Karakuri Rulings and Timings

peaceeasy

I'm a bit new to YGO, about a month playing so I wanna get these rulings right so I don't misplay.

1) Opponent has 1200/1200 monster and attacks a Nisamu (1400/200) with the following effect:
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card on the field is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Karakuri" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.

I play: switch battle positions, Nisamu is destroyed, I take no battle damage, and special summon a Kk monster in face-up attack.

2) Trick House timing. Same as above, but activate Trick House at battle position switch.
Activate only when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed . Select 1 card on the field, and destroy it.

I play: use trick house to destroy attacking monster, my Nisamu is saved because attacking monster didn't make it to battle step.

3) Karakuri Klock. I think I got this ruling down, but it doesn't trigger at position switch to defense, but rather the Kk monster already has to be in defense already.

4) Sazank, it's face down on the field, opponents turn and attacks it with 2000.

I play: Sazank flips up, use effect to destroy attack monster, Sazank still dies.

5) Sazank vs Snow Eater. Sazank is face down, Snow Eater is face down, opponent plays Ancient Forest:
When you activate this card, change any Defense Position monster(s) to face-up Attack Position. Flip Effects are not activated at this time. If a monster attacks, destroy it at the end of that turn's Battle Phase.
My understanding is that snow eaters and sazanks effects aren't flip effects because it doesn't say FLIP: but rather trigger effects because they get flipped up. But question is, who gets to use their effect, Sazank or Snow Eater?

6) Possible combo? Nisamu with Machina Armored Unit on the field. Since Karakuri's have to attack, if my Nisamu attacks an opponents monster with attack 1400+ and dies, do I get to activate it's effect and Machina Armored Unit's effect and special summon two monsters?

That's if for now, thank you.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='peaceeasy' timestamp='1298787855' post='5037688']
5) Sazank vs Snow Eater. Sazank is face down, Snow Eater is face down, opponent plays Ancient Forest:
When you activate this card, change any Defense Position monster(s) to face-up Attack Position. Flip Effects are not activated at this time. If a monster attacks, destroy it at the end of that turn's Battle Phase.
My understanding is that snow eaters and sazanks effects aren't flip effects because it doesn't say FLIP: but rather trigger effects because they get flipped up. But question is, who gets to use their effect, Sazank or Snow Eater?
[/quote]

Both. These are both Mandatory Trigger Effect, so the turn player's card becomes Chain Link #1, and the opponent's becomes Chain Link #2. Assuming these are the only two monsters on the field, it'll probably end up as follows:

Chain Link #1 - Snowman Eater (destroying Sazank).
Chain Link #2 - Sazank (sending Snowman Eater to the Graveyard).

Resolving:

Chain Link #2 - Sazank sends Snowman Eater to the Graveyard.
Chain Link #1 - Snowman Eater destroys Sazank.

[quote name='peaceeasy' timestamp='1298787855' post='5037688']
6) Possible combo? Nisamu with Machina Armored Unit on the field. Since Karakuri's have to attack, if my Nisamu attacks an opponents monster with attack 1400+ and dies, do I get to activate it's effect and Machina Armored Unit's effect and special summon two monsters?
[/quote]

Yes, you can activate both.

Archived