from his left hand.

With a whimper of fear, the young woman turned around and began to run in the opposite direction, away from the man. Her purse swung furiously at her side, occasionally hitting her ribs. Turning back, she could no longer see the silhouette of the man. The car lights were still on, but the man was nowhere to be seen.

The young woman slowed down. Her chest was moving up and down in rhythm with her heavy breathing. She took several steps back, waiting nervously to see if the man would jump out before her. Suddenly she froze, a terrified whimper escaping her lips. From behind her she had heard the sound of heavy duty boots stepping on loose gravel.

Slowly, the young woman turned her head to look behind her. Her eyes widened in shock and fear. The man from the car was standing inches away from her, holding a powerful black metal baseball bat. She could just barely make out a crooked and fiendish smile on the man’s face before he raised the bat to his left. The young woman opened her mouth and began to scream, but the descending bat connected with the right side of her head before she could get anything out.

I found this more fitting as I couldn't find my interview with my friend on his views of the new YCM.

Useranme: XSilent.ShadowsX

Job: Editor

Will you be active?: Every day.

The new card is very balanced. and has potentiol.

Edited : The new card is very balanced, and has great potentiial.

I love the way the new Ycm looks. Love it.

Edited : I love the way YCM looks after the changes, i love it!

The real reason i was inactive because i was on vaction in mexico.

Edited : The actual reason I was inactive because I was vactioning in Mexico!

Bassa could you talk with your mod buddys to sticky my interview thread ?

I don't reckon I could do that. You have a word with them.

Useranme: Tainted BlackJob: EditorWill you be active?: Oui, Oui.[spoiler=Example of Writing]Amelia stared at the data before her on her desk, unable to make sense of it. The information the commander had given her on the Vamp case should have been enough to find out who the Vamp was. The FBI knew she was about 25 years old, and about 130 pounds. She was also about 5'10, they thought. All of her 12 victims were found drained of blood, and the blood being pooled nearby with pieces of manufactured wood floating in it, all of the blood was still there, as well as many other details that the public was not allowed to know. Be careful little eyes applied in this case. All were male so far, but a woman had recently been abducted. Amelia knew the answer had to be staring her in the face, but she could not place it. As she thought, she picked up her coffee and took a swig before looking at the clock. "It's already 11'o clock? Crap... Lost track of time... Missed yet another date with John." She set her coffee mug down and sighed. "This is the third time this month!" She mentally yelled at herself. Her job was very taxing, especially now with the Vamp on the loose. "Well, I'm leaving, chief!" she called to her boss. She heard him call back, but shrugged it off. As she walked outside, she thought of her failed relationship with John. She loved him, but this case seemed so important. As she got to her car, her cellphone chirped. The number was not a number she knew. Amelia answered it with a question. "Hello?" A sensuous voice spoke back. "Hello, doll. You're John's lover, am I right?" She froze. "Who is this?" She asked, swallowing her fear. The voice gave a soft laugh. "You can call me what you have been- the Vamp. Now, do as I say, or John is my next victim."

If you want a more... reporting version, see my Role Patrolling thread in FF.

Accepted, Thanks.

Username: To the left of you. ;DJob: Editor of Things.Will you be active?: Definitely.Example of Writing (At least 5 lines):[spoiler=Cleverly hidden in a spoiler.]As you can see, I have somewhat of a grasp on the English language, which is great. People tend to like other people who write with eloquence and flow, and I hope that I can get a position in this prodigious newspaper because of this. Why? Well, to be frank, I have no real job. This position of editor will undoubtedly make me feel better about myself and keep me from crying alone in my room at night. Some may call me a procrastinator, but I promise I will put half of my energy into correcting the news that people send in. The other half of my energy will be devoted to breathing and the like. As you can tell, I'm very active on YCM, and I hope that this will help me land a job/position in your excellent academy newspaper.

Accepted.

