Seeing Red- PG 16 / Co-owned by Illyria (IC Thread/Accepting Via OOC thread)

Dark Lightning

"They....They attacked from nowhere" Age said speaking for the first time in weeks. "The Demens they've launched a full scale attack on this town. I don't know why, but it's my job to stop them. So I attacked a group of them, but I got injured in the proce....Ahh" Age started bleeding more from his wound. Age quickly took off his tie and tied it tightly around his shoulder. "We need to do something" Age said. "but what can we do to stop this attack."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian came up to the hole in the wall and looked inside. It was pure chaos. There were Demens running around everywhere. They were killing everyone and destroying everything. Brian turned back to his squad to give out his orders. "Mike! Teresa! Focus on taking out anyone with guns! Then take out the stronger ones! Cally! Stay with Mike and Teresa and watch their backs! Cole! You're with me! Now move!" Brian commanded.

Mike and Teresa grabbed their rifles off their backs and began taking out Demens while Cally stood between them checking everywhere for any attackers. Cole pulled the axe off his back while Brian pulled his blades out of their sheaths. He nodded towards Cole, and Cole nodded back. They then back charging towards the two groups in front of them.

Cole veered left towards the group of four trying to break into a fortified building with people held up inside. Brian veered right to the group of five that had three people cornered. As Cole swung his axe into his first victim, Brian pounced upon the first of the five stabbing both blades through his neck and down into his chest. As the man fell to the ground dead, Brian pulled his swords from the dead body and faced the remaining four as they drew their own swords.

"Since I'm a nice guy, I'll give you four a chance. Throw your weapons down now and surrender. Or turn out like your friend at my feet." Brian said as he prepared to attack. He was pretty sure he knew their choice.

One of the four men laughed and said, "There are four of us, and on of you! You only killed him because you attacked him from behind. It's going to be you that will die."

Brian smirked at the guy. He figured that was the answer he would get. Then he charged forward towards the man. The man swung his blade and Brian ducked under it and stabbed him in the chest. Then he whipped around in circle cutting another man's stomach open. As the first two dropped to the ground, Brian stood and began parrying with the last two men. Thrust, slice, lunge, slice, over and over from both men on both sides. But neither man could find an opening. Suddenly, Brian dropped down and rolled to his right and past one of the men. Then stood back up and stabbed him in the back and faced the last remaining man.

The last man stood in horror as Brian simply smiled and attacked. He attack furiously, but was going for no kills. He was simply toying with the man now. The man, inexperienced as he was, was doing a decent job parrying. Until he made a mistake. He thought he saw an opening and went for it, but Brian was waiting for him to do that. With his left blade he knocked the mans swords wide and, using his right blade, stabbed him in the throat and fell to the ground dieing.

Brian quickly wiped his blades clean and looked over at Cole as he was ripping his axe from a dead body. They nodded to each other just before Cole took off.

"Thank you!" Came a voice from behind him. Brian turned and saw the three civilians sitting there scared out of their mind.

"You're welcome. Now, you need to get somewhere safe. Now." Brian told them. They nodded and took off towards the fortified building Cole just saved. Brian then turned towards Mike, Teresa, and Cally.

"We're moving forward! Let's go!" He told them.

(OOC: Long post is long, dang. >.>)

The man hadn't landed on his feet like Ace, however before anyone could act, dust and debris came flying from the destryoed building, filling the air with dust and making it impossible to see. However, Aidan didn't usually have to rely on his sight. He heard the man fiddling with his guns, and before the dust settle, Aidan rushed around to behind the man and, as the dust cleared, leaped into the air readying his halberd for an over the head swing, aiming to cleave the man in twain. If things went just right, Aidan would have killed again. However, things usually didn't go just right in Aidan's life, so he was still prepared for anything.

