My 2 Cents (Must Read)

Enma Ai

Okay, I am going to rant about YCm, if you dont like rants then GTFO. Anyway, I am here today to comment on the slowly dieing YCM. I am going to outline a few points below, but first let me say this, I have been a very active member here until some certain update pissed off a certain number of people (the forum software update). So I know this site a lot, dont comment saying "GTFO noob" or "tl;dr" or whatever it is you people say. Okay, lets start my long and detailed rant;

1. The forum software (obviousley): I personally have nothing against IPB but for a community like this, a business styled forum is not the best choice. When we used MyBB everyone was happy and knew what to do, you only got the occasional new member asking for help like "How to edit sig or add avatar" etc. Everyone experienced no problems, except slowdowns caused by the server, which had nothing to do with the MyBB forum software. When we had MyBB we had the points and rep system the best they could have been, But the new IPB, the rep system is broken, it is therefore, useless, Rep with MyBB had some meaning (I remember when DeMeNtEd (or whatever his name was) was the first member to reach 1000 reps and he must have been very f***ing happy. Now people can reach 100 in a metter of weeks, maybe days if enough people press the "+" button at the bottom of posts, this also promotes rep spamming, as its now harder to track reps. I left a day after IPB was installed, and returned 2 days ago, hoping that the site would have been returned to its MyBB state. But unfortunately that is not the case. I am not a big fan of the inbuilt twitter thing on the profiles, although useful, can be accomplished with MyBB, while of course, keeping MyBB. I just saying that this new forum software is flawed and broken, I had hope for it at the start, but returning 2 months later and all that has changed is that people got their points back, I have lost hope. Just a side note, the mods seem unhappy as well, as they find it difficult to navigate the Mod CP (thats what i hear anyway)

2. Members: This is partially related to the forum software, after the switch, many members left, some may have returned, but i know a lot who left. We also need new members, a lot of them, YCMaker or Falling Pizza have to advertise this website elsewhere and attract new members, and stop hoping people type in "how to make a yugioh card online" into google and coming across this site. Which leads me to a small point, i believe the Card Maker should be for registered members only, this encourages people to post and show off their card as they spent the time registering, and turns away all the lazy a******s who dont register, and contribute nothing to the site, but still gets the cardmaker. This leads me to my next point.

3. The Cardmaker: The current cardmaker needs a major graphical and feature overhaul, we have been using the same system for too long, you need to update the cardmaker at least 2-3 times a year. Even if it is small updates, im sure everyone agrees that the cards need to look better and some errors on it need to be fixed. Bullet points and other languages need to be supported also, if not, then the Japanese language should be an option. Or you could offer a translator so people could have a translator at their convenience. And as i said before, would be great of it was for registered members only. YCMaker must concentrate on the main feature of this site instead of adding new sections that are never posted in *cough*, and wasting time and money for themes that look identical to the default IPB theme, all you did was change colour and add the YCM logo, which is worse than the original IMO, we need the original logo or a new one, made by someone who knows how to design. Maybe hold a site contest =]

4. Features: This is last on the list because it is least important, This site needs new features, new contests (held by the admin, Who misses awards???!!!) and much more that would make the site feel a lot more sociable, The admin needs to actually get involved somehow in this site, otherwise, appoint someone to get these kind of things going. The more topics like that we get, the more activity we get, the more active / likely to stay active members we get. Halloween, Xmas and Easter contests are not enough, and are quite frankly, boring. We need more interactivity on this site between Staff (admins) and Members.

5. Moderators: This is my final point. The moderator team right now from what i can see is in shambles. I understand that most are inactive / do nothing but love their "Moderator" status in this site, and feel it is an accomplishment. While there are very good mods like Browa and Blood Rose, some mods need to be removed. Mods that do not contribute anything should be de-modded and re-entitled the status "Member", or at least "Former mod", but i dont think that group exists anymore. As a result of the mods being de-modded, new and better, more active mods should be appointed, the last thing we want is another thread like "Post here and you can haz be mod", Study the members, look over their posts, and observe their attitude to see weather they are fit to be a mod, proceed with asking them to be a mod, if the accept, then good, if they decline, then search again, but only appoint mods you know will work, and wont have long periods of inactivity, unless otherwise stated.

