Dark Magician Girl DEMANDS equality!

Archwing

Bah, Ive been working on alot of "Dark Magician" based cards lately so i might as well post a few. These are some Dark magician Girl cards that relate to Dark magicians support

[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/larharlx/createcard1.jpg[/IMG]
[color="#008080"]You can only activate this card while you control a face-up "Dark Magician Girl". Decrease the ATK of all monsters on your opponents side of the field by the number of face-up Spell Cards on the field x500 untill the End Phase of your turn.[/color]
(Not crazy about the name, feel free to throw ideas my way)

[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7614/121928.jpg[/img]
[color="#00BFFF"]You can only activate this card while you control a face-up "Dark Magician Girl". Your opponent cannot select a monster with "Dark Magician" in it's name as an attack target. Each time your opponent activates a Spell Card, Increase your Life Points by 500. During the End Phase, you can discard 1 Spell card from your hand to keep this card on the field for 1 more turn.[/color]

These are both pretty basic but they are ment to be her equivalent to Dark magicians support spells. (which were pretty basic)

[img]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4859/121928z.jpg[/img]
[color="#9932CC"]This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand or Deck by offering 1 "Dark Magician Girl" on your side of the field as a Tribute when you succeed in the effect of "Time Wizard". As long as this card remains Face-up on your side of the field once per turn you may special summon 1 card with "Dark Magician" in its name from your Deck.[/color]
(Dark Magician Girls equivalent to Dark Sage)

[img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4674/121928h.jpg[/img]
[color="#800080"]This cards name is treated as "Dark Magician Knight" while in your Deck or hand. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Knight's Title". When this card is Special Summoned successfully, you can select and destroy up to 3 Spell or Trap Cards on the field.[/color]
( I tried to think of a better name, I really did... Please if you think of a better name tell me)

And halloween is coming up so
[img]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/531/121928k.jpg[/img]
[color="#FF8C00"]This cards name is treated as "Dark Magician Girl" while on the field. Increase the ATK and DEF of all DARK monsters on the field by 200. During your Main Phase you can tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" monster from your hand.[/color]

More well come soon, along with another post for Dark Magician (As in the guy) support cards

Rate, Hate, Comment

Not to hate, but Dark Magic Healing is merely an improved version of

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060927002105/yugioh/images/6/60/Sage%27sStoneROD-EN-ScR.jpg[/img]

However, the other two cards are interesting. Unfortunately, Dark Sage is nearly impossible to get out consistently and so is Dark Prophet. Also, its effect is not nearly as powerful as Sage's, as Spell Cards are much harder to pull than monsters.

Oh wow, i didnt even know there was a card like that o_O I tried to look it up on yu gi oh wiki but when i got on my virus blocker started going Crazy so i decided it might be safer to stay off it for a while
[quote]However, the other two cards are interesting. Unfortunately, Dark Sage is nearly impossible to get out consistently and so is Dark Prophet. Also, its effect is not nearly as powerful as Sage's, as Spell Cards are much harder to pull than monsters.

[/quote]
Eh, I guess, i might update the effects [s]in a bit[/s] Tomarrow, its late over here =_=
Thanks for the rate ^_^

[quote]Dark Rose Magician = Might be a better name, or Dark Magicain Rose Warrior, b/c Dark Magician Knight is a warrior, just a few catchy names might help.

[/quote]
Hmm, Rose Warrior makes me think of blackrose dragon so i might want to avoid that =/
But thanks for the comment and ideas, I like the idea and might use it later...

[quote]Yay for "Dark Magician" monsters, i remember when "Dark Magician" used to be the best and everyone would talk about him until all these new cards came out sadness, but good thing your bringing this up

[/quote]

Old cards can be awesome if uesd right. I personally think all these overpowered synchros and overpowered archtypes *Cough*[color="#F5DEB3"]Blackwings[/color]*Cough* are gonna be the downfall of Yu-Gi-Oh, Everyone is just gonna use the newest, cheapest archtype....
I miss fighting people who had Dark Magician Decks or the generic Water or Dragon deck.....