Hyoma wasn't surprised that there'd be a surprise attack. It was the perfect chance since there was so much cover and he wasn't being too quiet since he was reloading his gun. You'd expect some of the noise being covered up by a collapsing building. Hyoma turned around as he jumped away from the man. As he fired a few shots at the man, his accuracy reduced because of all his movement, the halberd slashed down on him creating a large gash down the center of his chest. He bit hard on his grenade so that he could try and handle some of the pain. "[i]This guy is good.[/i]" He fell onto his back. "[i]These guys are too much to handle on my own.[/i]"

Despite his best efforts, the man got away with merely a scratch. Anything less than death was nothing, in Aidan's eyes. A few more shots were fired at him, and while some missed, one managed to graze above his eye, letting blood blur vision in his right eye. Another hit through his left hand, which was wielding the halberd, hitting a nerve and causing him to drop it by reflex. He kept moving forward, however, and jumped at the man, now fallen on his back. Aidan simple pulled the pin from the grenade that he held in his mouth and then delivered a knockout blow to the man, and quickly jumped back, picking up his halberd, hoping his knock out blow was just that as he got as far away from the ensuing explosion as he could.

OoC: Now kids, what have we learned about carrying explosives in our mouths?

OoC: That usually people with guns just don't let you walk up to them, hit them, crouch down, pull a pin to a grenade in their mouth when they were hoping to do something cool later on, and walk away to pick up a weapon? Anyway...

IC:
Hyoma was in trouble and he knew it. He was barely holding onto conciousness and their was a grenade ready to blow in his mouth. He didn't have much time to react. At most he had a few seconds until the grenade would explode. He let go of one of his SMGs and reached for the grenade. He quickly tossed it to the side with what little he had left only to have it go a few feet away. It did manage to roll a few more feet away though. Most of the damage from the explosion of the damage was avoid but the shockwave caused him to lose the last bit of his conciousness.

"Well I don't know what your going to think of, but the people need the Iniuria Ius out there and we seem to be the only ones here." Age said to Tristian. "I may not be able to use my sword because of the injury on my right shoulder, but I can still use my kunai. With the string attached to it I can handle the battle." Age stood up and dashed out side to pick up his sword and the quickly dashed back into the shop. As he put the sword in the sheath he told Tristian, "So whats the plan, we can't just go rushing in there." When he finished telling Tristian that Age had a look in his eyes that seemed to not scare people anymore, but he had a caring look in his eyes, something that hasn't been seen in his eyes for years.

OOC: Can Illyria please post.

OoC: He was on his back. Aidan has superhumanish abilities. Seemed okay to me, and there was no way I was going to miss a chance at doing something cool like I just did there. Sorry, you can be cool next time.

In his haste to retreat from the grenade, his blow wasn't thorough enough to fully knock out the target. The man managed to pull out the grenade and throw it away to a somewhat safe distance. It exploded and the shockwave finished the job of knocking the man out, and for a split second Aidan thought they were in the clear. However, a piece of shrapnel from the grenade came whizzing at him, grazing his temple non-lethally, though it was enough to knock him out instantly. "Careless..." was all Aidan could manage before the world went black around him. The rest would be up to Ace.

OoC: There, compromise. And Aidan's first word! They grow up so fast. *sniff*

Daichi had been traveling alone sence the morning, something he often did when he needed to clear his head. To no surprise, he came across the ruins of an old city. While traveling through he had stoped to rest his feet after hours of walking when he heard a loud explosion a ways away. He glanced up from his now bare feet-he had removed his shoes to give his feet some fresh air- and he heard, and saw, what was unmistakably a building colapsingunder its own weight. He quickly jumped off the groundand ran tords the building, he turned a corner just in time to see a man, laying on his back, throw what at first Daichi thaught was a rock off to the side. Daichi did not realize what had been thrown until after it blew up. Daichi was so chocked at this it took a few seconds to prosses what had happened. A man laying on his back pulled a gernade out of his mouth and threw it off to the side, after the explosion a boy holding a large halberd, for reasons Daichi couldn't tell, fell to the ground unconcious. "Guy caries a live gernade in his mouth, boy caried around a weapon as big as me......" He then noticed Ace, having rarely paid any atention to enemy posters Daichi could not figure out who the man was. "And come randome dude with a big ass sword. I'm trying to figure out which one of weirder." After some thaught he decided the boy with the halberd was the weird thing, the man with the gernade was crazy, and that ace was relitavely normal conpared to the other two.
Daichi walked forward until he was close enough to be noticed by Ace. He was slightly paranoid about Ace, it is not verry often for him to remember a persons face from a poster or video unless they where inportant, therefore he cept his guard up and was preared to draw his weapons at any time. It ony took a quick glance to see Hyoma's damage, so he continued to Aiden, years ago he would have been woried about any younger persons safety, but at the moment he was just curious as to how he had been nocked out.