Well, that's all I wanted to say, I hope you read it all and agree / disagree. Please post comments as I would like to hear them. Also, the only good thing that happened to this site in the last 3-4 months is that the rules were re-written. Please comment, this is just my opinion, I do not represent the opinion of others as they may take offense. Thankyou for reading, If you post tl;dr I will neg rep you (lol yeah right xD, What will that do!)

EDIT: We need more "YAYZORZ, I GOTZ MAH 5000 POSTZ!!!!!1!!!!!ONE!!!!!" but unfortunately, not enoguh threads to post in unless you bump old threads =]

EDIT#2: Everyone who reads this and comments constructively on it gets a rep lol =]

/rant

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='♪miura♪' timestamp='1289515723' post='4777616']
I stopped reading after number 1 because I already agree with you :)
[/quote]

Well you should read some more because you will agree even more that before =]

Thanks for actually reading it though...

[quote name='$super**$star**$silver timestamp='1289516668' post='4777657']
i've read this too, it was quite interesting imo
[/quote]

Thankyou, I would like people to read this thread and comment what they think and see is their anything they say that counters any of my arguments made above =]

Also, just general comments are nice =]

1. Yes, the new software is (in most cases) not better than the old one, be it the performance or the design. It screwed up the Rep system, I agree. But is that all? Seriously, I don't want to say "GTFO noob", but I think complaining about that at [i]this[/i] point doesn't make much sense anymore. I've adjusted to that, you can do that as well, if you're willing to, that is. I also think the new software wasn't exactly cheap... I'll come to that in a minute.

2. I guess (and this is only an assumption) that YCMaker and Falling Pizza have more important things to do than advertising a forum in their freetime (Hey, I don't know it, but I don't think they get paid for running this site :blink: ), while it still [i]has a s***load of members![/i] I did go outside just now and looked: 200 active members. At the same time. 200! In other forums I'm active they can only [i]dream[/i] about this number. Over 500 guests (potential members that don't need ads anymore) are in as well. If you want to really attract members, you don't have to do advertisement, but, as you mentioned, you need to make a registration mandatory, to get those 500 guests over. Though I personally would hate that (as a guest), the number of registered users would probably go up...

3 (and partly 4). Yeah... can you provide the time (=money) for that? I mean, yes, an update would be nice, but as long as it [i]works[/i] (and perfectly fine), I find it to be pretty reckless to concentrate on bringing a stupid DOT in the card maker rather than, for example, fixing the PM system (you know, this thing where whole conversations take cover behind blue walls) or the server itself (which seems to be glitching out lately)... if you have a suggestion, fine, make a thread about it here, but I'd suggest adjusting the tone a bit.

5 (and partly 4). That's a point I have to agree with you (finally... though your other points aren't [i]wrong[/i], but you should adjust your tone and priorities). The moderators on this site... are they even there? I see JoshIcy... yeah, and that's about it (though I don't frequent the other sections that much). The others spam once in a while (that's how you have to call it in some cases), close a thread here or there, but are they [i]present[/i]? I know that the job is not easy and time consuming (I did it once, though in a way smaller forum than this), but if you can't do it properly, don't do it and give the responisbility to someone who does it. So yeah, you're totally right on this topic, but I doubt much will change in the near future. As you could've guessed, I'm a pessimist <_<

[spoiler=Read][quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289515090' post='4777592']
1. The forum software (obviousley): I personally have nothing against IPB but for a community like this, a business styled forum is not the best choice. When we used MyBB everyone was happy and knew what to do, you only got the occasional new member asking for help like "How to edit sig or add avatar" etc.

[b]Not everyone knew what to do, even now. We'll always get newbs who asks how to post cards, how to edit sig, how to add avatars, etc...[/b]

Everyone experienced no problems, except slowdowns caused by the server, which had nothing to do with the MyBB forum software.

[b]I may have misread/confused my memories, but I remember this lag issue that was caused by MyBB.[/b]

When we had MyBB we had the points and rep system the best they could have been, But the new IPB, the rep system is broken, it is therefore, useless, Rep with MyBB had some meaning (I remember when DeMeNtEd (or whatever his name was) was the first member to reach 1000 reps and he must have been very f***ing happy. Now people can reach 100 in a metter of weeks, maybe days if enough people press the "+" button at the bottom of posts, this also promotes rep spamming, as its now harder to track reps.