Useranme: Final Fantasy RevolutionJob: Card of the Week (That's gonna be Four writings per magazine right? Or do we each get one week?)Will you be active?: Yup, as long as there are Role Play's here, I'm here everyday lolExample of Writing (At least 5 lines): Will an RP post do? Meh, I'll through up an RP post AND a poem.[spoiler=RP Sample]Basq turned to see Midorame had awoken. "Phew, I can take this barrier down." Basq said, the barrier shattering just as he finished the word "down". "Your on the top of the Squad 4 medical building. Captain Ino tried to kill you and then tried to take your body. I distracted her with basic level kido, got your body, and then got as far away as I could. I put up this barrier to protect us, foryou were unconscious. Thinking that they'd need help with Captain Ino I tried to counter-act the medicine I gave you earlier with a nullifier but it didn't work in time and Captain Ino has escaped. I was trying to apprehend her but the strain of the high level barrier I used to protect us was to much for me to act upon." Basq explained the whole thing in as much detail as he could. "Now if you'll excuse me." Basq shunpod away from Midorame and down to where the battle had just taken place, he lifted Takeshi's arm and brought it to him. "Come here, I'm gonna try to re-attach it, but first I need to make a call so to speak." Basq set the arm down and then did some basic healing kido to stop the blood loss of Takeshi and his arm. Basq took black ink from his medical bag and set it on the ground, with this ink he drew specific marks on his left and right arms and then focused some reitsu to his hands. "Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens. Way of Binding #77, Heavenly Rickshaws in Silken Air." A bright square of blue energy formed in front of Basq's hands and he started broadcasting a message to all of Soul Society. "Attention, all shinigami." He started the message to get everyone's attention. "8th Division Captain, Ino Hamakira, has rebelled against Soul Society and should be apprehended immediately by any means necessary. That is all." Basq finished his message to Soul Society but as soon as he did he coughed up a bit of blood and had to go to one knee. That message was so short and not detailed, I couldn't help it, I wouldn't have enough energy to heal these three if I sent a longer message out. I have to be more wise about how I spend my reitsu in the future. Basq put the black ink away and then stood up to start healing the three involved in the battle. "Can I get some help out here with these three!" Basq yelled into the fourth squad barracks.

[spoiler=Poetry Sample]I walk aloneLooking for my closest friendOn sky, on water, and on stoneI search for the one I used to defendWe used to walk this path togetherHe and IThere could never be any otherUntil the day we dieBut how could one keep that kind of promiseIf they never truly livedHad I walked through life breathlessNever to take or giveNo, don't be ridiculousOur friendship was unique and giftedOr maybe I just can't face our weaknessWhich is that me and my friend, never existed...

Accepted.

Username: The Blood Red SandmanJob: Card of the WeekWill you be active?: This is one of the only websites I frequent. Of Course I'll be activeExample of Writing: Zombie Master. The card that brought Zombies back from their Grave (cwutididthar). Other than being an strong attacker for the early stages of the game, this card can, and usually, will, lead to many unhindered dominations. ZM, along with cards like Il Blud and Doomkaiser Dragon, is a Swarmer; a monster which gets other monsters out onto the field quickly. ZM allows you to, at the cost of a Monster Card from your hand, Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Zombie monster from EITHER PLAYER'S GRAVEYARD. Meaning, with the possibility Zombie World, you have the potential to bring back game-changing monsters. Heck, you can even bring back the monster you discarded. A good use of this effect is to send a Zombie Master in your hand to the Graveyard, then Special Summon it, to get the effect again, as ZM's effect, sadly but fairly, only allows it once per turn. And if Summoned by Il Blud, you get the same, if sightly watered down and costed, effect again. You could Special Summon a Plaguespreader Zombie to Synchro monsters, possibly including the ZM, for great, game-winning cards like Brionac, Goyo Guardian and one of the Plague Synchros, namely Doomkaiser Dragon and Revived King Ha Des. Hell, Zombie Master is even used as Anti-Zombie, due to it's ability to Special Summon from your opponent's Graveyard, which, if facing a Zombie Duelist, is bound to be filled with cards like Plaguespreader, Spirit Reaper, and Pyramid Turtle, which can potentially Summon another Master.There are, of course, some problems. The fact that it's got 0 DEF means that defending with this guy is a really dumb idea, especially when faced with the threat of Piercers. And the cost of having to send a monster can be bad in some cases, as well as the restriction of only being able to Summon a Level 4 or lower monster. It's probably best to use this guy in the early part of the game, or near the end, to assure victoryAll in all, a highly versatile card. And one of many which gave Zombies their life back (lolpuns).Rating: 4/5P.S.: Dontcha just love the art?

Accepted.

