[Official Thread] Exceed Monsters

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1299319070' post='5052199']
No, PSZ or Birdman won't be removed. Why? Overlays are [b][i]not[/i][/b] treated as being on the field. Removing Exceed Material Monster is putting to Grave, not sending
[/quote]
I'f we follow that logic then PSZ and Birdman would be removed once they are used for a Exceed Summon, leaving your Exceed monster with one less Material.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1299315165' post='5052152']
Eh, Ganondorf and Northwemko or whatever they're called aren't 'bad' - Glads Fuse, Worms can go for Fusion, Synchro Fusions are somewhat unterrible. Syncho Summoning requires less Deck dedication and is more available to a larger amount of Decks - as is Exceed Summoning. It's only sensible they get more support.
[/quote]
I agree with you on Garlandolf and Northwemko, those guys are actually good, so is Herald (He's actually the best) but I'm kinda greedy so I want more than that. Konami should invest time in making some splashable Ritual Monsters. I want to see Rituals used more by the general public.

Can I get a Ritual Trap Card? You know, one that activates when an opponent's monster attacks or is Normal Summoned and uses them for the Ritual? Can I get a Ritual Spell that summons from the Graveyard? Or the Deck? Can I get some loose Ritual requirements that don't rely on level? Like, Type, Attribute or even ATK/DEF? Can we make a Dimensional Alchemist for Ritual Spells (or Traps)?

Also, Synchro Fusions suck and you know it. Supreme Arcanite is worse than the original Arcanite by miles, Draco's effects are useless and Gaia is too much of a pain to summon with a near useless effect as well. I was really excited when Konami advertised "Fusion Support" for DREV but the only Fusion Support was Synchro Fusionist, who was a step in the right direction, but more is needed IMO.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1299337241' post='5052453']
Your post makes no sense. Monsters used for Exceeds [b][i][u]never[/u][/i][/b] leave the field in first place
[/quote]
So when they become Exceed Material they are on the field, then when sent to the Graveyard they don't count as being sent there from the field? So where were they just now? Are you following me?

This is my 1st post coining the term Exceed Space. Exceed Materials count as being in Exceed Space while they are Material Monsters. That fixes all problems.

[quote name='~ Epic Hero - Saber ~' timestamp='1299337515' post='5052469']
So...

PSZ + QBH = Rank 2 spamfest?
[/quote]

But that requires putting a card in hand on top of your deck each time. Not exactly a spam fest unless the Exceed monster can let you draw cards by removing Exceed Material Monsters.

[quote]But that requires putting a card in hand on top of your deck each time. Not exactly a spam fest unless the Exceed monster can let you draw cards by removing Exceed Material Monsters.
[/quote]

Formula Exceed
Rank 2
2x Level 2 Monsters
When this card is exceed summoned, draw 1 card. This card is treated as level 2. During your opponent's turn you Exceed summon using this card as an Exceed material monster.

Rank 2 spamfest?

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1299339712' post='5052547']
Formula Exceed
Rank 2
2x Level 2 Monsters
When this card is exceed summoned, draw 1 card. This card is treated as level 2. During your opponent's turn you Exceed summon using this card as an Exceed material monster.
[/quote]

KONAMI, MAKE THIS CARD OR I'LL STRANGLE ALL OF YOU!

I'm pretty sure at least 1 Exceed monster is gonna hit the banlist, and about everybody knows that.
They look pretty fun. I wanted to try them out when they were first announced. And I'm gonna laugh when No.39 is gonna get loads of support, just like Dark Magician, Neos, and Stardust.
Though, I'm pretty sure people can wait for the rule book when the Starter Deck comes out on how the materials are placed, pretty much what I'm gonna do.
Lol at above posts that want support for stuff. Too be honest, I want major support for other stuff too, like the Cyber Girls or something. Splashable Fusions wouldn't hurt, like if it said, "2 DARK monsters" or "1 DARK monster + 1 LIGHT monster" with a pretty good effect, it would probably be run in about any Deck that can easily pull of the Fusion.

Anyways, back on topic with Exceeds. Pretty epic, pretty much want to use No.39, because I'm pro like that. Disigma for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Updated the opening post with new information.

Now that we know that Exceed Materials don't count as card while they are overlaid, I assume we can now perform, PSZ/Birdman/Chain Dog shenanigans.

Divine Wind of the the Mist Valley Rank 3 Fest?

So far theres no way to give them more overlaid monsters, leaving them useless after a few turns. And on another not sense tokens cant be used, they can't be brought out and abused as much as people had hoped. For now Im going to say that Synchros are better, but I will say Exceeds will get more broken with time.

[quote name='Skyfi' timestamp='1300323383' post='5077886']
So far theres no way to give them more overlaid monsters, leaving them useless after a few turns. And on another not sense tokens cant be used, they can't be brought out and abused as much as people had hoped. For now Im going to say that Synchros are better, but I will say Exceeds will get more broken with time.
[/quote]
There's no place for this mechanic to go but broke. Summoner Monk is going to see a lot more play now that he has a new mechanic to lend is tutoring to. The reason they have mediocre effects is because they are ridiculously easy to summon, with the only ones that need any real skill to use being Rank 5+ monsters (And not even because Mainspring just pumps those out on a daily basis.)

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1299339712' post='5052547']
Formula Exceed
Rank 2
2x Level 2 Monsters

Rank 2 spamfest?
[/quote]
<================================3

Only thing I've learned here is that Exceed Materials are considered just that. They are no long considered "Monsters", just as "Exceed Materials". Might as well consider them as "Counters" for the sake of understanding how they work better; Counters which get sent to the Graveyard instead of simply disappearing. The materials are NOTHING OF THEIR FORMER SELVES!

Still not comfortable with the "Materials stay with the face-down Exceed" rule. It just doesn't "feel" right. Oh well.

[quote name='slayer_supreme' timestamp='1300392178' post='5079240']
Dimensional Fissure doesn't remove from play Exceed Materials o.O
[/quote]

That's why I said to treat them as "Counters" and that they were nothing of their former selves. Names, Effects, Types, etc become, as it would seem, non-existent when they become overlayed.

They are sent to the Graveyard as an "Exceed Material", not as a "Monster" or as an "Exceed Material Monster". Since they are not considered as "Monsters" in any way, Dimensional Fissure cannot remove them from play instead.

Archived