[b]We've always had rep spamming, and I thought there was a rep limit(as far as I know). To be honest, I don't really care for points and reps other than that they're used as rewards for contests. [/b]

I left a day after IPB was installed, and returned 2 days ago, hoping that the site would have been returned to its MyBB state. But unfortunately that is not the case. I am not a big fan of the inbuilt twitter thing on the profiles, although useful, can be accomplished with MyBB, while of course, keeping MyBB. I just saying that this new forum software is flawed and broken, I had hope for it at the start, but returning 2 months later and all that has changed is that people got their points back, I have lost hope. Just a side note, the mods seem unhappy as well, as they find it difficult to navigate the Mod CP (thats what i hear anyway)

[b]This is the first paragraph I actually agree with.[/b]

2. Members: This is partially related to the forum software, after the switch, many members left, some may have returned, but i know a lot who left. We also need new members, a lot of them, YCMaker or Falling Pizza have to advertise this website elsewhere and attract new members, and stop hoping people type in "how to make a yugioh card online" into google and coming across this site.

[b][url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/228012-make-more-ads-get-more-users/"]Read This Thread.[/url][/b]

[b]I actually found this site by googling *yugioh card maker*. It's surprising how many people have done that(ask around, you'll found some people).[/b]

Which leads me to a small point, i believe the Card Maker should be for registered members only, this encourages people to post and show off their card as they spent the time registering, and turns away all the lazy a******s who dont register, and contribute nothing to the site, but still gets the cardmaker. This leads me to my next point.

[b]Don't you need to register to save cards?(correct me if I'm wrong) Ehh, it's fine as it is now.[/b]

3. The Cardmaker: The current cardmaker needs a major graphical and feature overhaul, we have been using the same system for too long, you need to update the cardmaker at least 2-3 times a year. Even if it is small updates, im sure everyone agrees that the cards need to look better and some errors on it need to be fixed. Bullet points and other languages need to be supported also, if not, then the Japanese language should be an option. Or you could offer a translator so people could have a translator at their convenience. And as i said before, would be great of it was for registered members only. YCMaker must concentrate on the main feature of this site instead of adding new sections that are never posted in *cough*, and wasting time and money for themes that look identical to the default IPB theme, all you did was change colour and add the YCM logo, which is worse than the original IMO, we need the original logo or a new one, made by someone who knows how to design. Maybe hold a site contest =]

[b]I don't use the card maker that much, so I can't really comment here, but it's not like we have competition. Isn't this the only yugioh card making site? Or is there another one.[/b]

4. Features: This is last on the list because it is least important, This site needs new features, new contests (held by the admin, Who misses awards???!!!) and much more that would make the site feel a lot more sociable, The admin needs to actually get involved somehow in this site, otherwise, appoint someone to get these kind of things going. The more topics like that we get, the more activity we get, the more active / likely to stay active members we get. Halloween, Xmas and Easter contests are not enough, and are quite frankly, boring. We need more interactivity on this site between Staff (admins) and Members.

[b]You went from saying you want new features(which you didn't really describe as much) to having more contests and then to YCMaker needing to be more active.

I don't think staff needs to interact more. The point of the mods is to [s]kill[/s] ban rule breakers, make rules, and etc. As long as they're modding properly, they're good. [/b]

5. Moderators: This is my final point. The moderator team right now from what i can see is in shambles. I understand that most are inactive / do nothing but love their "Moderator" status in this site, and feel it is an accomplishment. While there are very good mods like Browa and Blood Rose[b](Blood Rose?)[/b], some mods need to be removed. Mods that do not contribute anything should be de-modded and re-entitled the status "Member", or at least "Former mod", but i dont think that group exists anymore. As a result of the mods being de-modded, new and better, more active mods should be appointed, the last thing we want is another thread like "Post here and you can haz be mod", Study the members, look over their posts, and observe their attitude to see weather they are fit to be a mod, proceed with asking them to be a mod, if the accept, then good, if they decline, then search again, but only appoint mods you know will work, and wont have long periods of inactivity, unless otherwise stated.

[b]They already do all of that except demodding inactive mods.[/b]

Well, that's all I wanted to say, I hope you read it all and agree / disagree. Please post comments as I would like to hear them. Also, the only good thing that happened to this site in the last 3-4 months is that the rules were re-written. Please comment, this is just my opinion, I do not represent the opinion of others as they may take offense. Thankyou for reading, If you post tl;dr I will neg rep you (lol yeah right xD, What will that do!)

