Card Reviews and a Statement [Updated with new cards]

Mehmani

[size="5"][b]Before you look at the card, please read the below monologue.[/b][/size]

In general, the Realistic Cards section tends not to think much about the metagame when making cards. Many cardmakers make cards that are utterly niche and useless except for being eye-candy. What people so often fail to understand is that considering the metagame when rating custom cards is something of vital importance that is all too often neglected. OCG is still important as it helps to convey realism and get the message to those more familiar with the game, but at the heart of it all, viability and usability should be considered above all when rating a card, particularly when the card is meant to be pioneering a new game mechanic. It is a travesty that all too often the raters of cards in RC rate a card highly because it has a fancy recolour or is showing off the GFX skills of it's creator - all too often they fail to look beneath the shroud of beauty and see what's inside. These are what I call "Ugly Sister" cards, as like the characters they are named after, they are beautiful on the outside but ugly and useless on the inside.

Please keep this in mind when reviewing cards in the future.

[spoiler=Duality Synchron (Image by HP Doom)]
[img]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3866/85880.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Card Lore]
When this card is Excess Summoned, remove 1 Level 5 or lower monster in your Graveyard from play. This card can be Excess Summoned using cards with different Levels. If this card is used as Synchro Material, you can use Overlaid Monsters on this card as Synchro Material Monsters. You can substitute this card for any 1 "Synchron" Tuner for a Synchro Summon.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Intended Uses and Other Uses of Duality Synchron]
Quickdraw Debu-Hime

Duality Synchron is intended for use mid to late game if you have wasted your Glow-Up Bulb. After summoning it using Spore (removing Glow-Up) and a Level 4, you can then proceed to use Duality Synchron to synch for a Level 10 with the Level 4 or Spore and the Level 4 to synch for Goyo or Brio. Duality Synchron also acts as a handy wall with it's respectable 2700 DEF and being a Level 6 Tuner is very useful in a metagame dominated by many powerful Level 2 and 3 monsters. You could combine "Emergency Teleport" with it to instantly get out a Level 6 and a Level 9, or use Duality Synchron and Spore to get out Stardust or another Level 8 Synchro without wasting Debris. Then you could use Lonefire to further swarm. The point of this card is to add an extra dimension to Quickdraw Debu-Hime decks by allowing the deck to get out generic Synchros (rather than just Warrior Synchros) more easily, allowing you to utilize the full power of cards like Stardust, Goyo and BRD.

Machines

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1294016736' post='4907716']
all you need is 1 Tuningware and 1 Cyber Valley in your hand, with 2 Machine Duplications or 1 Machine Duplication and 1 One for One in your hand to get out the monsters you need to get this monster out.
[/quote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Volcanon Meteor (Image by HP Doom)]
[img]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3866/85880.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Card Lore]
During your Main Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard and you control 2 or more Level 1 monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard and Overlay 2 Level 1 monsters you control on this card (this is treated as an Excess Summon). Overlaid Monsters on this card can be used as Synchro Material Monsters. Once per turn during your End Phase, you can select 1 monster that was destroyed that turn in your Graveyard and Overlay it on this card. During your opponent's Main Phase, you can Synchro Summon using this face-up card you control as a Synchro Material Monster.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Intended Uses and Other Uses of Volcanon Meteor]
Quickdraw Debu-Hime

A Spore/Glow-Up style card that works mainly in conjunction with Dandylion. You can use it to grab a card that was destroyed earlier in the turn and synch with it during your opponent's turn for a line of defence. Although it suffers from a lack of defences itself, it's a solid card that can surprise the opponent. It works especially well with Dandy as during the turn Dandy is destroyed you can summon it with the Fluff Tokens and equip Dandy to it. You can then synch for Catastor and re-summon this card again with the Fluff Tokens. Equip Dandy again, synch this card with Catastor for BRD, nuke the field, re-summon with Fluff Tokens and equip Dandy again for another Level 5 or a Level 9 with BRD.

Plants

Same Dandy combo as above.

Flamvells

200 DEF and a FIRE attribute make this a nasty surprise in Flamvells, coupled with it's Formula Synchron-style ability to synch in your opponent's turn. You can summon it with Firedog for a quick Goyo or Brio or just use it with a number of other combos. It's a versatile card.

