The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Ehhhh... As I Lay Dying is pretty good.

Not really much into Metalcore but they do it well. :'D

I enjoy my fair share of metalcore bands, but I'm mostly a fan of straight up metal B)

I put my iTunes on shuffle and pick the first metal song that plays to put on here. You'll be getting a lot of variety, check it out when you can to see what's playing :lol:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wondered this: What sub-genre of metal is Iron Maiden?

I don't think they really have a sub-genre, since they came around before metal started going in all crazy directions. I call them classic metal.

NWBHM

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THF9quA7iIc&feature=fvw

lets get some tech metal up in this motherf***er.

Dude, Periphery is awesome.

This is my favorite song by them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efK6x5hvuFo

Got my Mastodon album (it had better be good) and Day To Remember's first album which I'm listening to now. It's pretty awesome. I have 40 albums now, I listen to all sorts of genres/sub-genres.

These are the Top 10 albums I'm listening to nowadays, they can change fairly often

1 Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

2 Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

3 Bleeding Through - Declaration

4 Flyleaf - Flyleaf

5 Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

6 Lamb of God - Sacrement

7 Machine Head - The Blackening

8 Parkway Drive - Deep Blue

9 Thirty Seconds to Mars - This is War

10 Within Temptation - Heart of Everything

I know, I listen to mostly mainstream metal/rock bands that are more commonly accessible. :D

Got my Mastodon album (it had better be good) and Day To Remember's first album which I'm listening to now. It's pretty awesome. I have 40 albums now, I listen to all sorts of genres/sub-genres.

These are the Top 10 albums I'm listening to nowadays, they can change fairly often

1 Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

2 Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

3 Bleeding Through - Declaration

4 Flyleaf - Flyleaf

5 Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

6 Lamb of God - Sacrement

7 Machine Head - The Blackening

8 Parkway Drive - Deep Blue

9 Thirty Seconds to Mars - This is War

10 Within Temptation - Heart of Everything

I know, I listen to mostly mainstream metal/rock bands that are more commonly accessible. :D

If you've liked anything you've heard my Mastodon, you should enjoy the album.

Hey, it's all good. I listen to a lot of progressive rock when I'm not listening to metal, I need something to balance out my tastes. As much as I love metal, I can't headbang all day every day xP

Cool stereotype, bro.

I've met and conversed with many metal fans in both real life and on the internet, and even the ones that are my friends got angry when I said I disliked metal. I understand that metal fans are not always so hostile, but from my rather wide experiences with metal fans ones that are agreeable tend to be in the minority. Jester Head and yourself are clearly not so opinionated. Metal fans always struck me as being "the same differently" - they all had that exact same look of hostility and anger on their faces when confronted with the notion that a friend of theirs did not share the same tastes in music.

Just to enrage YCM's plethora of hostile metaltards, I post my "random song of the week". It too is an acquired taste, and is sophisticated. It may also interest you to know that this could be considered metal's great-great grandfather.

Cue comments "JAZZ ARRGGHHH HERPDERP METAL 4EVER U PREPZZ".

Just to enrage YCM's plethora of hostile metaltards, I post my "random song of the week". It too is an acquired taste, and is sophisticated. It may also interest you to know that this could be considered metal's great-great grandfather.

Cue comments "JAZZ ARRGGHHH HERPDERP METAL 4EVER U PREPZZ".

lolz, you're so awesome.

I love Death and Black metal.

My current top 5 Death Metal:

1. Necrophagist

2. Decapitated

3. The Black Dahlia Murder

4. Devourment

5. This is a tie between Children of Bodom and Malodorous

My current top 5 Black Metal:

1. Behemoth

2. Dimmu Borgir

3. Gorgorath

4. Immortal

5. Mayhem

My current top 5 Deathcore:

(Yes I do enjoy Deathcore)

1. Carnifex

2. Here Comes The Kraken

3. Whitechappel

4. Suicide Silence

5. Emmure

I love death and black metal to the fullest. Although I disagree with Christianity trying to come into this highly anti- Christianity genre of music. >:D

I like Blotted Science :D

Random metal song of the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Cvu9-kNhY

With that, I'm off to see Underoath live. See ya!

You really like Melodic death metal, I'm surprised I haven't seen The Black Dahlia Murder here yet.

I love death and black metal to the fullest. Although I disagree with Christianity trying to come into this highly anti- Christianity genre of music. >:D

You really like Melodic death metal, I'm surprised I haven't seen The Black Dahlia Murder here yet.

I don't really see the problem with Christians playing metal. They're capable of making great music as well, and I'm pretty sure they're not trying to, they outright have. I think anti-Christians are upset that they have competition :lol:

I don't really listen to The Black Dahlia Murder. They're very talented, but they sound a lot like bands I've heard before. Eh, who knows, I may pick up an album soon...

I don't really see the problem with Christians playing metal. They're capable of making great music as well, and I'm pretty sure they're not trying to, they outright have. I think anti-Christians are upset that they have competition :lol:

I don't really listen to The Black Dahlia Murder. They're very talented, but they sound a lot like bands I've heard before. Eh, who knows, I may pick up an album soon...

I'm not anti-Christian, but still. Bringing Christianity into an anti-Christian based genre of music is wrong. I have no problem with them being Christians just with them preaching about it in metal.

Archived