Dark Arms Archetype [13 / 30] CnC

senatheEND

Dark Arms Arch that I came up with.

[center]

[Spoiler=Monsters (1 NEW)]

[Spoiler=Dark Arms Battalion]
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6661/darkarmsbattalion.jpg[/img]

When this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard Special Summon it. When this card is Special Summoned from the graveyard, add 1 "Dark Arms" card from your Deck to your Hand.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Patrol of the Dark Arms]
[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1808/patrolofthedarkarms.jpg[/img]

If this card is the only card you have in hand you can reveal it to your opponent and Special Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower DARK monster from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Faith, in the Dark Arms]
[img]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/9064/faithinthedarkarms.jpg[/img]

When this card is Summoned you can send 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck to the Graveyard and destroy 1 card on the field.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Dark Arms Dragon]
[img]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6451/darkarmsdragon.jpg[/img]

"Dark Armed Dragon" + 1 "Dark Arms" monster
This card can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by returning the above Fusion Material Monsters from the field to the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard to negate the activation of an opponent's Spell Card or Effect Monsters Effect and destroy it.(This effect can be used on either players turn).
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Dark Arms Assassin]
[img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1697/darkarmsassassin.jpg[/img]

If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) you can remove from play DARK monsters in your Graveyard until you have only 2 DARK monsters in your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Dark Arms Sorceress]
[img]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/8201/darkarmssorceress.jpg[/img]

When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can add 1 DARK monster with 1400 or less DEF from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If a DARK monster you control is Destroyed by battle, you can remove that monster from play to Special Summon this card from your graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Morgana, Knight of the Dark Arms]
[img]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3158/morganaknightofthedarka.jpg[/img]

When this card is Summoned send 1 DARK monster from your deck to the Graveyard. Negate the effect of any Trap Card that targets this card, and destroy that Trap Card. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. When this card attacks, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Gravious, Dragon of the Dark Arms]
[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5181/graviousdragonofthedark.jpg[/img]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by having exactly 4 DARK monsters in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 level 5 or lower "Dark Arms" monster from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Princess, in the Dark Arms]
[img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/7706/princessinthedarkarms.jpg[/img]

If this card you control is sent to the Graveyard, during the End Phase you can add 1 "Dark Arms" monster from your Deck to your hand. This card gains 1000 ATK for every removed from play "Dark Arms" monster
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Talented Princess, of the Dark Arms (NEW)]
[img]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2160/talentedprincessoftheda.jpg[/img]
If this Card is sent to the Graveyard, during the End Phase you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Arms" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. When this card is Summoned you can remove from play 1 Level 7 monster plus 1 "Dark Arms" monster from your Deck, and Special Summon 1 "Dark Arms" Monster from your Extra Deck. The effect(s) of that Monster is negated.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Spells ]
[Spoiler=Rush of the Dark Arms ]
[img]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8758/rushofthedarkarms.jpg[/img]

Activate only while you control 2 or more face-up "Dark Arms" monsters with a combine ATK of 2500 or more. Destroy all of your opponent's Spell and Trap Cards on the field.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Traps]
[Spoiler=Dark Arms Cannon]
[img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5532/darkarmscannon.jpg[/img]

Remove from play 2 DARK monsters from your Graveyard. Negate the Summon of a monster OR the activation of a Spell Card,or Effect Monster's effect that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s), and destroy that card.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/center]

Well, here are your reviews. Post may be edited overtime for more reviews. Don't forget to leave some CnC on my Archetype as well, kay? :)

[color=blue][b]Dark Arms Battalion[/b][/color]

[b]OCG / Common Sense:[/b]
When this card is sent from the [b]D[/b]eck to the [b]G[/b]raveyard[b],[/b] Special Summon it. When this card is Special Summoned from the [b]G[/b]raveyard, add 1 "Dark Arms" card from your Deck to your Hand.

[b]Effect / Originality:[/b]
The card is quite simple really. Send it from the Deck to the Graveyard for a free monster, with a decent 1600 ATK, and at the same time, add a Dark Arms card from your Deck to your hand. It's too simply of an effect, but I can already tell it's helpful. I can't tell though from it, what is your Archetypes theme, yet that is.

[b]Usefulness / Balance:[/b]
Quite useful. This automatically made me think cards like Foolish Burial, and perhaps Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter, could be put into use for this Archetype, or for this card that is. With such simplicity, it is quite obvious the card is balanced enough. It all depends on the rest of the cards I rate really.

[b]Ratings:[/b]
OCG / Common Sense: 1.6/2
Effect / Originality: 3/4
Usefulness / Balance: 3.4/4
[b]Overall: 8/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Patrol, of the Dark Arms[/b][/color]

OCG is flawless. No errors whatsoever.
However, the card looks like an Elephant with armor more then a Dinosaur.

