Pokemon Role Play: Orb Of Legends[Accepting/not Started]

TheGenuine

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a thought/question/concern, but will probably join pending the response.

The story regards the three legendary dogs. Yet I see that some characters are already wielding Pokemon at the levels of Kyurem, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Zekrom. These are Pokemon at strengths considered to far exceed the legendary dog trio. I think your plot is backwards. You should be holding the LOWER class legends and aiming for the higher legends.

In Platinum, for example, Cyrus needed the lake trio (Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie) to create the Red Chain, and only then did he even have a shot at capturing Dialga and Palkia. This feels more like if Cyrus had Dialga and Palkia instead to create the Red Chain, and wanted to capture the lake trio. If legends were disallowed entirely, then aiming for the legendary dogs would make sense. Whoever controls the legendary dogs would have the power, prestige, and so on that served as their inspiration to go on the quest. But if you already control legends, that extra power is superfluous, and it's not even a real boost in strength because you're holding higher legends.

If you want to allow legends, then the plot should reflect the escalation of power. The legendary dogs seems like an anticlimactic goal.

Well, my personal solution would have been to specify different, more powerful legends, as the subjects of the control. After all, Groudon and Kyorgre were manipulated with the Red and Blue orbs, weren't they (not really familiar with details of Hoenn games), but Dialga and Palkia needed the Red Chain, fashioned from the lake Trio, in order to be controlled.

My initial assumption would have been Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem, as opposed to owning them and aiming for the legendary beasts.

I'm working on an app, and have to wonder: Is Giratina too good to be reserved?

[spoiler=my app][b]Name:[/b] evilfusion

[b]RP name:[/b] Patrick ("Rick") Evos

[b]Gender:[/b] Male

[b]Age:[/b] 18

[b]Appearance:[/b] Jet black hair covers his bangs and extends down to his neck in the back. His skin is somewhat pallid, as he rarely spends time in the sun if he can help it. His eyes are a pale green, and he wears a gray jacket over a white shirt and black jeans. He carries a bag on his shoulder and keeps a Pokeball on a chain around his neck. This is probably just a good luck charm, as he has his team's Pokeballs in his pockets.

[b]Team: [/b]Trainer

[b]Bio:[/b] Growing up in Sinnoh, Rick was fascinated by the innumerable Pokemon myths, and spent a sizeable portion of his childhood researching them, for little else but the stories surrounding the mythos, and the various contradictions that were common in legends. As he grew older, he continuted to read up on the various Pokemon, and heard of far off places where even more recent discoveries were being made, but it wasn't until he received a Pokemon of his own that he ventured from his home in search of Pokemon. Almost immediately upon receiving the routine starter Pokemon, he found an opportunity to trade it for a Zubat, which he preferred greatly to his original starter.

As part of Rick's fascination with the legends, he visited the Old Chateau and there he captured his first Pokemon, a Rotom. From there, he expanded his team primarily to include Ghost-type Pokemon, finding them some of the most underappreciated and fascinating Pokemon to exist.

This fascination eventually drew him to Turnback Cave, where he encountered Giratina. Despite being overwhelmed by the ghostly legend, and defeated more times than he could count, Patrick pursued the legendary dragon, trying to learn more and more strategies along the way, until at last he not only recognized Giratina's cues during battle, but was able to command his Pokemon to counter them. Although he and his team were no match for Giratina, the anti-matter Pokemon permitted him to access the Distortion World. He was rewarded with a hatchling Giratina, which took a liking to him.

Mildly bewildered upon his return to the Turnback Cave, Patrick tried to research and discover the origin of the Pokemon allowed to him, but was forced to conclude that there just wasn't a known answer. Since then, he has continued his training and traveling, to uncover some more secrets pertaining to Pokemon and their myths.

[b]Personality:[/b] Patrick is a very pleasant, but somewhat quiet individual with great interest pertaining to legends and myths. He also has solid determination when pursuing his interests, and is a very quick learner as a result of his observations, demonstrated most aptly in his rematches at Turnback Cave. He built his team to revolve around a trickster style, allowing his team to be extremely adaptable to counter weaknesses involving their common type. His relationship with Pokemon is founded on respect, and this is why he was allowed the honor of possessing and raising the Giratina.