((OOC: Sorry for slight inactiveness... I'll text Illyria in a sec..))

Ace watched as the dust level raised. His vision was dimmed, but he tried to keep his eyes open. Ace kept his body prepared for anything, as well as his mind. By now, he could barley see Aiden, and he didnt quite know what was going on beyond the dust and debris. Even though he was aware on the inside, on his exterior he looked rather careless and his eyes would become wild and interested while he still kept the same facial expression. It wasn't long before Ace caught something in the corner of his eye; he knew someone else was there, but right now he figured that he shouldnt make the first move. No matter what happened, Ace knew he wouldn't get caught off guard; he absolutly despised the feeling. Moments later, the dust was lifted and he realized that Aiden was injured and on the ground. He didn't usually care at all about his conrads on the field, considering he didnt have many, yet Aiden was important and skilled. Ace didnt hesitate to come to decision; People were going to die here, and he was going to live. He stuck that statement in his mind and then walked catiously towards a nearly unconcious Hyoma. Ace's steps were slow and steady and his breathing pattern was calm yet murderous.

After the dust cleared Daichi glanced around to make sure he had not missed anything of importance, when he looked back he noticed that Ace was mooving toward Hyoma. He had no idea which of the two unconcious fighters Ace was with, if he was with eather of them, so he had to think quickly. Eather Ace was walking to help an injured comerad, or he was going to land a killing blow to a downed enemy. He knew if he waited for Ace to attack it would be too late to do anything, meaning he had to act right away. He sprinted through the ruble of the falen building untill he was directly between Ace and Hyoma. Daichi stood loosely, arms at his side and his thumbs in his pocket, and faced Ace. "Sorry, but I couldn't take any chances with you trying to attack somebody who can barely move." Now that he was staring Are directly in the face, he was even more certain that he should know him. Daichi didn't need much help to realize that Ace was strong, probably as strong, if not stronger, than he was himself. He new the smart thing would be to run, and not take any chances with his life because of a stranger, but he prefered the stupid choice.

Ace glared down at Hyoma as he appoarched him. Slowly his hard glare, grew into a smile, then a grin, followed by a slight sound of corruppted chucking that was increasing by the second. All of a sudden he stopped dead in his tracks and glanced to his side, feeling movement. Without any warning, the person that was hiding was now standing in front of him. Ace's facial expression grew solemn. He didnt move and he felt a gust of wind come by, taking away more dust and debris and clearing the silence. His cloak flowed with the wind's current and he spoke in a dark, yet careless tone of voice
"Baka. Should have stayed in your hiding place. I might have spared you. But now, your directly in my way. My apologizes, but because of this decision, you will not leave here alive." he said.
The look in Ace's eyes were vacant, and his eyes were occasionly somewhat covered by the strong wind. He gripped the handle of his katana, and didn't move afterwards.

"At least he's polite." Daichi mumbled under his breath, he noticed Ace reaching for his weapon and decoded to do the same. He grabed one of his machetes with his right hand and held it in front of him. Any doubt he had about Ace making an atempt to kill Hyoma. "I can't exactly call myself a man if I sit back and watch you try to kill somebody who can't even fight back. On a side note, just because you couldn't see me doesn't mean I was hiding." He grined at the thaught of a fight. "If you think you have the skill to kill me, the that's fine by me, I will welcome death like an old friend. At least then I will be able to see my brother again in hell."

Ace looked at him, sighed softly and then chuckled manicanically.
"Kill him? No. That would be no fun. I would have played around with him until he found the strength to get back up; then, when he would have been ready to challenge me again, only then would I have killed him." he laughed "Besides, its not in high honor to die without fighting back..."
With a sudden exchange of looks, the battle now began and Ace had stopped talking. There was no hesitation in Ace's movements; his speed was unreal. He jerked his katana out of it's sheath; due to it's size, if the man was not able to react to the motion in time, he would have easily started off with a pretty bad wound. Ace's katana was thin, and made of pure steel; it was also almost reaching 7 ft long in length. The motion of his blade was swift, and it seemed to cut through the thick air.