Useranme: ♥Łövëły Ċ.Ċ♥Job: Card of the WeekWill you be active?: YesExample of Writing (At least 5 lines): [spoiler=Example]The cool night air whistled softly through the open windows and blinds of a local café on the corner of a street called Timbrook Lane. Two large circular tables away from the open window sat a young woman, whose long dirty blonde hair was hanging down the left side of her face, concealing the left side of her face from those who might walk by the window. She was leaning forward, captivated by the book she was reading. A clock somewhere in the café chimed. The young woman looked up and glanced around the café. The waitress was busy at the coffee machine, obviously reloading it with coffee beans. The young woman dropped her right hand down under the table to her right jeans pocket. Her hand slid into the pocket with easy and she fished around in her pocket for a moment before extracting a dark red Samsung Rant from the pocket. Dropping her gaze to the screen of her phone to check the time, the young woman suddenly swore under her breath when she saw that it was 11:45 pm. She stood up so abruptly that the chair that she had previously been sitting in toppled over with a loud crash. The waitress behind the counter shrieked and the sound of coffee beans scattering everywhere on the floor cloud be heard. Before the waitress could turn around, the young woman had righted the chair, picked up her purse, and ran to the door. Opening it, she looked back to see the waitress mumbling furiously to herself as she went into the backroom, mostly likely for a broom. The young woman stepped outside and shivered as the cool night air brushed past her in a somewhat violent breeze. First glancing left, then right, the young woman turned to the right and began walking in the direction of a large apartment complex. The sound of her dark blue Vans connecting with the hard concrete sidewalk was muffled by the still night air. The night was quiet and peaceful. The stars peaked out from behind clouds and twinkled shyly. Suddenly a burst of bright yellow lights flashed on, a few feet in front of the young woman. She froze and squinted her eyes against the light and raised her right arm to eye level. She could distinctly hear a harsh laugh emanating from the driver side of the vehicle. Staggering backwards, the young woman blinked furiously and turned her head away from the lights. At that moment, the sound of a car door closing reached her ears and she looked up. The silhouette of a tall man stood stock still in the center of the lights, a long object dangling from his left hand. With a whimper of fear, the young woman turned around and began to run in the opposite direction, away from the man. Her purse swung furiously at her side, occasionally hitting her ribs. Turning back, she could no longer see the silhouette of the man. The car lights were still on, but the man was nowhere to be seen. The young woman slowed down. Her chest was moving up and down in rhythm with her heavy breathing. She took several steps back, waiting nervously to see if the man would jump out before her. Suddenly she froze, a terrified whimper escaping her lips. From behind her she had heard the sound of heavy duty boots stepping on loose gravel. Slowly, the young woman turned her head to look behind her. Her eyes widened in shock and fear. The man from the car was standing inches away from her, holding a powerful black metal baseball bat. She could just barely make out a crooked and fiendish smile on the man’s face before he raised the bat to his left. The young woman opened her mouth and began to scream, but the descending bat connected with the right side of her head before she could get anything out.

I found this more fitting as I couldn't find my interview with my friend on his views of the new YCM.

Accepted.

Useranme: XSilent.ShadowsXJob: EditorWill you be active?: Every day.Example of Writing (At least 5 lines):The new card is very balanced. and has potentiol.Edited : The new card is very balanced, and has great potentiial.I love the way the new Ycm looks. Love it.Edited : I love the way YCM looks after the changes, i love it!The real reason i was inactive because i was on vaction in mexico.Edited : The actual reason I was inactive because I was vactioning in Mexico!

Not Accepted. I need more writing examples.

All Card of The Weekers, you will share this. f you send me 2 card reviews each, I think that page will be done.

So what Sports do you want me to cover? As you know I could do NBA action I could probably also do WWE/TNA news, Soccer news ... Would any of you guys be interesting in some Australian Rules Football coverage?

All we need is a few American Sports and some English Sports. I can do the English Sports if you like.

Just let me know when you need somethin' edited ^-^

Sure.

Same here.If it's not against the rules, any writers can PM their articles to Black or I.I think that's how it's supposed to work, anyways. xD

Well, If everyone sends me there articles. When I have got every one, I will split them and send them off to you.

You know if its a YCM newspaper it should be more about YCM.

Well, perhaps their can be a section where it says about new RP'S, clubs, Contests, and others. Liek the ads.

It dont relay have to be about YCM. Perhaps lazy ass people can read a fake paper about stuff happening. But Its FB, Frunks and Bassa's desicion.

Archived