My 2 Cents (Must Read)

Enma Ai

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='GHawk' timestamp='1289612191' post='4780207']
This is my opinion; this was [u][b]way[/b][/u] to lo[u][b]n[/b][/u]g for me (no homo). So, I didn't read it [u][b]but[/b][/u] I have something to say. ;D

+1 post count
[/quote]

Oh Really!!!? I have something to say as well... Spam.

by the way; i corrected your bad grammar. =P

and like i said at the start, if its too long and your not going to read it then gtfo and stay out.

Oh, I almost forgot,

+1

[quote name='TheComposer' timestamp='1289625658' post='4780790']
The point I agree with most is to get rid of mods that don't deserve their rank. Some people just shouldn't be mods, yet they are.
[/quote]
I also agree on this. A few mods here and there in my opinion, don't deserve to be mods. I'm not going to say names, but there [i]are[/i] better members out there who would do a much better job then certain mods.

Members are not promoted to Mods lightly. At first they need to be nominated by several of the mod teams for the role, who put forward their reasons for them to be given mod powers, such as contributions for sections. The odd mod does go a little off the rails at times I admit, and we deal with it if we deem it a real problem.

@Post #41:

[b]1)[/b] You don't know that. And even if he did, it wouldn't have changed it if he WANTED IPB over MyBB. What goes on in that forum and our discussions are not your liberty. Or are you the type that believes everything your parents say is something you should know too? This may be harsh, but know your place and enjoy the site as it is.

[b]2)[/b] On the contrary, I have seen a significant increase in New Member Activity. *points to the large influx of guests* I cannot say how much of those are unique hits but compared to 200 Guests and 50 users, to now 600 Guests and 100 users online that's a pretty large increase. And since Guests do not need the forum to make cards, it's still a much better thing.

[b]3)[/b] Mines have been a lot faster.

[b]4)[/b] Less is more and you don't NEED flashy things. You WANT them.

[b]5)[/b] Yes you will, the mod team is tired of explaining that. Day in and day out, with every argument being the same and every one ending up just as disappointing as the last.

[quote name='King.' timestamp='1289678019' post='4781940']
How can you compare this years stats to last years when this year hasn't been completed yet? There's still a good 2 months left of the year.
[/quote]

Okay then >.>

Compare the first 6 months of last year to the first 6 months of this year...

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289687077' post='4782223']
Okay then >.>

[/quote]
Have you ever thought that people are beginning to shy away from Yu-Gi-Oh altogether? Or just think of this sites activity as the economy, sometimes it's up and others it's not.

[quote name='Tainted Prophecy' timestamp='1289687077' post='4782223']
Okay then >.>

[/quote]

You're just grasping at straws at the moment. Face it, your thread, no, rant was proven to be illogical. Accept it and move on. And why do you even care about the member ratio on YCM? It's not like YCM is going to be dead on the end of 2012. YCM will stay alive as long as the YuGiOh franchise is running, maybe even a little while longer.

Just because the member joining ratio is lowering doesn't mean that YCM is going to die. This situation is really like economy is (as stated before). The economy will rise, then fall, then rise again.

Just accept it that these kind of situations are out from your reach and you cannot do anything about it.

I completely agree with you. I'm just saying, I would be a good mod because I already make points to players and I'm frequently on this site. Can't wait until level 6. (Btw, what does "tl;dr" mean?) I barely was in YCM when it was the old format, but I still miss it... That reminds me, I need to make more cards now! :blink:

I've read everything, and I understand what you feel. Before, back in MyBB, I use to visit and post at YCM for about 10x a day but now I'm getting lazy of going here and remembering the past where me and DG used to have a booster pack making rivalry, running my shop, and everything. I love the past...

YCM is dying now, YCM is nothing but a forum filled with bots and spammers

[quote name='~{Rochster}~' timestamp='1289803632' post='4786451']
I completely agree with you. I'm just saying, I would be a good mod because I already make points to players and I'm frequently on this site. Can't wait until level 6. (Btw, what does "tl;dr" mean?) I barely was in YCM when it was the old format, but I still miss it... That reminds me, I need to make more cards now! :blink:
[/quote]

Tl;dr means, "Too long; don't read.". You say it too someone who has posted a really long post that you don't want to read. I would think it's spam. But, I am not sure. xD

Every two months, someone claims that YCM is dying and isn't nearly as good as it was six months before. While the TCG section's intellectual capacity has certainly experienced decline recently, these claims otherwise never hold the slightest weight.

I'll be here in May when today is hailed as YCM's glory days and Spring 2011 is deemed the time when it really went downhill.

Archived