It's first effect seems somewhat situational, but when used right, gets you a free 1800, also leading to the revival of a Level 3 or lower DARK monster in your Graveyard. Quick Synchro anybody? But once again, too simplified to be somewhat original, or by the choice of effects that is, and it's still hard to tell what is your Archetypes main theme / strategy / concept, you know, besides, swarm.

It is useful, but with such simplicity, also can be overpowering. Then again, like I had said in the first place, the odds of having this being the only card in your hand is quite unlikely. To make it more usable, perhaps if it was the only monster in your hand? It would make it more usable, then, you can just add a drawback to getting out that free Level 3, such as it cannot be used for a Synchro Summon to balance everything out. But for now, the card seems just, situational, but useful when pulled off.

OCG / Common Sense: 1.8/2
Effect / Originality: 3.1/4
Usefulness / Balance: 3/4
[b]Overall: 7.9/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Faith, in the Dark Arms[/b][/color]

Summon it, Foolish Burial a monster, pop a card. Not the most original, but quite simple.

Now I see the combo here. You get this out, pop a card, Special Summon that Battalion Monster, then add to your hand that Patrol monster. Quite a nice combo there that only relies on 1 card at the most, seeing the rest just need to be in the Deck. With such simplicity, even though it can be a +1, I'd say it's balanced enough.

OCG / Common Sense: 2/2
Effect / Originality: 2/4
[b]Overall: 7/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Dark Arms Dragon[/b][/color]

Last sentence isn't needed.

OMG AN ARCHETYPE THAT HAS DAD IN IT. I actually saw this coming though seeing the Archetypes name is quite similar to Dark Armed Dragon. Lets see if this Fusion is just as broken as the original. The card has quite some beastly stats, and can recycle the monsters used for the Fusion Summon from the field to the Deck. It has that classic Dark Armed Dragon effect, but instead, you can remove from play a DARK monster in your Graveyard to negate the effect of a Spell or Effect Monster, which is quite nice. Somewhat original, seeing your tying in one of the classic DARK Bosses into the Archetype.

The card though may be overpowering. For example, it's Fusion Summon requires returning Dark Armed and a Dark Arm back into the Deck. Returning a monster such as Battalion or something can make you one step closer to using that little combo from the last three cards. The card also seeing has the power to negate Spells and Effect Monsters when needed, if you have something like Royal Decree on the field, this pretty much gives you total control over your opponent. All you need really is a decent Mill engine to use this card effectively. The stats just make it more overpowering. Reduce the ATK to 3000? Also try to find another drawback to add in there.

Effect / Originality: 3.5/4
[b]Overall: 8.3/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Dark Arms Assassin[/b][/color]

But, why name it an Assassin? I'd try to find a name more Insect-related.

This card is....odd, questionable, a lot of things. I mean, when it's destroyed, you can remove from play DARK monsters from your Graveyard until you only have 2 remaining. I mean, what do you gain from this? However, this is far beyond original.

Usefulness, I'll assume a few things. If your trying to get Dark Armed Dragon out, you can use this to reduce the DARK monsters in your Graveyard to 2, which means you can just Foolish Burial a third one, get out Dark Armed Dragon, use something like Burial from / of the Different Dimension, then pop a bunch of cards on the field, or, instead of Burial, use Return from a Different Dimension, and hopefully swing for an One Turn Kill. Otherwise, you'll have to tell me what's it uses. It's balanced though.

Effect / Originality: 3.4/4
Usefulness / Balance: 2/4
[b]Overall: 7.2/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Dark Arms Sorceress[/b][/color]

When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can add 1 DARK monster with 1400 or less DEF from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If a DARK monster you control is [b]d[/b]estroyed by battle, you can remove that monster from play to Special Summon this card from your [b]G[/b]raveyard.

The card as soon as Tribute Summoned, either searches you a free DARK with 1400 or less DEF from your Deck, or recycles one from your Graveyard back to your hand. The card then can easily revive itself at the cost of removing a DARK monster that you controlled, and was destroyed when ran over. Somewhat original concepts I guess.

The card on the other hand, needs some tweaking to make it more useful. For example, it's poor stats. Sure they dodge Bottomless Trap Hole, but it will most likely get run over the following turn. I say change it so when it gets Tribute Summoned, it automatically switches to Defense Position, that way right off the bat you get that 2300 wall. The card although can easily search / recycle cards, has no use on the field other then well, a wall, then, it can revive itself from the Grave when another DARK of yours is ran over, which goes back to it's use being a wall. Perhaps also change it so every time it's Summoned you get a free search / recycle? Otherwise, slight underpowered to me.

