a random card i thought of in my sleep

(Eyes) Ruther Ford

[b]Picture: (6/10.) It is to fuzzy, no card is good with a fuzzy picture.

OCG: (-3/10.) This is supposed to be a vanilla because there is no effect here. But I prefer you make an effect for your cards from now on because most of the people on this forum don't like vanilla type cards. Another issue is that there is no type, is it a Warrior? Beast-Warrior? It empty. The final complaint I have is that it's attack cannot be 2399, it can be 2330 or 2350 but not 2399 and if the card is level 8 or lower it's ATK and DEF has to be lower than 3000.

Total: (2/10.) Good for a beginner, but you can do better. [/b]

I partially retract my statement. There are cards in the show which have such ATK values (Like Seven-Armed Fiend), but in the TCG there are cards with 10's and 30's.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Seven-Armed_Fiend

Anyways, these are custom cards. There are no rules set in stone that say we cannot change a card however we want. It's just whether or not it's a good idea.

EDIT: Plus, if the final value cannot be changed then there is no point for its existence. They could have just as easily removed it and left monsters with 180, 300, and so on ATK.

[quote name='Leo Fin' timestamp='1290557105' post='4806040']
[b]Picture: (6/10.) It is to fuzzy, no card is good with a fuzzy picture.

OCG: (-3/10.) This is supposed to be a vanilla because there is no effect here. But I prefer you make an effect for your cards from now on because most of the people on this forum don't like vanilla type cards. Another issue is that there is no type, is it a Warrior? Beast-Warrior? It empty. The final complaint I have is that it's attack cannot be 2399, it can be 2330 or 2350 but not 2399 and if the card is level 8 or lower it's ATK and DEF has to be lower than 3000.

Total: (2/10.) Good for a beginner, but you can do better. [/b]
[/quote]

Ty for the tips and umm how did you do that picture thing below your comment?

[quote name='jules' timestamp='1290653334' post='4808519']
How did you do that picture thing below your comment?
[/quote]

What, his signature?
Oh, you'd go to Your username at the top of the screen, click on it, go down the menu, go to Profile Settings, add the pics, and your DONE!
Your card's not very good, I'm afraid I must say. I can see the white border around the picture, and your effect is something out of a normal card. 3/10, try again another time.

[quote name='Some Guy in a Whambulance' timestamp='1290653903' post='4808535']
What, his signature?
Oh, you'd go to Your username at the top of the screen, click on it, go down the menu, go to Profile Settings, add the pics, and your DONE!
Your card's not very good, I'm afraid I must say. I can see the white border around the picture, and your effect is something out of a normal card. 3/10, try again another time.
[/quote]

oh i forgot to put up the edited version srry about the line photo shop mistake

[quote name='jules' timestamp='1290655141' post='4808562']
oh i forgot to put up the edited version srry about the line photo shop mistake
[/quote]

there srry about that just put the new one up but still thinking of an effect for it.

Since you're a newbie, I'll cut you some slack.

The OCG (Official Card Grammar) is very bad. The effect is vague at best. The effect I interpret from this, in proper OCG, is "You can destroy 1 face-up Spell Card on the field". My interpretation does not say "Once per turn", so you can use it as often as you like.

If this is supposed to be a Lightsworn (which as you may or may not know, is an existing set of cards), I suggest either having it send 2 to 4 cards from the top of the deck to the graveyard during each End Phase, sending cards from the top of the deck to the graveyard to activate its effect, or having an effect that triggers when this happens. All Lightsworns have one of those.

The picture... I usually ignore that altogether. Good pictures are very difficult to come across, and it would be unfair to judge a card based on that.

Lastly, use capital letters where appropriate. In chat, not everyone cares. In cards, they do.

EDIT: Also, Lightsworns are named as "*Name*, Lightsworn *Profession*". Think of a name for this card, a gibberish but still reasonable sounding word that sounds like a name. Existing ones include, but are not limited to Garoth, Aurkus, Gragonith and Lumina.

Archived