IMO best way to handle Illegal Immigration

The Borg

[quote name='Hydra of Legend' timestamp='1282410519' post='4550379']
What's funny is that I'm Canadian, and it's not incredibly uncommon to get American illegal immigrants over here. Mind you, they're significantly different than Mexican ones and nobody really cares, but it does tend to lend to us a sense of humor when thinking about matters like this.

I've only had one question about Illegal immigrants, ever- How do they hurt? No, seriously, how do they hurt... anything? They take resources, yes... by paying for them. And stimulating the economy. And preform jobs that otherwise were becoming increasingly uncommon- (seriously, how many American fruit pickers do YOU know of?) -which keeps the standard of living the same as usual.

Not to mention they bring a splash of their national culture into the US, which is never a bad thing.
[/quote]

You forget.

In America, there are people who think Mexican are stealing jobs from "real" Americans.

In actuality, they need something to scapegoat so they could feel better.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's funny is that I'm Canadian, and it's not incredibly uncommon to get American illegal immigrants over here. Mind you, they're significantly different than Mexican ones and nobody really cares, but it does tend to lend to us a sense of humor when thinking about matters like this.

I've only had one question about Illegal immigrants, ever- How do they hurt? No, seriously, how do they hurt... anything? They take resources, yes... by paying for them. And stimulating the economy. And preform jobs that otherwise were becoming increasingly uncommon- (seriously, how many American fruit pickers do YOU know of?) -which keeps the standard of living the same as usual.

Not to mention they bring a splash of their national culture into the US, which is never a bad thing.
[/quote]
Equally ironic, I heard somewhere but couldn't tell you where at this point, that there are more illegal Canadians in America right now than Mexicans.

Thing is, nobody cares. And the worst part is, they're more likely to be educated, which means they actually ARE competing for the same jobs as Americans, unlike the lettuce-picker mexicans.

Solution: round up all Canadians in the country and put them into labor camps and/or publicly hang them.

TC needs to either suggest some valid reasons why executing illegal immigrants is in any reasonable, or let us all breathe a sigh of relief and they can tell us they were just trolling.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1282437859' post='4551837']
Solution: round up all Canadians in the country and put them into labor camps and/or publicly hang them.

TC needs to either suggest some valid reasons why executing illegal immigrants is in any reasonable, or let us all breathe a sigh of relief and they can tell us they were just trolling.
[/quote]

They are eating our resources and deportation is rewarding them and for those saying they just want a better life, they could do it LEGALLY!!!

In order to stop a crime you must take away the reason for it happening. In this case they break laws knowingly to get a better life and thus the appropriate punishment would be to counter it so logically you must take away the life they seek. For those that kill someone by force then logically their action should be taken against them due to the fact that they do not deserve their life anymore. Though to make it fair to the Illegals the solution would include them having one week to leave with only the clothes on their backs and some of their possessions being taken away along with their US currency and credit cards. I know many a layoff person would take a job an illegal has taken from them.

My avatar is Rescue Cat because him - Elephun and Mine Mole - Naturia Beast. Also he is an epic game changer.

[quote name='Free The Cat!' timestamp='1282439407' post='4551903']
They are eating our resources and deportation is rewarding them and for those saying they just want a better life, they could do it LEGALLY!!!

In order to stop a crime you must take away the reason for it happening. In this case they break laws knowingly to get a better life and thus the appropriate punishment would be to counter it so logically you must take away the life they seek. For those that kill someone by force then logically their action should be taken against them due to the fact that they do not deserve their life anymore. Though to make it fair to the Illegals the solution would include them having one week to leave with only the clothes on their backs and some of their possessions being taken away along with their US currency and credit cards. I know many a layoff person would take a job an illegal has taken from them.

My avatar is Rescue Cat because him - Elephun and Mine Mole - Naturia Beast. Also he is an epic game changer.
[/quote]

He's a broken card that should have been banned a long time ago.

Don't let your biased views cloud your train of thought young one.

Also, think of the "moral" side.

You think this'll happen?

This will only happen if a group of Fascists take over the U.S. and implement this along with "ethnic cleansing".

Also, you must think of the people who'll throw the "Who are we to decide one's fate?" or "ONLY TEH LORDZ CAN TAKE TEH LYFE!".

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1282340787' post='4547638']
I suffered the same idiocy earlier on YCM, but I learned. And I would like you to learn.