/rant
[/quote][/spoiler]

Those from the MyBB age already know all of this. I don't see the point of making a rant about it. I'm sure several members, maybe even a mod, have asked YCMaker to switch back. If you want some change, go talk to those who can actually make change.

There's been many instances where people start screaming out "YCM IS DIEING!111!1OMG", but all of them have been false. As far as I can see, YCM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1289517224' post='4777680']
I've spoken with a number of "veteran" members that left and a majority of them used the switch as their excuse to leave.

Why not rant in the Leaving/Returning Thread for your final post?
[/quote]

This isnt my final post, i never said that, so it doesnt need to be in the leaving / returning thread.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1289517386' post='4777686']
1. Yes, the new software is (in most cases) not better than the old one, be it the performance or the design. It screwed up the Rep system, I agree. But is that all? Seriously, I don't want to say "GTFO noob", but I think complaining about that at [i]this[/i] point doesn't make much sense anymore. I've adjusted to that, you can do that as well, if you're willing to, that is. I also think the new software wasn't exactly cheap... I'll come to that in a minute.
[b]
Its not just adjusting to it, it feels more business related, like a forum a company would use. The old theme from MyBB was nice and simple, and a month or 2 after a new themes release which everyone was longing for, we switched software.[/b]

2. I guess (and this is only an assumption) that YCMaker and Falling Pizza have more important things to do than advertising a forum in their freetime (Hey, I don't know it, but I don't think they get paid for running this site :blink: ), while it still [i]has a s***load of members![/i] I did go outside just now and looked: 200 active members. At the same time. 200! In other forums I'm active they can only [i]dream[/i] about this number. Over 500 guests (potential members that don't need ads anymore) are in as well. If you want to really attract members, you don't have to do advertisement, but, as you mentioned, you need to make a registration mandatory, to get those 500 guests over. Though I personally would hate that (as a guest), the number of registered users would probably go up...

[b]Hire people to advertise. Were you at this site a few years ago, there used to be hundreds logged in (on MyBB they had highest logged in at once was around 1000 and there was always over 1000 guests hence, slowly dieing. More registered user = more posts = more activity[/b]

3 (and partly 4). Yeah... can you provide the time (=money) for that? I mean, yes, an update would be nice, but as long as it [i]works[/i] (and perfectly fine), I find it to be pretty reckless to concentrate on bringing a stupid DOT in the card maker rather than, for example, fixing the PM system (you know, this thing where whole conversations take cover behind blue walls) or the server itself (which seems to be glitching out lately)... if you have a suggestion, fine, make a thread about it here, but I'd suggest adjusting the tone a bit.

[b]Its not just about a dot, that was an example, the cardmaker needs a lot of updates, at LEAST a dot would make people happy, YCMaker could do so much more with the cardmaker, or hire someone to do it for him. I think my tone is fine... Im voicing my opinion, not making a suggestion, but you can see it that way i guess.
[/b]
5 (and partly 4). That's a point I have to agree with you (finally... though your other points aren't [i]wrong[/i], but you should adjust your tone and priorities). The moderators on this site... are they even there? I see JoshIcy... yeah, and that's about it (though I don't frequent the other sections that much). The others spam once in a while (that's how you have to call it in some cases), close a thread here or there, but are they [i]present[/i]? I know that the job is not easy and time consuming (I did it once, though in a way smaller forum than this), but if you can't do it properly, don't do it and give the responisbility to someone who does it. So yeah, you're totally right on this topic, but I doubt much will change in the near future. As you could've guessed, I'm a pessimist <_<

[b]Get rid of inactive mods, Get more mods. There are plenty of active and skilled members here fit to be mods.. but no, YCMaker insists on keeping frunk a mod (i think he is still a mod, not sure though)[/b]
[/quote]

[b]Get rid of inactive mods, Get more mods. There are plenty of active and skilled members here fit to be mods.. but no, YCMaker insists on keeping frunk a mod (i think he is still a mod, not sure though)[/b]

[quote name='Twig' timestamp='1289517416' post='4777688']
[spoiler=Read][/spoiler]

Those from the MyBB age already know all of this. I don't see the point of making a rant about it. I'm sure several members, maybe even a mod, have asked YCMaker to switch back. If you want some change, go talk to those who can actually make change.

