Xbox Kinect or Playstation Move

Mrs Murray

21 members have voted

1. 1. Kinect or Move?

• Kinect
    • Move
    • Can't decide

Kinect is better because it's not limited to games:

[url="http://kotaku.com/5695107/shadow-puppets-20-+-with-kinect"]Kinect Shadow Puppets[/url]
[url="http://kotaku.com/5709454/kinect-for-xbox-360-hacked-to-fly-unmanned-aircraft"]Kinect Flying Machine[/url]
[url="http://kotaku.com/5693031/how-long-until-kinect-turns-into-skynet"]Kinect Mobile Robots[/url]

Now imagine Kinect incorporated into Big Dog:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJJQ0zNNOM[/media]

Without a doubt, Kinect is better.
How is this even an argument?

Next.

Actually, I'm going to say this, it's been said already but

Wii is best, its got seinority anyway, the first system to do it since launch, plus, with the wii motion plus, it has percise movement detection.

The move is a stick with a ball attatched to it! In fact, just look at this!

[img]http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2010-11-15.jpg[/img]

What is the point in that plastic ball anyway! I think it's for showing which player you are.

Kinect looks like it wouldn't be very good but is actually a pretty good piece of software. You can only do 2 player at home but it does support Xbox Live which for me is a good feature.

Overall between the two, Kinect wins it for me. But if I could say the Wii I would. :lol:

[quote name='Wang Fire' timestamp='1292984001' post='4872395']
Actually, I'm going to say this, it's been said already but

Wii is best, its got seinority anyway, the first system to do it since launch, plus, with the wii motion plus, it has percise movement detection.

The move is a stick with a ball attatched to it! In fact, just look at this!

[img]http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2010-11-15.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Sig'd :)

I got Kinect for Christmas! I got Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures and Kinectimals. At first I didn't think Kinect would be that good but it's actually quite sensitive.
If I wave my hand your avatar will do exactly that. The best of the games for me is Kinect Sports. Kinect Adventures never looked that good and it isn't really. I got my Dad playing but we didn't have enough space and he broke a lightbulb. Kinectimals is a good game and the animals are cute but it dosen't really win me over. Kinect Sports is probably the best game you can get for the software but there should be better games coming soon. You get a choice of six sports, Football, Bowling, Track and and Field, Boxing, Beach Volleyball and Table Tennis, all with minigames in another section. Track and Field is a set of events set up in a sort of Pentathalon sort of way.

Kinect is a great piece of software but I always find there is a lack of games for this sort of thing which is a shame. But for now this is one of the best pieces of modern technology you can get right now. :)

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1290756712' post='4810895']
Yeah, because you can't argue much against Move. It [i]is[/i] the Wii Remote, and nobody complains about that anymore because they know that it works. Kinect on the other hand, while not completely new (Eye Toy), does something that most of the people either don't know or have forgotten about. And it has some interesting concepts, it has proven that it works in several tests... it's just that the core gamer community doesn't care because there's no game to play with it...

The casuals on the other hand buy this thing like crazy, Microsoft just stated that they aim for 5 Million Kinects until the end of the year... 5 MILLION! And it looks like they can really do it, because they pumped so much money into this project, especially for advertising, something where Sony miserably failed for Move.

I think that Kinect will be more succesful on the long run, and if it get's supported just enough, especially by third-party developers, it could ultimately prove to be the better peripheral. But those are a lot of "ifs" and "coulds", you just can't how this will develop from now on.
[/quote]
Move was in development before the Wii was.

Even though Sony was first developing motion-control, Nintendo was the first to release it. Honestly, adding motion control to the current systems this far in would turn disasterous. They will need to make two very different lines of games (Those without motion, and those with motion). Although the Wiimote is not as advanced as the Move in terms of motion technology, there are wiimotes that are being built-in with Wii Motion Plus. No intent of showing fanboyism here, but Wii beats both Move and Kinect due to both of the latter being released as late as now, which have different control schemes while the Wii has been sticking to the same control since it's release. It was a big decision both companies made though, so let's see how far they both focus on their products.

The Wii is designed for motion-controls, has the games to back it up, and is generally better for for it. The others are truely gimmicky and just trying to follow from the Wii's success. Personally, I prefer a controller or mouse/keyboard to any motion control - they just feel more natural for gaming - minimal movement to go with the immersion and relaxing I like when gaming. Still, Wii trumps either.

[quote name='InconsistentDecks' timestamp='1292941132' post='4870535']
Without a doubt, Kinect is better.
How is this even an argument?

Next.
[/quote]

The Kinetic is an amazing piece of technology. Why they introduced it for games is BEYOND ME >_>. Contract the technology to the US Military or something.
But on a gaming standpoint, go with neither. And stick to traditional controllers.

Archived