How did you come up with your username?

Proto

Just simple question for all you YCMers, how exactly did you come up with the name that now represents you on the interwebs.

Mines is simple, I needed a name for Yugioh Wikia, since I was really into robots at the time I decided to combine the name of my favorite robot! (Proto Man) with the YuGiOh Card Machine King.

So here is what you see today.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, yes, my username. I remember it like it was 3 weeks ago...

*wavy flashback*

"Alright, what can I call myself that's both Yu-Gi-Oh related AND original? Let's look at these cards I've had for a while..."

~5 minutes later~

"Ok, Dian Keto would be a cool name, but I'll be the 'Card Maker' rather than a 'Cure Master.'"

~10 minutes later~

"Ok, gotta make an avatar...let's find a picture here...

*sees original artwork*

"WAIT WHAT THE...I could've SWORN it was a guy in a wig, but this, this is...wow, different. I'll just pretend I didn't see that and keep the original idea of a guy in a wig..."

And THAT, my friends, is how I got a moustache.

Name one(Kazekage Gaara): I LOVE GAARA, as a character!

Name 2(Marsuvees Black): Marsuvees Black is a villain from my favorite books, and one of my favorites.

Name 3(Tainted Black): Marsuvees Black kept Black, but I wanted an imperfect or fallen theme. So, it was Tainted or Stained, and my friends liked Tainted.

Interestingly deceptive story:

I started playing RS again while it was still cool, and I forgot my old username. So, too lazy to think of something original, I simply put together my initials (A.T.) and the word 'man', plus the random number 562. The name 'Atman' didnt mean much to me back then...

A few weeks later, a random dude came up to me online and asked if I was Hindu.

Me: Uhh.. no. Y?

Dude: No reasn. >walks away<

Confused, I searched up the word 'Atman'.

As it turns out, Atman is the name of some Hindu Divine Spiritual Essence, or something like that (I don't remember it exactly, but it had something to do with the soul).

Since I'm always facinated by such quintessential ideals, 'Atman' really started to stick. I now use 'Atman' for everything I log in to (except my email).

A friend named one of his characters in World Of Warcraft Lazaruz and I liked it so much I started using it as good as everywhere on the internet.

I later found out that it acctually exist someone called Lazaruz in the bible. (I´m an atheist and want as few things as possible to do with the bible or the church, but untill I come up with a better name, It´s sticking with me)

Archived