Rock Stun

Making a Rock Stun Synchro deck would be lot easier with this card, and although it doesn't so much stun, it can quickly summon itself for a nasty surprise Synchro. It's ability to synch in the opponent's turn comes in handy if your stall is falling apart as it can form a last line of defence.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dragunity Knight - Creuat (Image by HP Doom)]
[img]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3866/85880.jpg[/img]
[spoiler=Card Lore]
You can use "Dragunity" monsters with different Levels to Excess Summon this card. When this card is Excess Summoned, you Special Summon 1 "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard and equip this card to it as an Equip Card. During the Damage Step only, the Summoned monster gains ATK equal to half this card's ATK. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead. During the End Phase of the turn this card is destroyed, you can remove from play 2 Level 3 monsters in your Graveyard to Special Summon this card. You can only activate this effect once per duel.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=The Intended Uses and Other Uses of Dragunity Knight - Creuat]
Dragunities

This is basically the only deck this card can be used in. As Dragunities have a lot of swarming power and an abundance of monsters with different Levels, getting Creuat out is easy enough. It's really strength lies in it's power to act as a Kalut with field presence and a Union-style ability to stop the equipped monster from being destroyed. You can grab a Laevatein to get a 4000 ATK beatstick immune to a single destruction effect (and it summons an Equip Card if it does get hit). Threatening the equipped Laevatein with a card effect would only cause Laevatein's equip cards to be summoned, giving you not only another 2600 beatstick but also another Dragunity to work with. If it's a Tuner you can grab a Level 9 with Laev or a Level 7 with Creuat.[/spoiler]

I will update this thread in future with more cards and more monologues.

Meh~ I once gave my views on "meta". I won't go into it again else I start another war.

Overall...It's actually not really playable. Perhaps you could tell me how this would be used in current meta? This card requires 5 Level 1 monsters to Excess Summon. Were this card a decent level at which it could be Excess Summoned under somewhat easier conditions this card would be very playable. Until I know how you'd intend this to be Summoned at it's current state, I cannot give an official review.

And what's this in your Topic Title? Mind explaining that? (Just wondering what it means. I may not be a 'die hard' Yugioh freak (figurative) but I do know how to comment fairly. I'm not totally ignorant of all things meta)

im keeping ur note in mind, and i dont see how this is viable in the metagame at all
especially cuz synchrons arent tier 1, too hard to summon (5 level 1 monsters), theres already quickdraw synch... i dont see it? is it just me?\

btw i agree with ur note, 300% agree

I don't agree with one statement in your paragraph, one being that too many Raters / Reviewers only rate the card on it's fancy recolor / usage off the image creators GFX skills, or AKA, the cards looks. I say this because the only people who do rate a cards by their looks are 99% of the time new members, who haven't even played the TCG, or know much of the actual game. Level 4+ Members / Members who know much of the Game / played / are good at the Game would keep this in mind when giving RC Rates / Reviews.

And on the card however, the effect is very useful, but the choice of Level in my opinion, is somewhat poor, but not that poor. For example, all you need is 1 Tuningware and 1 Cyber Valley in your hand, with 2 Machine Duplications or 1 Machine Duplication and 1 One for One in your hand to get out the monsters you need to get this monster out. But once again, getting specific cards all in the right place is most of the time, somewhat hard to do. So perhaps making the card a Level 6 would make it much more easier to use, even though there are some cards that can decrease the Level of some monsters in the hand. But to be honest, in my opinion, I'd rather use Quickdraw Synchron.

Okay. This sounded so fantastic when I read it the first time, but I re-read it about two times and realised that it was Level 5. Now I do honestly think the idea behind it is very amazing-- I'd like to point out the fact (as other fellow YCMers already stated here) that this card wouldn't work well in the meta at all-- unless you're running a low-Level vanilla deck (which is really the only type of Deck I could think of where this card would be decent). Also, (I've read the rules for Excess Cards but it was very confusing, so don't flame me if I say something completely stupid right now) maybe you could try upping the Level as to make different monster combinations to complete the Exceed Summon. This might make you sac more card- but in the long term, you're bound to have a bit more higher Level monsters in your Deck (if you're running a normal one).