There's been many instances where people start screaming out "YCM IS DIEING!111!1OMG", but all of them have been false. As far as I can see, YCM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
[b]
[/b]
[/quote]

If i sent this message to YCMaker he wouldnt read it, just like every other message he receives. Not only doesnt he take part in his own forum, he doesnt read PM's and posts only in the announcement section. And trust me, YCM is dieing, compare last years stats to this years, you will find a significant decrease.

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289518341' post='4777727']
If i sent this message to YCMaker he wouldnt read it, just like every other message he receives. Not only doesnt he take part in his own forum, he doesnt read PM's and posts only in the announcement section. And trust me, YCM is dieing, compare last years stats to this years, you will find a significant decrease.
[/quote]

Yeah, a little club called YCMthropology sent YCMaker about the mod issue, and he DID reply by asking for mod suggestions.

Also, the highest amount of people online at once was during the time in the IBP forum with 2166 users. Umm...decrease?

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289518341' post='4777727']
This isnt my final post, i never said that, so it doesnt need to be in the leaving / returning thread.

[/quote]
You ignored the first part of my sentence... <_<

I'm saying you should leave the site if you're going to complain.

How do you expect YCMaker to pay for new designs, advertisers, and such?

The Mod team is the best its been since I first joined....each section has a fairly dedicated Mod, and even General is toning down thanks to MarbleZone.

[quote name= 'Tainted Prophecy']
If i sent this message to YCMaker he wouldnt read it, just like every other message he receives. Not only doesnt he take part in his own forum, he doesnt read PM's and posts only in the announcement section. And trust me, YCM is dieing, compare last years stats to this years, you will find a significant decrease. [/quote]
I'd rather have no n00bs and no server lag than increasing forum stats. =/

[spoiler=Read]1. The forum software (obviousley): I personally have nothing against IPB but for a community like this, a business styled forum is not the best choice. When we used MyBB everyone was happy and knew what to do, you only got the occasional new member asking for help like "How to edit sig or add avatar" etc.

[b]Not everyone knew what to do, even now. We'll always get newbs who asks how to post cards, how to edit sig, how to add avatars, etc...[/b]

[u]There is much more than before.[/u]

Everyone experienced no problems, except slowdowns caused by the server, which had nothing to do with the MyBB forum software.

[b]I may have misread/confused my memories, but I remember this lag issue that was caused by MyBB.[/b]

[u]It wasnt caused by MyBB, it as ALL server related.[/u]

When we had MyBB we had the points and rep system the best they could have been, But the new IPB, the rep system is broken, it is therefore, useless, Rep with MyBB had some meaning (I remember when DeMeNtEd (or whatever his name was) was the first member to reach 1000 reps and he must have been very f***ing happy. Now people can reach 100 in a metter of weeks, maybe days if enough people press the "+" button at the bottom of posts, this also promotes rep spamming, as its now harder to track reps.

[b]We've always had rep spamming, and I thought there was a rep limit(as far as I know). To be honest, I don't really care for points and reps other than that they're used as rewards for contests. [/b]
[u]
There is no rep limit anymore i think the reward contests are the only place where YCMaker posted other than announcements and now the awards are no more[/u]

I left a day after IPB was installed, and returned 2 days ago, hoping that the site would have been returned to its MyBB state. But unfortunately that is not the case. I am not a big fan of the inbuilt twitter thing on the profiles, although useful, can be accomplished with MyBB, while of course, keeping MyBB. I just saying that this new forum software is flawed and broken, I had hope for it at the start, but returning 2 months later and all that has changed is that people got their points back, I have lost hope. Just a side note, the mods seem unhappy as well, as they find it difficult to navigate the Mod CP (thats what i hear anyway)

[b]This is the first paragraph I actually agree with.[/b]

2. Members: This is partially related to the forum software, after the switch, many members left, some may have returned, but i know a lot who left. We also need new members, a lot of them, YCMaker or Falling Pizza have to advertise this website elsewhere and attract new members, and stop hoping people type in "how to make a yugioh card online" into google and coming across this site.

[b]I actually found this site by googling *yugioh card maker*. It's surprising how many people have done that(ask around, you'll found some people).[/b]

[u]Same thing, but you cant just rely on that, there are better ways to get members.[/u]

Which leads me to a small point, i believe the Card Maker should be for registered members only, this encourages people to post and show off their card as they spent the time registering, and turns away all the lazy a******s who dont register, and contribute nothing to the site, but still gets the cardmaker. This leads me to my next point.