Adding a [/sar] tag to the end of a sentence ruins the entire point of sarcasm on the internet. Smart people get your sarcasm, and idiots think you are being fr srs. As such, you need to make your sarcasm obvious without putting a blatant [/sar] tag at the end. It ruins the entire joke.
[/quote]

However, adding a [/sar[b]c[/b]] is completely different.

[quote name='Luna Lovegood' timestamp='1282443819' post='4552090']
However, adding a [/sar[b]c[/b]] is completely different.
[/quote]

Adding a [/sarc] tag has all of the implications I stated earlier, but makes you look even more dumb because you added an extra "c".

[/quote]
Fun Fact: For a time in Imperial England, theft was punished by hanging. Supporters of the policy pointing to its success: thousands of people were hanged, so clearly it was a success.

In other words, your logic fails. But let's go over your first sentence...
[quote]They are eating our resources[/quote]
This is America. We have more than enough resources to go around, they're just not equitably distributed. What particular resources are you referring to, anyway? Corn? Electricity? Water?
[quote]and deportation is rewarding them[/quote]
How so? I thought deportation usually involved, you know, deporting people.
[quote]and for those saying they just want a better life, they could do it LEGALLY!!![/quote]
Obviously, they do it illegally just to spite the system.
ow8, maybe it has more to do with the difficulty of legally immigrating.

Rescue Cat's sole justification is that it's the cutest card in all of Yugimanz. Which is not worth Tier 0 X-Sabers.

[/quote]

...Please tell me this guy is trolling. Please. My faith in mankind is hanging by a string here.

In any case, I'm not sure you actually understand the death penalty. People can only be lawfully killed by governmental process when its determined that allowing them to live would cause them to be a constant threat to the life and safety of innocents. It has nothing to do with them not "deserving" to live anymore -the government does [i]not[/i] have the authority to determine if someone should be allowed to live based on their own merits. They can only remove threats from a society that may be harmed if that threat was ever released.

Your points are entirely nonsensical, and even worse than that, completely monstrous. You don't even provide reasoning for why immigrants are harming the country. "Consuming resources"? Uh, yeah, duh. By [b]PAYING[/b] for them. With their own money. Which they got by providing services to people in the country. Which, you know, [b]stimulates the economy and makes MORE jobs[/b].

[i]"I know many a layoff person would take a job an illegal has taken from them"[/i]- No, no they wouldn't. McDonalds offers minimum wages, and generally doesn't hire illegal immigrants. How many layoffs do you see working at McDonalds? Check their staff next time you go, I assure you that everyone but the manager will either be a retired senior, or a student at or below first-year collage/university.

The agriculture industry has been suffering lately. Why? Farmers are forced to do almost all of the duties on their ranch -picking the product, tilling the earth, etc- because other people don't WANT to work in agriculture. Illegal immigrants help this, because American citizens aren't going to pick up the slack, we already know this.

TL;DR: I hope the OP is trolling, because otherwise it's surprising to find a suggestion so devoid of logic, empathy or ...really, anything except republican talking points.

[/quote]
One popular argument against it is that some common jobs are given to illegal immigrants at below minimum wage and taken away from actual citizens since the profit is no longer substantial. The real issue is the employers lowering their wages below the legal amount in the first place.

[quote name='Free The Cat!' timestamp='1282242770' post='4543322']
All children born here with both parents as illegal immigrants have citizenship revoked.

Death Penalty for illegal immigrants.

Bye bye issue.
[/quote]

I have a better idea.

So I've heard that Mexico's jails don't have toilets.

: D

[quote name='Gary Oak' timestamp='1282525758' post='4555779']
[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/PlaguespreaderXirno/pat3.jpg[/IMG]

WHAT IF WE TOOK ALL THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS

[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/PlaguespreaderXirno/pat2.jpg[/IMG]

AND PUSHED THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
[/quote]

BY GEORGE, I THINK HE'S GOT IT!

They are eating our resources
[/quote]

Long answer: economic contributions wordswordswords

Short answer: no.

and deportation is rewarding them
[/quote]

Indeed, those Mexicans sneak into America as part of a cunning plan to receive the glorious reward of... being sent back to Mexico, where they started, except as convicted criminals this time.