Effect / Originality: 3.3/4
Usefulness / Balance: 2.8/4
[b]Overall: 7.9/10[/b]

[color=blue][b]Morgana, Knight of the Dark Arms[/b][/color]

When this card is Summoned[b],[/b] send 1 DARK monster from your [b]D[/b]eck to the Graveyard. Negate the effect of any Trap Card that targets this card, and destroy that Trap Card. If this card attacks, [b]during the Battle Phase,[/b] your opponent cannot activate any Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. When this card attacks, you can remove from play 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard.

Summon it, mill a card. It also is invulnerable by Traps, which makes Bottomless Trap Hole (I think), Torrential Tribute, Dimensional Prison, etc. not a threat. Not letting your opponent activate Traps during the Battle Phase until the end of the Damage Step protects your monsters through cards such as Mirror Force and whatnot, or interruptions like Negate Attack and Scrap-Iron Scarecrow. The card looks like, has a cost of removing from play a DARK monster in the Graveyard when attacking. Quite original I guess.

The card though, quite odd. Everything makes sense until that last effect. It's as if you stopped writing the effect. So you know what I say? Add an effect to the last part, or, reword it as if it were a cost and give this monsters stats of like 2200 or something. That would be quite lulzy and fun. It's usefulness in that three card combo is quite well, useful, seeing it can make a temporary replacement when that Faith card isn't in the hand / field yet. I'd say for now, it's slightly balanced, just slightly.

OCG / Common Sense: 1.4/2
Effect / Originality: 3.2/4
[b]Overall: 7.6/10[/b]

*kicks Sena in the soul* >:E Foo', you haven't even tried to get a hold of me or nothin'! DX I despise you! T-T Leaving me Senaless...the horror...

Anyways, you're still a copycat foo'! >:E I see Assassin as the only one who doesn't have an effect taken straight from another card. Plus, I see no theme. v.v Come on Senakins, give me a cool theme that I can enjoy. Other than that, EXTREMELY USEFUL. o.o I think that's what you focus on more. You like function, I like beauty. XD

But yes, like I said, these cards would make all DARK monsters instantly broken, and in the good way. o.o They're swarm effective, adding effective, and ATK effective. But, Morgana and Princess are overpowered, I'd say make Princess have 0 ATK and DEF, and take off the Ancient Gearlike effect of Morgana, because she already can't be targeted.

Anyways, I'm going to split up my rating into a two parter, a Ringy Originality Rating, and a Sena Usefulness Rating, cause obviously, that's where our differences lie. XD

Ringy Originality: 3/10 WORK HARDER!

Sena Usefulness: 9/10 AWESOME! Try to make it more original while still keeping it this effective and powerful.

I would be willing to leave an Archetype Review for your other Arm Slave Archetype as well. That is, if you leave some CnC on my current Gamet Archetype as well, even though you already are, but not right now, later.. I say this because I'm going to post the next 4 cards for the Archetype most likely tomorrow, and it'd be nice if you left some CnC on them. I'll PM you as a reminder just in case.

[color=blue][b]Dark Arms Archetype Review[/b][/color]
AT first glance, you somewhat can tell that in some way, the Archetype is going to be related to Dark Armed Dragon. And look at that, it is. It doesn't use the most original concept, but it's a concept. Seeing the concept is basic sending monsters to the Graveyard and whatnot for advantage, it's only fitting that there also be a boss monster using Dark Armed Dragon, no? But now, effect wise, outside of their basic Dark Arm Dragon like effects, even though they do have some nice combos here and there when put together / as an actual Deck, but seeing majority of the card's use DARK monsters as their specific more than the Archetype, it makes the Archetype look more like an Archetype for DARK Support, not as well, an actual Archetype. I'm not saying this is bad, but I'm not saying this is slightly good as well.

The card's effect are pretty balanced here and there, but in other cards, they are either a bit underpowered and need a slight change in the effect and / or the stats to make them more usable / balanced, but then there are some cards that are extremely overpowered, and need a lot of fixing. Well, not extremely overpowered, but overpowered. Also, don't forget about creativity and whatnot. Some of the card effects just seem like an average Heavy Storm, Solemn Judgement, etc. just in monster form or with a few added things here and there, with those adding things in some cases not being so original as well. Nothing to really say about the Archetype really for now, but in my opinion, as a Deck, I guess they can become [b]Tier 2[/b], with perhaps even being [b]Tier 1.5[/b] at it's best. But they also can work as fabulous tech / staples in other DARK and / or Graveyard based Decks, like the obvious Dark Armed Dragon. Overall, Archetype gets a [b]7.3/10[/b]

Archived