The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the topic title, I happen to dislike any music that yells at me, thank you.

The only metal I now on the top of my head would be Dir En Grey, which is Japanese metal.

I own four Dir en grey albums, 3 of which are hard copies, so I'm very familiar with them. Uruboros is my favorite album they've put out thus far, Withering to Death being a close second. I have to say, Kyo does yell quite a bit.

Screaming/growling doesn't bother me at all, it doesn't necessarily add to or detract from the quality of the music for me. I am a singer myself, and I prefer to do that over shredding my larynx.

Me thinks this belongs in a different section.

But to answer you're question, no. I prefer music with recognizable chords.

No offense.

Well this is the general section...doesn't that mean anything goes?

As for your other comment, no offense taken; metal is definitely an acquired taste, and can be a bit much for a lot of people.

It also depends on the sub-genre of metal (of which there are far too many to list). Some metal only works for some people, some metal can actually be enjoyed by those who wouldn't normally enjoy that style. Metal isn't always just screaming either; just like any style of music, it is divided into a vast number of sub-categories that sound completely different from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Well there's my schpeal for now...

1. Slipknot

2.SK.0 (you chose what S and K mean but not 0)

3. Stone Sour

4.Advenged sevenfold

5.the Murderdolls

Yo, list your top 5 favorite metal bands.

Mine:

1. Opeth

2. Dark Tranquillity

3. Between the Buried and Me

4. In Flames

5. Underøath (Yes, I believe they count. I don't care how much of a purist you are)

What about Slipknot

Well do you mind if I change the title and make it the official Metal thread?

Because as you can see in the announcement...there are a lot of people here who listen to it but some of them became inactive. So I thought it'd be easier to have one thread for the genre in general.

That would be really cool actually.

Because as you can see in the announcement...there are a lot of people here who listen to it but some of them became inactive. So I thought it'd be easier to have one thread for the genre in general.

Thanks a ton, that's really awesome~

Metal is one of three cultures of the hardcore gamer and i love it to death 100% metalheade for now my fave band is black sabbath.

just right on time opal XD.

Archived