Spoon's Single Pop Culture Character Collection (SSPCCC)

Spoon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='StitchMayhem' timestamp='1300252762' post='5076451']
Awesome jobs on the cards. The only issue I found with these is that the Panty & Stocking card isn't loading, nor is the Imageshack link. You may need to re-upload the card.[/quote]

Huh, it works fine for me :blink:
But since you did the work and actually opened the spoiler before saying "great cards", I'll reupload it ;)

PS: And while we're at it, here's Rikku. Hurray for Rikku :lol:
PSS: And a character from a game I just finished... was decent.

Wow, that is absolutely amazing.

I watch Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt quite often, so I was pretty upset that it was the only card that wasn't loading on my computer. :D

After finally seeing it, I wish that were a real card. My Deck consists of Light Fairy-type monsters, so it would be pretty fitting in my Deck. Although, I don't think I have seen very many Dark Fairy-type monsters. :mellow:

The effect on that card is amazing, I'd sure love to battle with it (if it were a real card).

Maybe Konami could make an official monster with the same effect? I'd buy it. :D

Let's just hope it isn't added to that forbidden list, it reminds me of "Thousand-Eye Restrict", with the exception of removing the "your opponent cannot attack" effect and the mass requirement of Light and Dark Fairy-type monsters.

Wonderful job, I love it. Great job on choosing the photo, too. :D

I'm also going to ask you a question. Do you take card requests?

[quote name='StitchMayhem' timestamp='1300330493' post='5078129']
Wow, that is absolutely amazing.

I watch Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt quite often, so I was pretty upset that it was the only card that wasn't loading on my computer. :D

After finally seeing it, I wish that were a real card. My Deck consists of Light Fairy-type monsters, so it would be pretty fitting in my Deck. Although, I don't think I have seen very many Dark Fairy-type monsters. :mellow:[/quote]
They're called "Darklords" a small series of DARK Fairy-Type monsters that work with the Graveyard, and one of my favourite Archetypes (Here's a [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Darklord"]Link[/url]).

[quote]The effect on that card is amazing, I'd sure love to battle with it (if it were a real card).

Maybe Konami could make an official monster with the same effect? I'd buy it. :D

Let's just hope it isn't added to that forbidden list, it reminds me of "Thousand-Eye Restrict", with the exception of removing the "your opponent cannot attack" effect and the mass requirement of Light and Dark Fairy-type monsters.

Wonderful job, I love it. Great job on choosing the photo, too. :D[/quote]
Thank you very much, always glad when somebody is so passionate about cards (even if they're not mine ;)). I doubt that this card would find much use in the real game, too complicated, not enough impact. But I could also be totally wrong, we'll most likely never know :(

[quote]I'm also going to ask you a question. Do you take card requests?[/quote]
Usually not, I make the cards when I feel like it, thus they're usually from games or animes I recently played/saw or generally like. You can always try it and ask (doesn't hurt, promised :P), but it really depends on my mood and my knowledge of that character if I'll really do it in the end.

[quote]They're called "Darklords" a small series of DARK Fairy-Type monsters that work with the Graveyard, and one of my favourite Archetypes (Here's a Link).[/quote]

Hmm, interesting. I haven't really heard of the Darklords until now, since I rarely use GX or 5 D's cards (with the exception of the Elemental Heroes, those cards are pretty nice).

[quote]Thank you very much, always glad when somebody is so passionate about cards (even if they're not mine ). I doubt that this card would find much use in the real game, too complicated, not enough impact. But I could also be totally wrong, we'll most likely never know[/quote]

Thousand-Eye Restrict was useful enough to be added to the forbidden card list, I'm sure that card would do well in a duel, too. :)

[quote]Usually not, I make the cards when I feel like it, thus they're usually from games or animes I recently played/saw or generally like. You can always try it and ask (doesn't hurt, promised ), but it really depends on my mood and my knowledge of that character if I'll really do it in the end.[/quote]

Alright, as long as it won't hurt. :lol:

Could you possibly make a Felicia card? She's from the series of DarkStalkers games. It was an arcade fighting game created by Capcom. In my opinion, it's better than Street Fight II. :D

[quote name='StitchMayhem' timestamp='1300353692' post='5078551']
Could you possibly make a Felicia card? She's from the series of DarkStalkers games. It was an arcade fighting game created by Capcom. In my opinion, it's better than Street Fight II. :D[/quote]

She's in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, isn't she? I have no knowledge about Darkstalkers, and MvC 3 would be the first in the series for me (I'm not into 2D Beat 'em Ups, I've grown up with the 3D variants, Tekken, Soul Calibur and such), but I think I'll give the game a shot. And if I get to like the character in that game, she could probably turn into a card. But since my budget is slim (and this month already has a good fighting game, Dissidia ;)), it could take quite a long while till I can actually afford it, let alone play it :lol:

[quote]She's in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, isn't she? I have no knowledge about Darkstalkers, and MvC 3 would be the first in the series for me (I'm not into 2D Beat 'em Ups, I've grown up with the 3D variants, Tekken, Soul Calibur and such), but I think I'll give the game a shot. And if I get to like the character in that game, she could probably turn into a card. But since my budget is slim (and this month already has a good fighting game, Dissidia ), it could take quite a long while till I can actually afford it, let alone play it
[/quote]

Alright, well, if you can't make it, I thank you for trying.

...and yes, she's in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

She's also the catwoman in my signature photo. :D

[quote name='StitchMayhem' timestamp='1300404786' post='5079741']
Alright, well, if you can't make it, I thank you for trying.