I think your definition of a "reward" isn't the one most people use.

and for those saying they just want a better life, they could do it LEGALLY!!!
[/quote]

Of course. The borders are really just wide open for legal immigrants and they just hand away visas and green cards like candy. Those dirty illegal immigrants choose the dangerous, difficult, and illegal methods of entering the country because they want to get cool street cred. And, of course, if they entered legally, they would somehow magically transform from economy-eating black holes of doom to productive citizens.

In order to stop a crime you must take away the reason for it happening. In this case they break laws knowingly to get a better life and thus the appropriate punishment would be to counter it so logically you must take away the life they seek.
[/quote]

Similarly, if someone steals a candy bar so they can eat it, you must cut out their digestive tract so they can no longer enjoy that candy.

For those that kill someone by force then logically their action should be taken against them due to the fact that they do not deserve their life anymore.
[/quote]

I love how the word "logically" can be spliced into the middle of any sentence to make it sound more reasonable. Watch: "Illegal immigration is a rising problem, so logically we should clone Hitler." See? It sounds so sensible!

Though to make it fair to the Illegals the solution would include them having one week to leave with only the clothes on their backs and some of their possessions being taken away along with their US currency and credit cards. I know many a layoff person would take a job an illegal has taken from them.
[/quote]

Long answer: you're an idiot.

Short answer: no.

[/quote]

You and Rescue Cat have a lot in common. They're both hideously-designed pieces of trash that should never have entered this world and ought to be banned.

[quote name='The Dark One' timestamp='1282541608' post='4556400']
But you were following Patrick's lead, so it clearly must have been the intelligent thing to do!
[/quote]

Good boy.

Yeah, but basically, throw them back in Mexico, finish the border, crack down on the people hiring Illegals to work for them, ect. No reason to kill the Illegal Immigrants. That's for a much worse criminal.

I could give some lecture on how those that live in Africa (most notably the South) are only real ones who have any right to decide if people are there illegally or not, since that's where all humans can trace roots back to.

I'm sure the African Americans wouldn't really agree, after the Spaniards, British, and everybody else who decided to go there didn't exactly ask if they were allowed into the country or not.

If we got rid of all the Immigrants, then they'd be no end of jobs that were vacant, I remember a report where someone said without the immigrants, he wouldn't be able to harvest his crop.

Crab says it all really.

[quote name='Spartaâ„¢' timestamp='1282544132' post='4556488']
Good boy.

Yeah, but basically, throw them back in Mexico, finish the border, crack down on the people hiring Illegals to work for them, ect. No reason to kill the Illegal Immigrants. That's for a much worse criminal.
[/quote]
It's simple. We just send government people to every single person in the country and arrest them. Once we can confirm that they're here legally (through birth or immigration records) we can send them back home. Then we just build a 3,141 kilometer ( I looked it up) barbed wire fence with one checkpoint guarded by HELLHOUNDS to keep any more of those pesky Mexicans out. Also, the government investigates every single company in the country and checks their employment records. This sounds like a perfectly logical and feasible plan without any problems, and in no part of it is the government overstepping its authority.

[quote]
I love how the word "logically" can be spliced into the middle of any sentence to make it sound more reasonable. Watch: "Illegal immigration is a rising problem, so logically we should clone Hitler." See? It sounds so sensible![/quote]
Sig'd.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1282780604' post='4565798']
It's simple. We just send government people to every single person in the country and arrest them. Once we can confirm that they're here legally (through birth or immigration records) we can send them back home. Then we just build a 3,141 kilometer ( I looked it up) barbed wire fence with one checkpoint guarded by HELLHOUNDS to keep any more of those pesky Mexicans out. Also, the government investigates every single company in the country and checks their employment records. This sounds like a perfectly logical and feasible plan without any problems, and in no part of it is the government overstepping its authority.
[/quote]

You forgot- the barbed wire fence must also be electric and guarded by an elaborate system of video cameras. How else can we be absolutely [i]sure[/i] that we can stop illegals?

You know, for some reason, it's almost like the upkeep of this ridiculous, martial-law style barrier would actually cost far more than the damage that illegal immigration is actually doing to the country. But that would just be silly.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='The Dark One' timestamp='1282262308' post='4544481']
Weren't you supposed to be a Christian or something? With morals and all that?

Seriously, f*** you man.

By the way, the real solution to the problem is to get our asses out of Iraq and Afghanistan and instead invade Mexico. Then we can reform the place. There [i]is[/i] a reason why they're coming here you know.
[/quote]
And it's not like they are going to fight back, right?

Actually I'm not even sure if this is a witty response or what I really believe.

Archived