One more thing- I'm not sure if, in the OCG, it's supposed to be "When this card is Excess Summoned" or "When this card is Exceed Summoned". It's probably not final. Your OCG seems great. Overall great concept, this card has potential.

As for your statement on card GFX and editing- I GFX all my cards (I put a 'Realistic Border' and Stars as well as sometimes Gold Borders & Stars.) I know what you mean though, sometimes I create a card, GFX it, think it's great, post it, and truly its just a very broken card that's made pretty.

[quote name='♥Łövëły-Ċħän♥' timestamp='1294014982' post='4907641']
Meh~ I once gave my views on "meta". I won't go into it again else I start another war.

Overall...It's actually not really playable. Perhaps you could tell me how this would be used in current meta? This card requires 5 Level 1 monsters to Excess Summon. Were this card a decent level at which it could be Excess Summoned under somewhat easier conditions this card would be very playable. Until I know how you'd intend this to be Summoned at it's current state, I cannot give an official review.

And what's this in your Topic Title? Mind explaining that? (Just wondering what it means. I may not be a 'die hard' Yugioh freak (figurative) but I do know how to comment fairly. I'm not totally ignorant of all things meta)
[/quote]

It actually could require a Level 3 and a Level 2 or a Level 4 and Level 1 to summon, which is pretty viable if you ask me. In Quickdraw Debu-Hime (Synchrons are Tier 1) you could get Spore out by removing a previously used Glow-Up and Summon Duality Synchron with Lonefire and Spore, proceeding to Synch for a Level 8 with DS and Lonefire or a Level 5 with Spore and Lonefire.

It's a card that I would run @2 in Quickdraw Debu-Hime.

The fact that you are ignorant of all things meta makes me think that you should not be judging a competition like this. You NEED to have someone who is knowledgeable in regard to the metagame when rating cards featuring new concepts. Viability and usability are an absolute priority when reviewing cards that are meant to pioneer an exciting new concept, and I honestly don't think someone with no knowledge of the metagame could produce accurate reviews of these new cards.

I work mainly as a TCG Consultant in Leo's CCG and I've been playing the game for eight years. I'm known for my...intensely critical reviews. I would be happy to work as a consulting or reviewing figure (not a judge, that's too much pressure) in this Community Brawl.

Also, from now on I will update this thread with more cards, monologues and I will also post how each card is designed to be used.

Actually, you can't use 2+3 or 1+4. The accepted rules for Excess is that all the material monsters have to share their levels. With that in mind, this is pretty drastically unplayable.

Monologue still makes this one of the better card-related threads outside Written, though, so top marks!

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1294008945' post='4907321']
[size="5"][b]Before you look at the card, please read the below monologue.[/b][/size]

In general, the Realistic Cards section tends not to think much about the metagame when making cards. Many cardmakers make cards that are utterly niche and useless except for being eye-candy. What people so often fail to understand is that considering the metagame when rating custom cards is something of vital importance that is all too often neglected. OCG is still important as it helps to convey realism and get the message to those more familiar with the game, but at the heart of it all, viability and usability should be considered above all when rating a card, particularly when the card is meant to be pioneering a new game mechanic. It is a travesty that all too often the raters of cards in RC rate a card highly because it has a fancy recolour or is showing off the GFX skills of it's creator - all too often they fail to look beneath the shroud of beauty and see what's inside. These are what I call "Ugly Sister" cards, as like the characters they are named after, they are beautiful on the outside but ugly and useless on the inside.

Please keep this in mind when reviewing cards in the future.[/quote]

I agree. I do that too. That's why people take my cards as "OP". They don't know the locals.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1294054613' post='4908684']
Actually, you can't use 2+3 or 1+4. The accepted rules for Excess is that all the material monsters have to share their levels. With that in mind, this is pretty drastically unplayable.

Monologue still makes this one of the better card-related threads outside Written, though, so top marks!
[/quote]

That pretty much makes Excess monsters unplayable without an even level. I'll make Duality Synchron a Level 6, regarding that.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1294061904' post='4908794']
You could also add a 'the monsters used to Excess Summon this monster do not need to have equal levels'
And I'd rather see a level 4 than a level 6. Not getting to use Drill Warrior is annoying.
[/quote]

Got it.