...and yes, she's in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

She's also the catwoman in my signature photo. :D[/quote]
It's not that I wouldn't recognize Felicia when I see her, even if I know little about Darkstalkers ;)

[quote name='Mrtman01' timestamp='1300468846' post='5080905']
Request for a Higurashi Card? XD
Pretty sweet collection though =p[/quote]
1. Who's Higurashi?
2. Since I actually have no idea who that is this time, no.
3. Thank you :)

Higurashi is the Series =)
It's my Avatar actually.
Could I ask you to check out my cards for suggestions? You are obviously experienced, and I am rather new O.o...

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/243382-my-naruto-deck-ratefix-shippuden/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/243382-my-naruto-deck-ratefix-shippuden/[/url]

[quote name='Mrtman01' timestamp='1300469374' post='5080917']
Higurashi is the Series =)
It's my Avatar actually.[/quote]
I can barely see that Avatar because it's so small... but isn't that about that girl that stabs people and laughs about it while blood sprays everywhere? Anyway, take a look at the title: "Spoon's [b]Single[/b] Pop Culture [b]Character[/b] Collection".
Now look at the title again: "[b]Spoon's[/b] Single Pop Culture Character Collection"
So we won't come together, I don't know it, haven't seen it, will probably never see it... and I usually don't take any requests. If you're just here to randomly request something, feel free to drop me a PM, but this is not the place, because this thread should be about the cards already posted ;)

[quote]Could I ask you to check out my cards for suggestions? You are obviously experienced, and I am rather new O.o...

[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/243382-my-naruto-deck-ratefix-shippuden/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/243382-my-naruto-deck-ratefix-shippuden/[/url][/quote]
You can, but please do that via PM as well (obviously not needed anymore, but for the future). Will do once I have some time.

[quote name='Live777' timestamp='1300509358' post='5082359']
lolololroflcopterakatez I don't think there's many people who know who Grimmoire Weiss is. Anyway awesome cards.[/quote]
Well they should know it, because the game isn't half bad and the character himself is quite interesting ;)
Thanks, glad you like them.

New card ahead!

[quote name='Talos the Wind Ninja' timestamp='1300749472' post='5088256']
I love Rosalina. It is a very powerful card but not overpowered because of its high level and that it is a ritual monster. Anyway it is amazing.
[/quote]
Thank you :)
And now, open the spoilers and look at the other cards as well... please? :unsure:

During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card attacks, you can change the battle position of the attack target (Flip Effects are not activated). When this card is selected as an attack target, you can discard 1 card to flip the attacking monster to face-down Defense Position. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, select and activate 1 of the following effects:
●Draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.
●This card gains 300 ATK.

Maria just does too much... isn't she supposed to protect things? I'm pretty sure Fayt is the Power of Destruction...
Piercing AND a damage effect seems like too much, though it would make sense if you kept her as a spammable Book of Moon...

[quote name='Expelsword' timestamp='1300908262' post='5091863']
Maria just does too much... isn't she supposed to protect things? I'm pretty sure Fayt is the Power of Destruction...
Piercing AND a damage effect seems like too much, though it would make sense if you kept her as a spammable Book of Moon...[/quote]

To be entirely accurate, she has the power of "Alteration"... and altering things is exaclty what the card does, mainly the battle position of the opponent's monsters ;) She got Piercing because of her weapons, those laser guns usually pierce through quite a lot, and don't get me started on "Energy Burst" :lol: The attack protection effect should resemble, in some form or another, "Magnetic Field", but if I know try to inherite her Melee Skills as well, it get's out of hand. I could cut the draw effect though, it's not really needed here. If you have any other ideas on how to represent her accurately, please tell me, I'm always open for suggestions :)

Been a while since I've seen this thread...

I love Meta Knight, to be sure, but I have to say I'm most impressed with Puppetmon. It's a unique and fitting effect - very abusable, yet requiring a good bit of setup to do so (Lava Golem, anyone?), so it really only works in a deck built around it...which I must say would be a very fun deck indeed!

[quote name='Lord Smeagle' timestamp='1301075044' post='5095741']
Been a while since I've seen this thread...[/quote]
And it's been a while since I were in your Arcadia thread :(

[quote]I love Meta Knight, to be sure, but I have to say I'm most impressed with Puppetmon. It's a unique and fitting effect - very abusable, yet requiring a good bit of setup to do so (Lava Golem, anyone?), so it really only works in a deck built around it...which I must say would be a very fun deck indeed![/quote]
Thanks a bunch, glad that someone actually opens the spoiler and looks at other cards than just the ones that currently new :lol:
As for Puppetmon: Well, Lava Golem is already under your opponent's control, so you cannot give it to them :P You'd most likely use Tokens or the usual Tribute Engines like Frog or such to get the job done, and that's what would make him overpowered in the end, I guess. But Yugioh-theory was never my strongpoint, I'm glad you like the idea :) Here's a random +Rep for you... because yeah, Chuck Norris says so.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1301076722' post='5095771']
And it's been a while since I were in your Arcadia thread :(

[/quote]

Writer's block, sue me. :P

[quote name='Spoon']Thanks a bunch, glad that someone actually opens the spoiler and looks at other cards than just the ones that currently new :lol:
As for Puppetmon: Well, Lava Golem is already under your opponent's control, so you cannot give it to them :P You'd most likely use Tokens or the usual Tribute Engines like Frog or such to get the job done, and that's what would make him overpowered in the end, I guess. But Yugioh-theory was never my strongpoint, I'm glad you like the idea :) Here's a random +Rep for you... because yeah, Chuck Norris says so.
[/quote]

I was thinking more like hand your monsters over to your opponent, tribute them for Lava Golem, then grab it for yourself (or grab the other monster, throw Puppetmon in Defense Mode and commence stall-trolling.)

Archived