[i]"This guy is pure evil. He's probably one of the higher ups in the demon group."[/i] Daichi kept his concentration on Ace's sword, so he was prepared for then the attack came, or at least as prepared as he could have been. He had, on many ocations, fought oponents who where faster than he was, but this attack was definately faster that almost anything he had ever defeated in the past, the size of the blade was also a disadvantage considering Daichi's close range fighting style. Daichi had almost no time to react, he moved his blade to the side and angled it so that when the sword landed it only require minimal force to change the tragectory of the oncoming blade. This was how Daichi's fighting style worked, the faster the attack the harder it is for the weilder to stop, and the less energy it took to deflect. While the katanaflew through the air over his head Daichi took this opening he charged at Ace, hoping to close the distance in time, and when he attacked he turned his body in to it and put almost his entire body weight behind the power of the blade. "Ever get cut with a 200 pound machete?!"

Ace was using only one arm to control his katana, and it seemed like an abnormal to do. He kept his eyes on his opponent, and he made sure not to zone off. Ace observed every motion that was being made by Daichi. He watched as he appoarched; however, when Daichi attacked, he didnt expect it to come so quickly. He glanced at the blade that appoarched him and then stepped to his side. His movement seemed a bit late, however because Daichi's blade mananged to cut through his cloak, and also leave a minor cut on the side of his arm. Ace could barely feel the injury, yet he groaned at himself for being so careless. He didn't care at all right now, and his murderous side wasn't raging at this point in the battle. He grabbed the collar of his cloak, and jerked it off, he then let go of the cloak and it was instantly taken by the wind. Ace eyed Daichi with curiousity.

As soon as he realized that he attack had missed its target Daichi lept back with his left leg, It was not enough to get out of range of the sword, but he was far enough to keep an eye on any further movements. [i]"Definately fast, and you must be strong to swing around such a big sword with one hand."[/i] Daichi thought as reached around his body with his left hand and grabed the handle of his second machete off of his back. Daichi prefered fighting with only one weapon but, after feeling the force of the first attack , he knew he would not have that kind of luxury in this fight. He held both weapons Directly in front of him and his eyes moved over every inch of Ace's body. "I hope you wheren't planing to defeat me with one attack. Even if you kill me, I entend to be an opponent you wont soon forget. That's just how I am."

As Tristian was about to say something another explosion happened. Age couldn't tell where it came from. " I need to go rescue the people" Age said to Tristian as he started walking out, " when you finally think of something, find me. If you don't, well then, this might be the last time you'll see me." Age ran outside leaving Tristian in the shop. As Age ran and jumped from roof to roof he noticed a group of 5 people, and 3 civilians running away from them. They seemed familiar, but Age didn't recognize them as part of the Iniuria Ius, but of course there are many people in group. It's hard to remember every single person in it. To make sure that they were on the same side he snuck behind a girl and took her hostage with a kunai to her neck. " Who are you" Age yelled out to them, " answer or she dies."

OOC: @ Dwarven King- You can choose who Age took hostage unless there is only one girl. If there's only one my bad.

Brian stopped and turned to where the voice came from. Teresa and Mike pulled out their guns and pointed at the man while Cole hefted his axe. Brian glared at him.

"Cally, don't move" he told her. Then he said to the man "My name is Brian, and I am the leader of this Squad. We are known as the Peace Reapers. We keep peace by killing when needed. We are part of the group known as Iniuria Ius."

Brian continued to glare at the man and noticed a hint of kindness in his eyes, then he drew his right blade and pointed it at the man. "I will not bother to ask you for your name." he said. "Why? Because you are pathetic. You take an unarmed, 14 year old girl as your hostage, just to simply ask who we are. To me that makes you a coward. With that being said, you have three choices. One, you can redeem a little bit of your dignity by releasing the girl and facing me. Two, you can kill the girl and ensure your death by my blades. Three, you can release her and run away like the coward you are. If you choose the third one, you may very well see the next sunrise...if you run fast enough. If you choose one of the first two, I promise you this. You will end up on the ground with your heart ripped out of your chest and shoved down your throat."

Brian continued to give the man a death glare, then asked "Which will it be?"