[b]Don't you need to register to save cards?(correct me if I'm wrong) Ehh, it's fine as it is now.[/b]

[u]Yes you need to register to save cards but you can still make and save to desktop etc. they are refered to as "Leeches"[/u]

[b]I don't use the card maker that much, so I can't really comment here, but it's not like we have competition. Isn't this the only yugioh card making site? Or is there another one.[/b]

[u]There are plenty of cardmakers out there, granted there are only 1 or 2 in competition with YCM, YCM still needs to update.[/u]

[b]You went from saying you want new features(which you didn't really describe as much) to having more contests and then to YCMaker needing to be more active.

I don't think staff needs to interact more. The point of the mods is to kill ban rule breakers, make rules, and etc. As long as they're modding properly, they're good. [/b]

[u]Yes, YCMaker needs to be active, along with mods, if you became a mod, would you stop posting? no, you would still pist like a normal member like a mod and admin should, this is the first site i was on that had an admin ground that didnt give a s*** about the sites members.[/u]

5. Moderators: This is my final point. The moderator team right now from what i can see is in shambles. I understand that most are inactive / do nothing but love their "Moderator" status in this site, and feel it is an accomplishment. While there are very good mods like Browa and Blood Rose[b](Blood Rose?)[/b], some mods need to be removed. Mods that do not contribute anything should be de-modded and re-entitled the status "Member", or at least "Former mod", but i dont think that group exists anymore. As a result of the mods being de-modded, new and better, more active mods should be appointed, the last thing we want is another thread like "Post here and you can haz be mod", Study the members, look over their posts, and observe their attitude to see weather they are fit to be a mod, proceed with asking them to be a mod, if the accept, then good, if they decline, then search again, but only appoint mods you know will work, and wont have long periods of inactivity, unless otherwise stated.

[b]They already do all of that except demodding inactive mods.[/b]

[u]Blood Rose... Yin or Yang or whatever her name is now.. cant remember. I know they do that, but remember for the video games section, they posted a thread asking for members to apply to be a mod[/u]. [u]They shouldnt do that[/u]

/rant

Couldnt add that in, i got an error but here it is, and yeah, maybe an increase, im not exactly sure on the members, but im 100% positive the site is declining in activity.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1289519295' post='4777767']
You ignored the first part of my sentence... <_<

I'm saying you should leave the site if you're going to complain.

How do you expect YCMaker to pay for new designs, advertisers, and such?

The Mod team is the best its been since I first joined....each section has a fairly dedicated Mod, and even General is toning down thanks to MarbleZone.
[/quote]

1. He makes a lot of money from all the ads on this site. And he could just so happen to afford IPB, so yeah, advertisers are not going to waste his money, and its not that expensive to hire an advertiser anyway.

2. The mod team right now is very bad, there are about 4-5 good mods. the rest are either inactive, dont mod, or are very ... ehh..."bad" towards members.

After skimming, one thing I do agree on is the Card Maker needing an update. I mean, normally we would have to edit the cards themselves in order to add a Gold Template, Gold Sticket, Holo Background and whatnot. It'd be much easier if the Card Maker already had these things built-in. Sure it'll screw over a few Shops that specialize on things like these, but I think they'll be able to understand and just continue on with their shop.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1289521840' post='4777896']
After skimming, one thing I do agree on is the Card Maker needing an update. I mean, normally we would have to edit the cards themselves in order to add a Gold Template, Gold Sticket, Holo Background and whatnot. It'd be much easier if the Card Maker already had these things built-in. Sure it'll screw over a few Shops that specialize on things like these, but I think they'll be able to understand and just continue on with their shop.
[/quote]

I agree, but if people are smart enough, they can always make something better than something else, for example, if gold boarders are added to the cardmaker, a shop will sell better gold boarders. But the option will still be available to have a default gold boarder which is what a majority of people would use.

1) The mods have begged him to move back to MyBB, no dice. No rant needed. You wasted that time.

2) The point of the website IS the cardmaker, understand that. Nothing else takes anywhere near priority, and if YCMaker sees a drop in site hits a day, he'll do something to change that.

3) There are some fixes that would be nice (such as a PHP code for justified text; which has been needed since it's second incarnation), but the current style keeps load times on cards low and memory low while still being very tolerable. The rest is entirely opinionated.

4) See point 1. Same thing only that they can only happen under MyBB from what we understand.

5) You know nothing on that area, and it will not be elaborated. Hush please.

