Can you solve my riddle?

Serenity the Candyman

Every time I will put someone solves the riddle, I will post up a new on
Put you answer in a spoiler so that if someone else wants to solve it, they can.
Who ever solves it correctly first gets a rep.

[spoiler=Riddles 1-10]
[spoiler=Riddle #1]
The below is a number puzzle. It should be read left to right, top to bottom.

1 1
2 1
1 2 1 1
1 1 1 2 2 1
? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Question 1: What is the next two rows of numbers?
Question 2: How was this reached?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle#2]
Your last good ping-pong ball fell down into a narrow metal pipe imbedded in concrete one foot deep.
How can you get it out undamaged, if all the tools you have are your tennis paddle, your shoe-laces, and your plastic water bottle, which does not fit into the pipe?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle #3]
Three Palefaces were taken captive by a hostile Indian tribe. According to tribe’s custom they had to pass an intelligence test, or die. The chieftain showed 5 headbands – 2 red and 3 white. The 3 men were blindfolded and positioned one after another, face to back. The chief put a headband on each of their heads, hid two remaining headbands, and removed their blindfolds. So the third man could see the headbands on the two men in front of him, the second man could see the headband on the first, and the first could not see any headbands at all.
According to the rules any one of the three men could speak first and try to guess his headband color. And if he guessed correctly – they passed the test and could go free, if not – they failed. It so happened that all 3 Palefaces were prominent logicians from a nearby academy. So after a few moments of silence, the first man in the line said: "My headband is ...".
What color was his head band? Why?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle #4]
Right now Mum is 21 years older then her child. In 6 years her child will be 5 times younger than she.
Where is Daddy?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle#5]
Three boxes are all labeled incorrectly, and you must get the labels right. The labels on the boxes read as follows:

[box 1] nails
[box 2] screws
[box 3] nails and screws

To gain the information you need to move the labels to the correct boxes, you may remove a single item from one of the boxes. You may not look into the boxes, nor pick them up and shake them, etc.

Can this be done? If so, how? If not, why not?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle #6]
Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives the bellboy $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to split among three people so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totaling $27. The bellboy has another $2, adding up to $29.
Where is the remaining dollar?
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Riddle 7]
There are two kinds of people on a mysterious island. There are so-called Honestants who speak always the truth, and the others are Swindlecants who always lie.
Three fellows (A, B and C) are having a quarrel at the market. A gringo goes by and asks the A fellow: "Are you an Honestant or a Swindlecant?" The answer is incomprehensible so the gringo asks B: "What did A say?" B answers: "A said that he is a Swindlecant." And to that says the fellow C: "Do not believe B, he is lying!"
Who is B and C?
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle # 8]

Afterwards he meets another two aborigines. One says: "I am a Swindlecant or the other one is an Honestant."
Who are they?

[spoiler=Hint for 8th Clue]
Not much of a hint but here it is:
Logical disjunction is a statement "P or Q". Such a disjunction is false if both P and Q are false. In all other cases it is true. Note that in everyday language, use of the word "or" can sometimes mean "either, but not both" (e.g., "would you like tea or coffee?"). In logic, this is called an "exclusive disjunction" or "exclusive or" (xor).
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Riddle #9]
(keeping with the Swindlecants and Honestants story)
Our gringo displeased the sovereign with his intrusive questions and was condemned to death. But there was also a chance to save himself by solving the following logic problem. The gringo was shown two doors - one leading to a scaffold and the second one to freedom (both doors were the same) and only the door guards knew what was behind the doors. The sovereign let the gringo put one question to one guard. And because the sovereign was an honest man he warned that one guard is a Swindlecant.
What question can save the gringo's life?
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Riddle #X]
There was a girl on this island, and everybody wanted her. However, she wanted just a rich swindlecant. If you were a rich swindlecant, how would you convince her saying only one sentence? And what if she wanted a rich honestant (and if you were one). Let us assume for this logic problem that there are only rich or poor people on the island.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Riddle #11]
Alice came across a lion and a unicorn in a forest of forgetfulness. Those two are strange beings. The lion lies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the other days he speaks the truth. The unicorn lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, however the other days of the week he speaks the truth.
Lion: Yesterday I was lying.
Unicorn: So was I.
Which day did they say that?
[/spoiler]

Riddle #12
A teacher thinks of two consecutive numbers between 1 and 10. The first student knows one number and the second student knows the second number. The following exchange takes place:
First: I do not know your number.
Second: Neither do I know your number.
First: Now I know.
What are the 4 solutions of this easy number puzzle?

(For every one you get, you get 1 rep)

good luck.

[spoiler=Riddle solvers]
Sotos =4 riddles
Ātman =3 riddles
Phantom M.C. =2 riddles
Ikatsui =1 riddle
Quiksilver =1 riddle
[/spoiler]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Riddle #3: White.
The third one did not answer immediately, so at least one of the bands must have been white. If the second man had saw a red band, he would have said that he had a white headband, since the third man didn't respond. Therefore, the first man's headband is white.

I must have not explained it right- gimmie a minitue, I'm trying to remember it :P

EDIT: Got it.
The first person's headband is white, because the third man was silent, because he saw at least one white headband. If they were both red, the third man's would have been white. The second man saw the first man's white headband, and since the third man is silent, he didn't know if he was white or red. Since the second man could see the first man's headband and remained silent, the first man's headband is white.

Archived