I never have and never will make my cards in accordance to the metagame - nor do I rate other cards as such.

This reminds me a lot like Quickdraw Synchron - just with a different mechanic behind it.

It's got a nice looking image. It looks like it could pass for a Morphtronic.

I'd give this about a 8/10. It's got a nice image and pretty useful effect - but it just reminds me too much of Quickdraw Synchron.

Why did someone edit the title? That perverts the message I was attempting to get across! It makes it seem like this place is home to a person who gives reviews and posts speeches. This place is a place where I post monologues and cards for the community Excess brawl.

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1294053647' post='4908667']
It actually could require a Level 3 and a Level 2 or a Level 4 and Level 1 to summon, which is pretty viable if you ask me. [b]Incorrect. Excess Monster mechanics are that they can only be Excess Summoned using monsters of equal levels.[/b] In Quickdraw Debu-Hime (Synchrons are Tier 1) you could get Spore out by removing a previously used Glow-Up and Summon Duality Synchron with Lonefire and Spore, proceeding to Synch for a Level 8 with DS and Lonefire or a Level 5 with Spore and Lonefire.

It's a card that I would run @2 in Quickdraw Debu-Hime.

The fact that you are ignorant of all things meta [b]I said I am [b]NOT[/b] ignorant of all things meta[/b] makes me think that you should not be judging a competition like this. [b]Excess Monsters have yet to enter into the TCG / OCG therefore no one has any idea how it would affect meta. Even if it's effect on a normal effect/tuner monster would benefit meta, doesn't mean it will do so on an Excess monsters since they have mechanics unfamiliar to the game and take slightly more effort to summon when there are better cards.[/b] You NEED to have someone who is knowledgeable in regard to the metagame when rating cards featuring new concepts. Viability and usability are an absolute priority when reviewing cards that are meant to pioneer an exciting new concept, and I honestly don't think someone with no knowledge of the metagame could produce accurate reviews of these new cards.

I work mainly as a TCG Consultant in Leo's CCG and I've been playing the game for eight years. [b]This fact is totally irrelevant to anything. I've been playing this game since the first Booster Packs/Structure Decks were released TCG. Yet I have limited knowledge of meta and other such subjects. Length of time and status are beyond irrelevant in situations such as this[/b] I'm known for my...intensely critical reviews. I would be happy to work as a consulting or reviewing figure (not a judge, that's too much pressure) in this Community Brawl.

Also, from now on I will update this thread with more cards, monologues and I will also post how each card is designed to be used.
[/quote]
I do find this comment (no offense to you at all) ignorant and offensive. You don't know enough about me to make such assumptions and therefore have no viability or right to say such things about me. Though no offense to you as you've nothing to go off of except what I posted.

Also I'll kindly ask you to remove that subtitle because that is very offensive and hurtful. It suggests I'm unfair and (to me) insults my commenting skills. It's unnecessary and somewhat rude. I'm a fair person. I may comment one way but if you present me with a fair and decent arguement, my comment becomes subject to change as I've now learned something new and therefore have reason to change my views.

Now, again before I can comment properly, since the intent behind this seems to be 'Quickdraw Debu-Hime', I'll need to know what that is.

[quote name='♥Łövëły-Ċħän♥' timestamp='1294086179' post='4909230']
I do find this comment (no offense to you at all) ignorant and offensive. You don't know enough about me to make such assumptions and therefore have no viability or right to say such things about me. Though no offense to you as you've nothing to go off of except what I posted.
[b]BAWWWWWWW (disregard that, I suck co-)

I do actually know you sufficiently to make some form of a judgement of reviewing ability and character. I have seen your cards.[/b]

Also I'll kindly ask you to remove that subtitle because that is very offensive and hurtful. It suggests I'm unfair and (to me) insults my commenting skills. It's unnecessary and somewhat rude. [b]It isn't rude, it is a calculated statement based on my knowledge of you and your style of commenting and card making. In my opinion it's a valid statement, as I know I won't win an award.[/b] I'm a fair person. I may comment one way but if you present me with a fair and decent arguement, my comment becomes subject to change as I've now learned something new and therefore have reason to change my views. [b]It's nice to see someone open to the views of others.[/b]
[b]I am insulting your commenting skills - JoshIcy was utterly stupid to employ someone who is not "on top" of the current metagame. When reviewing cards that are pioneering a new concept or even just reviewing cards, you must acknowledge the metagame, the more you analyse the better. To make the main judge of a competition regarding a new concept someone who knows little about the metagame is a ridiculous thing to do and I am very sorry for expressing my opinion.