The sounds of battle stirred Aidan from his unconsciousness. How long had he been alseep? The sun was definitely lower in the sky, but in the heat of battle, telling the time wasn't the biggest concern. As his vision cleared he saw Ace was battling someone else. He looked to the side and saw his old opponent was still out, but for how long, he knew not. He made it to his feet, using his halberd to steady himself while his body got used to being conscious. The new arrival fought with a machete, and the battle between him and Ace seemed even. However, sure of Ace's eventual victory, he instead turned his focus to the unconscious enemy. He walked over to him, steadier on his feet, and reached down to take his weapons from him before he awoke.

OoC: Time to wake up in the nick of time, Desperado, I guess.

Daichi glanced at Aidan as he woke up, he thaught little of it untill he noticed Aidan moving towards Hyoma. This is when Daichi realized how bad his situaten was, he had to protect an unconsious man from not just one, but two members of the demon group. Even if one of themwas an injured child, at least that was how Daichi saw Aidan, it would not take much to tip the fight in to Ace's favor. Daichi had to decide quickly on what to do next, which is exactly what he did. He turned his back on Ace, something he would have never done in most situations, and ran towards the unconcious Hyoma. Daichi slashed his macheti at Aidan's hand as it reached for a weapon, slow enough so that it would be easy for Aidan to avoid but fast enough to stop him from reaching the weapon. Without stopping for any words of threat or greeting to Aidan Daich grabed Hyoma under his arm and ran as fast as he could away from Ace and Aidan.

OoC: Or get saved by Daichi. That works, too.

Before Aidan could take the weapons, Ace's opponent suddenly retreated from the fight and grabbed the unconscious man, warding Aidan off with a slash from his machete, which he easily dodged. He ran with the unconscious man under his arm, trying to get away as fast as he could. He hadn't gotten very far, so Aidan tried a different trick. He grabbed his halberd tightly in both hands and started spinning in a circle, gathering momentum until he was swinging it around like the hammer toss, and he threw it in the direction of the running man. He calculated the trajectory and the man's speed, and knew it would hit him. There was the possibility he could dodge, even though his halberd was specially designed and flew silently through the air, so he still ran as fast as he could to try and catch up. His body now fully operational again, he slowly gained ground as he came from behind and his halberd came from above.

A smile appeared on Age's face. Age then dropped his kunai and let the girl go. "My apologies" Age said, " I'm also part of the Iniuria Ius, but of course it's not a surprise you don't know me. I may not be all that famous in the Iniuria Ius, but I'm one of the best at stealth missions. So I don't even let most of the Iniuria Ius know about me." Brian looked as if he was ready to charge at Age. " As you can see my right shoulder is injured so I needed to take a person hostage, considering all the chaos here. It's hard to trust anyone that you don't know." Age then sat and crossed his legs. " If you don't believe me, then here I am leaving myself wide open."

Brian glared at the man who called himself Age as he sat down on the ground. Cally ran from Age and stood behind Brian staying as close as possible. Then Brian started laughing.

"What's so funny?" asked Age in confusion.

Brian continued to laugh, then calmed down enough to say "Because you are exactly who I thought you were." then continued to laugh some more. Age just sat there all confused until Brian stopped laughing. Brian then looked down on Age and said, "I may look and appear like a brute from the Demens he grew a heart, but I'm not just a brute. I also have a good mind, a good memory, and I always pay attention to detail. That's how I knew you are who you say. I overheard a side conversation. Only about two minutes of it, but I learned your name, your appearance, and how you act. Just now, you fit all of those things, even the twinkle in your eye. So I knew you were an ally, and I also knew you would not hurt Cally. But, even though that was a good move on your part, I do not agree of using such actions. And if I ever catch you doing it again, I'll kill you."

Brian stopped and looked around, and then asked "What's going on here?"

As Age stood up and picked up his kunai he told brian " Out of what I been able to depict, the demens have launched a full scale attack on this town. I don't know why, but its up to us to stop it. What I'm sure of is that an explosion happened about 1 mile north of here" Age pointed to his right with his left hand. " If I'm correct the one who organized this should be around that point. If we can capture him, we can end this attack." Age walked up to Brian and held up his hand. " So will you and your team join me."

Archived