Twilight sucks?

.Frostpaw

I'll admit, before watching Twilight, I thought it was stupid. Why does over 50% of YCM flame members for saying anything positive about the Twilight saga? I mean, when I didn't like Twilight, I respected others' opinions about it, yet most of YCM seems to be incapable of doing the same. :angry:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Zandaa Roaisu' timestamp='1282689259' post='4562192']
Because Twilight completely butchered the name of Vampires. Sparkling? b**** please. Vampires die when they are in the sunlight, don't sparkle and have douche hair.
[/quote]

lul
When was this ever confirmed true? <.<
Unless you've seen a vampire walking in daylight and burning while he's doing so, I don't think it's true.
Also, it's a book. The author can do whatever he/she wants to do with it.

[quote name='General VK-Duelist/Shepard' timestamp='1282776051' post='4565541']
Twilight would be way better if this happened:

[img]http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2010/8/14/634173754627552935-TWILIGHT.jpg[/img]

Movie sucks, book bored and and didn't catch my dog like attention span.
[/quote]

;) oh christ.

Twilight is total bullshit. Twihards get angry and flame when you insult it and bandwagoners who want to "fit in" flame those who complement it, making it a fantastic and abusable example of flame-bait. Have a gander at my thread "The Truth About Vampires", and see how me saying that real vampires sparkle makes everyone flame. Cannibal trolling at it's best.

For the record, Buffy's vampires are the best.

[quote name='Älfred-Kün' timestamp='1282779045' post='4565696']
Twilight is total bullshit. Twihards get angry and flame when you insult it and bandwagoners who want to "fit in" flame those who complement it, making it a fantastic and abusable example of flame-bait. Have a gander at my thread "The Truth About Vampires", and see how me saying that real vampires sparkle makes everyone flame. Cannibal trolling at it's best.

For the record, Buffy's vampires are the best.
[/quote]

True dat. Actually, they are called Twitards.

[quote name='Pikadude' timestamp='1282720435' post='4563591']
If you read the book and NOT the movie, this thread wouldn't exist.
[/quote]

Because we read movies.

I don't like it, because people craze over it for the actors and who is in it. It is like, O EM JEE ROBERT PATTERSON IN A MOVIE I LIEK MUZT WATCH!

imo, it isn't a good representation of vampires :/. Emotional teenagers belong in school with regular teeth and not fighting werewolves.

It's because we're sick and tired of people obsessing over it. Maybe Twilight might actually not have that many haters if fangirls weren't always calling it 'BEST BOOK/MOVIE/ACTORS" of all time. There are heaps loads of movies that should deserve just as much attention as Twilight is getting.

Vampires as decribed by twilight: over emotional teens with way to many persoanalitys that sparkle in sun lighgt and dont die
Vampires as described by cirque du freak: vampires that can only last about an hour in the sun, only drink enough blood to survive, heal there victims after doing it, and knock them out with there breath befire doing it... oh also they can flit (run reallt fast) and they dont live forever, only 10X longer then humans.
Vampires as described by originals!: Pale monsters that suck blood to survive, and die imefiatly in sunlight

now tell me? who makes more sesne? [s]1[/s] 2 or three?

By originals? You can't use that word.....there's so many different versions. There's sort of an accepted version about Vampires, and Stephanie Meyers just stepped too far away for it for fans of Vampires (not the extreme fans I mean) to be comfortable with.

I suppose I dislike the hype around Twilight, give me Eric Northman over Edward Cullen anyday, (Maybe one day I might watch TrueBlood if they haven't made too many adaptions from the books, the actor cast for Eric is very good looking) The series is aimed at a teenage market, I'm no longer a teenager and don't wish to deal with 'teen' angst, give me many attractive males and confusion over them anyday over teen angst.

Love the review you linked FW.

I believe the only Problem here is that a book got to Famous and when everyone looks at something the inevitable is going to happen. If you dont understand what I mean by that than I will give you a example.

- Say you are back in school and For some reason you have a art class, everyone in the class had to draw a picture that was "Unique", Some kid stands up with a drawing and almost immeadiatly you may hear some kids snicker or laugh or insult the kids drawing, after the teacher has the kid explain his work the teacher goes around the room to ask a few kids for there opinion on the drawing. Depending on the kids there may be a few reasonable opinions and there may some half-assed ones like "It sucked" or some other generic response you may get from your average hater. When the teacher gets to you depending on who you are you response could be almost anything.

P.s.
+ Rep if u agree :3

[quote name='Globe Trotter' timestamp='1282823886' post='4567261']
Why base a thread around it? All I have to say is; "Welcome to the internet".
[/quote]

Agreed. It kinda makes me feel Like I put too much time into my post...
U cant argue with my point though, But I kinda wanna see some one try.

Archived