"Excess Monsters have yet to enter into the TCG / OCG therefore no one has any idea how it would affect meta."
That is the one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone on this site say. Just because something hasn't been released doesn't mean we have no idea of how it would affect the metagame. Let's say a Level 5 Blackwing Synchro with a swarm effect was going to be released in the next booster pack. We can analyse the concept and see what it does. Level 5 - Vayu + Shura, therefore Vayu Turbo becomes more viable, bumping Blackwings up a gear. Swarm effect - supports standard deck goal of swarming for the OTK, therefore Blackwings become a better, more fearsome deck. Now let's try that with Excess Monsters: Kept in deck - reduces number of other cards and so clogs deck space, making them only usable if they are really worth using (i.e. have good effects and/or can be summoned quickly). Can only be summoned with very specific field conditions from the hand - Makes them dead draws a lot of the time and would require a deck to be built around the concept of summoning Excess Monsters, making them rarely splashable unless they have an effect that really supports an archetype AND are easily summonable quickly. More specific summoning conditions than Synchros - requires a deck built around them, making them obsolete unless they receive lots of fantastic support. Overall effect concept would cause on the metagame - little unless they have good support and have the right types/attributes/names to fit into other decks rather than Pure Excess.

See. I gave a very brief analysis of the concept and the effect it has on the metagame, disproving your comment comprehensively.[/b]

Now, again before I can comment properly, since the intent behind this seems to be 'Quickdraw Debu-Hime', I'll need to know what that is.
[b]It's arguably one of the best three decks this format.[/b]
[/quote]

I see you changed the card a bit. The card seems a bit more usable now for at the most, Level 8 monsters, because seeing it is a Level 6, you'll either need 3 Level 2's, 2 Level 3's, or 6 Level 1's (which is not possible). Now this gives you the potential to get out various Level 8 and higher Synchro Monsters, but in my opinion, seeing most Level 9 monsters need 2 or more non-Tuner's, or if not, have really sever Synchro Material Requirements, this at best, could get out only Level 8's. Now on the other hand, if instead making it a Level 6, you would make it a Level 4, this would make it far more useful, not saying it isn't useful now, this also lets you actually be able to use it's last effect far more often. That's just my opinion on it, but please tell me if I'm missing something here on it's usefulness, most likely in the Quickdraw Debu-Hime area, for I do not know much of the Deck.

[quote]

BAWWWWWWW (disregard that, I suck co-) [b]You do?[/b]

I do actually know you sufficiently to make some form of a judgement of reviewing ability and character. I have seen your cards.[b]Incorrect. Just because you've seen my cards, you've no idea what my 'character' is.[/b]

Also I'll kindly ask you to remove that subtitle because that is very offensive and hurtful. It suggests I'm unfair and (to me) insults my commenting skills. It's unnecessary and somewhat rude. It isn't rude,[b]Yes it is. Unnecessary remarks such as that are rude and ignorant[/b] it is a calculated statement based on my knowledge of you and your style of commenting and card making.[b]You obviously do not if that is your subtitle.[/b] In my opinion it's a valid statement, as I know I won't win an award.[b]You do not.[/b] I'm a fair person.[b]You've just contradicted yourself. You made an unfair accusations against me based off of inaccurate data. Just because I don't rate according to something like 'meta' does not mean a card made for 'meta' will not appeal to my thoughts[/b] I may comment one way but if you present me with a fair and decent argument, my comment becomes subject to change as I've now learned something new and therefore have reason to change my views. It's nice to see someone open to the views of others.
I am insulting your commenting skills[b]This is inappropriate[/b] - JoshIcy was utterly stupid to employ someone who is not "on top" of the current metagame.[b]This is just as 'utterly stupid'[/b] When reviewing cards that are pioneering a new concept or even just reviewing cards, you must acknowledge the metagame, the more you analyse the better. To make the main judge of a competition regarding a new concept someone who knows little about the metagame is a ridiculous thing to do and I am very sorry for expressing my opinion.[b]Well if I'm so hopelessly incompetent I shall pass over this card. This is not because I'm peeved about your excessive and unnecessary rudeness, but because you obviously do not want me to comment this card. Therefore I shall respect your desire and ignore this card as an entree. If another Josh or another Judge feels they wish to review this then that's them.[/b]

