Can you solve my riddle?

Serenity the Candyman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[color=#1C2837][size=2]"What would you say, if I asked you which is the door to freedom?"[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]If the guard is an Honestant, he would answer correctly, if he was a Swinlecant he would answer correctly, by double-lying, thus negating the lie...[/size][/color][img]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

Sotos has done it +1rep to you
there was a possible of 3 answer:

Indirect question: „Hey you, what would the other guard say, if I asked him where this door leads?“ The answer is always negated.

Tricky question: „Hey you, does an honestant stand at the door to freedom?“ The answer will be YES, if I am asking an honestant who is standing at the door to freedom, or if I am asking a swindlecant standing again at the same door. So I can walk through the door. A similar deduction can be made for negative answer.

Complicated question: „Hey you, what would you say, if I asked you ...?“ An honestant is clear, but a swindlecant should lie. However, he is forced by the question to lie two times and thus speak the truth.

Archived