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289523712' post='4778012']
I agree, but if people are smart enough, they can always make something better than something else, for example, if gold boarders are added to the cardmaker, a shop will sell better gold boarders. But the option will still be available to have a default gold boarder which is what a majority of people would use.
[/quote]

Yea .. This defeats the purpose of shops. The points and rep system worked perfectly. It was a lot like D2JSP's forum gold and rep system. I am hoping that YCM changes back to MyBB. :/ Really switching to IPB is counter-productive.

1) The mod team has been telling YCMaker that we need to switch back for two and a half months now, because IP.Board broke a lot of things that regular members can't see. YCMaker's response was... to go into hibernation, I think.

2) What YCM really needs is more people so stupid that they pay attention to ads on the internet. Surely that will improve the site!

3) Making people register to make cards at all will probably decrease member inflow; letting people play with the cardmaker and then making them register to save cards helps draw them in, while many people won't register just to try the maker if they haven't seen it at all.

4) YCMaker is too comatose to fix the legitimate problems with the site, and your complaint is that he doesn't throw enough parties?

5) Obviously, those moderators who aren't doing anything are destroying the site with their not-doing-anything-ness. Somehow, moving them from the moderators group to the members group will magically transform the site, since their titles have such a high upkeep cost.

You, sir, are a noisy fool.

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289523712' post='4778012']
[/quote]
Either way, wouldn't hurt to add these things to the Card Maker. Rather than ordering and waiting a few days / weeks for someone to give your card in holo / gold rare. Or rather than buying a template that does these things. Fixing squished up text wouldn't hurt anyone as well. Hate when that happens. It makes me feel like I'm giving a Tuner Monster like, a Level 6 monster that has a giant ass effect, when it actually doesn't.

[quote name='Skirts' timestamp='1289523913' post='4778026']
Yea .. This defeats the purpose of shops. The points and rep system worked perfectly. It was a lot like D2JSP's forum gold and rep system. I am hoping that YCM changes back to MyBB. :/ Really switching to IPB is counter-productive.
[/quote]
I actually like IPB more then MyBB. The old points and rep system? To be honest, I hated it. Sometimes people were too lazy to give you reps because they had to go on your profile, and then do it. With the new rep system, all you have to do is + or - the post, then BAM. Your done. The points system, I never / barely used during MyBB, and I barely use it now.

China called. They want their wall back.

On a serious note, I agree with most of what has been said. Although I can't give my opinion on the old forum, since I came after the switch, it must be better than this. From what I've heard, anyway.

New Mods are needed. But that is what YCMtrhopology or whatever it was called is for.

I doubt YCMaker is going to do anything, though <_<

If we want to make ads so much, why not just advertise in other places without YCMakers knowledge? /Maybe a stupid idea.

I have experienced a Rep Spam before...although I am not complaining, it does make it to easy to get tons of Reps. Therefore, they mean nothing.

This was a very well thought out thought. Impressed. I hope that YCMaker actually takes this into consideration, let alone read it.

This also reminds me of something I read the other day...

[quote] How dare you wright a well thought out and expressful statement! We don't want your kind here![/quote] /not what I am thinking.

To be honest, I think the new, current YCM is better than the older version. Sure the older version had a few things that were better than the new versions of it now (no, not the points / rep system), but overall, I like this new YCM much better than before. This one rarely gets server shutdowns / whatever the name may be rather than the old YCM had, which really did bug me one too many times. The only few things I do miss though are being able to edit Spoiler Titles, I guess that little black dot that states which topics you have posted in (even though the way they show it now isn't that bad either) and Topic Drafts. Oh how I miss Topic Drafts.

1) The mods have been in discussions about the possibility of switching back to MyBB, however YCMaker or FP have yet to really contribute. The new system has caused serious modding issues to the point all mods now have to access the admin cp to be able to do much of what they could do previously like warn more than 3 times the same member. And also warnings for offenses seem to be far too low in some cases or too high in others.
2) We do not need new members, those methods of advertising might just encourage yet more spammers. We have enough already.
3) The awards are roughly 1 each 6 months.
4) I admit we could do with demoting inactive mods. We already have what I consider too many mods, but doing changes with mod won't sort the site out. A more active admin would work better.
5) Actually since we've switched we've probably had a larger total of downtime than we would have had on MyBB, it was daily, but not usually more than an hour, since the change you're looking at several hours when it does go down. Well it feels like it.

Archived