"Excess Monsters have yet to enter into the TCG / OCG therefore no one has any idea how it would affect meta."
That is the one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone on this site say. Just because something hasn't been released doesn't mean we have no idea of how it would affect the metagame.[b]Is that what I said? No. I said that the mechanics were unfamiliar to the current meta and therefore we cannot make an accurate assumption to how it will affect the game.[/b] Let's say a Level 5 Blackwing Synchro with a swarm effect was going to be released in the next booster pack. We can analyse the concept and see what it does. Level 5 - Vayu + Shura, therefore Vayu Turbo becomes more viable, bumping Blackwings up a gear. Swarm effect - supports standard deck goal of swarming for the OTK, therefore Blackwings become a better, more fearsome deck.[b]Irrelevant as I wasn't even referring to anything similar to this[/b] Now let's try that with Excess Monsters: Kept in deck - reduces number of other cards and so clogs deck space, making them only usable if they are really worth using (i.e. have good effects and/or can be summoned quickly). Can only be summoned with very specific field conditions from the hand - Makes them dead draws a lot of the time and would require a deck to be built around the concept of summoning Excess Monsters, making them rarely splashable unless they have an effect that really supports an archetype AND are easily summonable quickly. More specific summoning conditions than Synchros - requires a deck built around them, making them obsolete unless they receive lots of fantastic support.[b]That is what I said. Even if it's effect on a normal effect/tuner monster would benefit meta, doesn't mean it will do so on an Excess monsters[/b] Overall effect concept would cause on the metagame - little unless they have good support and have the right types/attributes/names to fit into other decks rather than Pure Excess.

See. I gave a very brief analysis of the concept and the effect it has on the metagame, disproving your comment comprehensively.

It's arguably one of the best three decks this format [b]This doesn't even remotely answer my question.[/b]
[/quote]

This card is no longer an entree in the contest in my eyes. You can ask Josh to review it. You obviously do not want me to comment it.

[quote]JoshIcy was utterly stupid to employ someone who is not "on top" of the current metagame. [/quote]
I had asked Kokonoe (one of the original judge choices along with yourself), upon your disdain for LCC to review it. If I see no replies in the thread about the updates by tomorrow, I will do all of them myself. (And do you still want this threads title changed, now is the time: I'm going to be on YCM for a bit more than normal for a few things).

[quote][i]I do find this comment (no offense to you at all) ignorant and offensive. You don't know enough about me to make such assumptions and therefore have no viability or right to say such things about me. Though no offense to you as you've nothing to go off of except what I posted.[/i]

[u]BAWWWWWWW (disregard that, I suck co-) You do?[/u] [b]I swing both ways.[/b]

[u]I do actually know you sufficiently to make some form of a judgement of reviewing ability and character. I have seen your cards[/u]. [i]Incorrect. Just because you've seen my cards, you've no idea what my 'character' is.[/i] [b]That was a poor choice of wording. I have been active on this site for more than two years and have been active in the RC section for all of that time (my first post was here). I have easily enough information based on how much I have read your posts, seen your threads and observed you in conservation with others and myself.[/b]