Lets see here...

You need to fix up your OCG just a little bit. Fixes are in bold (except the names)

[b]Dark Magic Burst[/b]
[color="#000000"][b]
[/b][b]You can only activate this card while you control a face-up [/b]"Dark Magician Girl". Decrease the ATK of all monsters on your opponents side of the field by the number of face-up Spell [b]C[/b]ards on the field x300 untill the End Phase of your turn.[/color]

To be honest, this card isn't all that useful. It requires face-up Spell Cards to be of any use. As far as I know, Dark Magician Decks don't utilize Continuous Spell Cards, or any kind of Spell Card that remains face-up on the field. Unless someone wants to prove me wrong otherwise (which I might be).

[b]Dark Magic Barrier

[/b][b]You can only activate this card while you control a face-up[/b] "Dark Magician Girl". Your opponent cannot select a monster with "Dark Magician" in it's name as an attack target. [b]E[/b]ach time your opponent activates a Spell [b]C[/b]ard, Increase your Life [b]P[/b]oints by 500. During the End Phase[b], [/b]you can discard 1 Spell card from your hand to keep this card on the field for 1 more turn.

This card would make a lot more sense if it was a Continuous Spell, which I recommend you change this card to. The LP gain is kinda unnecessary since it already prevents your opponent from attacking your Dark Magician monsters, and makes this card a bit more Op'ed than it needs to be. If you do remove the LP Gain and the End Phase effect, I would give your card a cost for the attack restrict effect to balance it out.

[b]Dark Prophet

[/b][b]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. [/b]This card [b]can only[/b] be Special Summoned from your hand or Deck by [b]Tributing[/b] 1 "Dark Magician Girl" on your side of the field when you succeed in the effect of "Time Wizard". [b]O[/b]nce per turn, [b]during your Main Phase, [/b] you [b]can[/b] [b]S[/b]pecial [b]S[/b]ummon 1 [b]monster [/b]with "Dark Magician" in it's name from your Deck.

Not really playable. It has the same summoning requirement as the Dark Sage (bad thing), but it's effect is a lot more useful IMO, even though it's somewhat Op'ed. It would be majorly Op'ed if it weren't for it's summoning condition. Anyways it's a nice card, but like I said, it's not very playable (mainly due to summoning requirements).

[b]Dark Magician Girl Knight

[/b]This cards name is treated as "Dark Magician Knight" while in your Deck or hand. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Knight's Title". [b]When [/b]this card is Special Summoned successfully, [b]you can select and destroy up to 3 Spell or Trap Cards on the field. [/b][b]
[/b]
It's effect is the same as XX-Saber Hyunlei's. Pretty useful, but outside of that, it's just a 2400 ATK beatstick. Nothing special.

Overall your cards are decent, but I think you could do a lot better than this Archwing.

Anyways your rating is...6.5 out of 10. Keep trying though :)

[b]
[/b]

[quote]Dark Magic Barrier's a... Counter Spell? What[/quote]
..... My brother lied to me again about what things mean on cards didnt he? =_=
May i ask why its wierd that its a counter spell? Counter spells can only be acitvated why your opponent uses a spell or trap card, so if your opponent uses an equip card or trap card while their attacking you could use this.

[quote name='Archwing' timestamp='1287933032' post='4731873']
Old cards can be awesome if uesd right. I personally think all these overpowered synchros and overpowered archtypes *Cough*[color="#F5DEB3"]Blackwings[/color]*Cough* are gonna be the downfall of Yu-Gi-Oh, Everyone is just gonna use the newest, cheapest archtype....
I miss fighting people who had Dark Magician Decks or the generic Water or Dragon deck.....
[/quote]

That's why I started playing Magic...

Not hating on Yugioh, but it's very limited in comparison to some other trading card games.

Anyway, interesting cards. I've always liked spellcasters, though I've never made a deck; machines are more my style of play :D

Archived