[b]Region:[/b] Sinnoh

[b]Starter:[/b] Zubat (traded his original Piplup almost immediately)

[b]Pokemon Team: [/b][spoiler=Crobat][b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Moves:[/b] Air Slash, Cross Poison, Double Team, Giga Drain
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rotom][b]Moves[/b]: Electro Ball, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Light Screen
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Giratina][b]Item:[/b] Griseous Orb
[b]Moves:[/b] Shadow Force, Aura Sphere, Earth Power, Energy Ball
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mismagius][b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Moves:[/b] Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Curse
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Froslass][b]Gender:[/b] Female (default)
[b]Moves:[/b] Ice Beam, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Attract
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dusknoir][b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Moves:[/b] Future Sight, Pain Split, Fire Punch, Dark Pulse
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Poeple have been asking about orb and such and reserve legendary pokemon and such.......I kow i will switch first paragraph and such srry for inconviese u guys

and our 3 legendarys where our best bet the reason why the Leaders only have 5 pokemon(Look at Apps) is because that last is saved for the dogs....

I will Talk to my Co-hosts i think We should add 1st and 2nd command officers(For The Dogs groups) and only those can have legendarys....... but i will talk to my Co-hosts....

We also might let a few trainers but for group they have to stay in there type.... or close to it like water and ice...

[quote name='V4.' timestamp='1297728229' post='5009278']
I will Talk to my Co-hosts i think We should add 1st and 2nd command officers(For The Dogs groups) and only those can have legendarys....... but i will talk to my Co-hosts....

We also might let a few trainers but for group they have to stay in there type.... or close to it like water and ice...
[/quote]
Oh. That's okay. Wait, what is close to Electric and Fire?

name: legolover09
Rp Name: Calls himself The Hunter
Bio: Few talk to him, but he does make appearances. When he does, it is usually around a legendary Pokemon. The only time he has stayed around for a while was when there were five legendaries captured. Some say he freed them, some say he captured them. Other don't remember the event, but few know what really happened. They can't tell though. Because those few are gone. He rarely battles, but his Pokemon are powerful. A few other glimpses are known; near Girantina, Arceus, the legendary birds, etc.
Apperance: Shrouded in black cloak, he moves silently across landscape. If you ever look at him, you get the feeling the rest of his outfit is black as well. But not many notice him. But he doesn't want to be noticed. If he opens his cloak back, you would see his poke balls, but they are also black. Except for the button. That is white. His yellow eyes are the only non greyscale item, as he painted his skin.
Team: A hunter that doesn't belong to any team.
Pokemon Region: None
Pokemon Starter: None
Pokemon Team: pmed to V4/Cohosts

If it is okay with you host/cohosts I would like his objective to remain mostly secretive. But I will notify you of it, and his pokemon.

Name: Draconic

Rp Name: Nilad

Bio: Always looked Down down upon but has always had the dream to grow up and train powerful pokemon. Age, 15. When he was a boy His father was taken from him and his mother but left his prize pokemon: Arcanine. Nilad Mantains His father's Arcanine for he does not feel worthy to use it. He Wanders The Region Hopping for the time when he Can use that Arcanine nicknamed Valar. His older Brother was killed by a Hunter who hunts rare pokemon Because he was protecting his Shiny Flygon. Nilad Cares for Flygon as well. Nilad has no family left anywhere anymore, The olny things that matter to him is finding His father's Kidnapper, His Brother's Murderer, and his Pokemon.

Apperance:He Wear a long Black Leather trench coat with a Short-sleved Shirt underneath, He has his Pokeballs Straped To a belt over one Shoulder. His Jeans are old and worn as they are his favorite. His Hobo Gloves are Grey whereas his Shoes are Brown. His Watch is The only Clothing he cherishes as it was a gift from his Mother.

Team: Trainer That Wanders
Pokemon Region: Sinnoh
Pokemon Starter: Turtwig
Pokemon Team: Tortera, Raichu, Lucario, Arcanine(When he feels worthy,) Flygon(again the same objection), Palkia

Archived