[i]Also I'll kindly ask you to remove that subtitle because that is very offensive and hurtful. It suggests I'm unfair and (to me) insults my commenting skills. It's unnecessary and somewhat rude[/i]. [u]It isn't rude[/u],[i]Yes it is. Unnecessary remarks such as that are rude and ignorant[/i] [u]it is a calculated statement based on my knowledge of you and your style of commenting and card making.[/u][i]You obviously do not if that is your subtitle.[/i] [u]In my opinion it's a valid statement, as I know I won't win an award.[/u][i]You do not.[/i] [b]Yes I do.[/b] [u]I'm a fair person.[/u] [i]You've just contradicted yourself[/i]. [b]No I haven't.[/b] [i]You made an unfair accusations against me based off of inaccurate data.[/i] [b]It isn't inaccurate at all.[/b] [i]Just because I don't rate according to something like 'meta' does not mean a card made for 'meta' will not appeal to my thoughts[/i] [b]Most of the time they won't, because as we clarified earlier you have little knowledge about the current metagame. The point of cards based around the current metagame is that they appeal as a whole to competitive players and analysts of the game. You are not a competitive player, an analyst or even someone with knowledge about the current metagame, therefore it is highly likely that the vast majority of cards tailored to the metagame will fly over your head.[/b] [i]I may comment one way but if you present me with a fair and decent argument, my comment becomes subject to change as I've now learned something new and therefore have reason to change my views.[/i] [u]It's nice to see someone open to the views of others.[/u]
[u]I am insulting your commenting skills[/u] [i]This is inappropriate[/i] [b]HOW is it inappropriate? I have a right to express my opinions, and in my opinion you are not fit to be a judge of a competition that regards a new (-ish, admittedly as it is remarkably similar to another mechanic as we will explore later). Why do I not have the right to express my views? Are you better than me?[/b] [u]- JoshIcy was utterly stupid to employ someone who is not "on top" of the current metagame.[/u] [i]This is just as 'utterly stupid'[/i] [b]Explain how and why. Without any evidence or justification presented that comment is a direct insult. Unlike my comment about your reviewing skills, that comment has no explanation or evidence to support it. You haven't even bothered to explain anything.[/b] [u]When reviewing cards that are pioneering a new concept or even just reviewing cards, you must acknowledge the metagame, the more you analyse the better. To make the main judge of a competition regarding a new concept someone who knows little about the metagame is a ridiculous thing to do and I am very sorry for expressing my opinion.[/u] [i]Well if I'm so hopelessly incompetent I shall pass over this card. This is not because I'm peeved about your excessive and unnecessary rudeness, but because you obviously do not want me to comment this card. Therefore I shall respect your desire and ignore this card as an entree. If another Josh or another Judge feels they wish to review this then that's them.[/i] [b]Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Film directors aren't allowed to ban critics from reviewing their films. Also, if I didn't want you to review this then why did I send you a message with the link? Of course I wanted you to review this. In this community competition, everyone's entry counts if they request a review (which I did). You have no right to just refuse to review this because I "insulted" you. Don't lie, of course it's because you were BAWWWWWing. If you just thought that I didn't want you to comment then all you have done is either ignored this thread entirely or left a single post saying something like "I will respect your desire and pass this card over.".[/b]

[i]"Excess Monsters have yet to enter into the TCG / OCG therefore no one has any idea how it would affect meta."[/i]
[u]That is the one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone on this site say. Just because something hasn't been released doesn't mean we have no idea of how it would affect the metagame.[/u][i]Is that what I said? No. I said that the mechanics were unfamiliar to the current meta and therefore we cannot make an accurate assumption to how it will affect the game.[/i] [b]I never thought you would actually stoop as low to edit your post removing something incriminating to get leeway in an argument. You did say that, and as soon as I started to use it a powerful argumentative point you removed it. I wouldn't just make up a random quote and say you said it. You are lying to win an argument, and that's wrong. Now that I have that out of the way, let's actually move to the meat of that statement. The mechanics ARE familiar - Excess monsters are basically Synchros with more restrictive summoning conditions that are kept in the deck. As they dead-drawy and situational, they are similar to Rituals. Based on the comparisons we can make, we can make an accurate assumption of how they would affect the metagame. I know the metagame well enough to be to make a statement like that. You don't. Learn to understand why.[/b] [u]Let's say a Level 5 Blackwing Synchro with a swarm effect was going to be released in the next booster pack. We can analyse the concept and see what it does. Level 5 - Vayu + Shura, therefore Vayu Turbo becomes more viable, bumping Blackwings up a gear. Swarm effect - supports standard deck goal of swarming for the OTK, therefore Blackwings become a better, more fearsome deck.Irrelevant as I wasn't even referring to anything similar to this Now let's try that with Excess Monsters: Kept in deck - reduces number of other cards and so clogs deck space, making them only usable if they are really worth using (i.e. have good effects and/or can be summoned quickly). Can only be summoned with very specific field conditions from the hand - Makes them dead draws a lot of the time and would require a deck to be built around the concept of summoning Excess Monsters, making them rarely splashable unless they have an effect that really supports an archetype AND are easily summonable quickly. More specific summoning conditions than Synchros - requires a deck built around them, making them obsolete unless they receive lots of fantastic support.That is what I said. Even if it's effect on a normal effect/tuner monster would benefit meta, doesn't mean it will do so on an Excess monsters Overall effect concept would cause on the metagame - little unless they have good support and have the right types/attributes/names to fit into other decks rather than Pure Excess.

See. I gave a very brief analysis of the concept and the effect it has on the metagame, disproving your comment comprehensively.[/u] [b]I would also like to note how you ignored an entire paragraph of argument. I guess you just thought I didn't want you to comment on it and "ignored it as an entree" (it's "entry", by the way).[/b]

[i]Now, again before I can comment properly, since the intent behind this seems to be 'Quickdraw Debu-Hime', I'll need to know what that is.[/i]
[u]It's arguably one of the best three decks this format[/u]. [i]This doesn't even remotely answer my question.[/i] [b]Okay. Quickdraw Debu-Hime is a deck that relies off the speed and power of summoning Synchros quickly using Glow-Up Bulb, Spore, Debris Dragon and Quickdraw Synchron. It focuses around using the effects of the above cards to swarm the field with Synchros and use powerful effects to clear the field to attack for game. Cards like Lonefire Blossom are used to gain field advantage and Synchro fodder.[/b][/quote]

The title's fine as it is. Although it isn't as attention-grabbing it's more snappy and rolls off the tongue.

It's good. A nice Tuner that can easily be run because of the ability to use a variation of different levels. It enables you to run things should as Chevalier de Fleur; Junk Destroyer. Hell, there are a bunch of easy ways to get this out as well. I mean, Quickdraw dumps Dandy and brings itself out (2 Fluff), Exceed this with Quickdraw and 1 Token then you can bring out any Generic Level 7/8.

I don't care what CC thinks. Expect something for this.

[quote name='Kokonoe' timestamp='1294144951' post='4910967']
It's good. A nice Tuner that can easily be run because of the ability to use a variation of different levels. It enables you to run things should as Chevalier de Fleur; Junk Destroyer. Hell, there are a bunch of easy ways to get this out as well. I mean, Quickdraw dumps Dandy and brings itself out (2 Fluff), Exceed this with Quickdraw and 1 Token then you can bring out any Generic Level 7/8.

I don't care what CC thinks. Expect something for this.
[/quote]

Thank you very much, Kokonoe. It's nice to see a reviewer in CC that knows what he's talking about. Nice combo, by the way.

More cards to come, I'm working on a Level 2 one now.

Mikhail Tal, you are a stupendously arrogant kid.

I don't know what kind of self-proclaimed title you back your insults behind, but seriously, you are starting to sound childish, idiotic and pompous. These are three defining characteristics I find hard to deal with. Get a grip on yourself, shut your mouth, or get off the forum until you can. Heck, flame me, whatever. I won't care for the know-it-all attitudes of a person three years younger than me.

[quote name='Lord Ursus' timestamp='1294169230' post='4911379']
Mikhail Tal, you are a stupendously arrogant kid.

I don't know what kind of self-proclaimed title you back your insults behind, but seriously, you are starting to sound childish, idiotic and pompous. These are three defining characteristics I find hard to deal with. Get a grip on yourself, shut your mouth, or get off the forum until you can. Heck, flame me, whatever. I won't care for the know-it-all attitudes of a person three years younger than me.
[/quote]

How about you back the hell off and stop being so arrogant yourself.

I don't know why you seemed it fit to comment in such a way and not post ANYTHING on the actual cards. Why do you seem yourself fit to do so? Because you see yourself higher than him, most probably. Also, I don't know what your definition of some of those words are, but I can tell you that he is certainly not some of the words you claimed. He stated a fact, CC attacked him for it, he retaliated. As is the way of life.

Now, how about you post something on the actual cards? Or are you too scared that we'll knock you down a few pegs? Whatever, I won't take this kind of above-everyone-else attitudes of a person two years younger than me.

Archived