Seeing Red- PG 16 / Co-owned by Illyria (IC Thread/Accepting Via OOC thread)

Dark Lightning

Daichi turned his head to see if anybody was following him, and he did not like what he saw. A few years back he had once read a book on a samurai code, bushido, which said that a samurai must made his decisionin the time span of seven breaths. At the time he remembered thinking that making an importand decision so quickly would be imposible, but when faced with what was hapening right know he would give anything to have that much time to decide. As he saw the halberd fly through the air, followed by Aidan runing quickly behind, he had to something. He did the first thing he could think of, he dropped the unconcious Hyoma on to the ground, turned completely to face the attacker, and ran. He did not have time to use his weapon to knock the haulbered out of the air, so he moved off to the side slightly, receiving a large cut across his left cheek and cuting his ear almost in half, as he flew past and dug in to the ground just past Hyoma. In a normal situation Daichi would have been screaming in pain from the scar, but he did not hive time to feel any pain because Aidan was almost on top of him. Daichi attacked with his dager with the same kind of attack he had used against Ace, which put almost every bit of Daichi's body weight behind the attack, in adition the speed Aidan was moving would increase the power of his attack, as well as make it harder to change directions for a dodge. Even though Daichi could see how strong Aidan was he still saw a kid, and he didn't want to kill a kid, he turned around the blade at the last second and attacked with the blunt end of his weapon.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The man dropped his load and turned to face Aidan, bringing his machete in for an attack. Aidan was going too fast to dodge to either side, so he chose another option. He crouched lower as he approached and jumped as high as he could, clearing the man's head as he flew over him. As he traveled through the air he noticed the blade's blunt end was turned in his direction pre-jump. "Too soft..." he muttered to himself as he landed behind the man. He ran past the unconcious man and went up to his halberd, which had wedged itself a foot into the ground, and neatly plucked it out, brushing the earth off of it as he turned to face his new opponent.

OoC: And who says white men can't jump?

Brian looked back at Age and said, "Us join you? No thanks. If you want to work together, then it should be you joining us. We have a way we do things."

Brian then looked towards where Age said the explosion came from. "Alright team, we're heading that way. Kill any and all Demens that put up a fight. Understand?" he asked.

"Sir, yes sir!" Replied Teresa, Mike, and Cole. Cally grabbed onto Brian's right arm and said, "I think I'll stay closer to you this time." as she pulled a dagger from Teresa's belt. Brian nodded his agreement and said, "Alright, let's go. Age, if you're coming, then you better keep up. And try not to make that wound of yours worse." Then he took off to where the explosion was at.

OOC: Well for the record Aiden isn't your every day white man. lol

IC:
"I'm starting to think that keeping this guy safe isn't really worth the effort." Daichi mumbled as he raised his weapons for another fight. "I guess the rumors about the demon's are true. As long as they're killing, they don't really care who or why." He twirled one of his macheties in his hand and readied his fighting stance. "Kid or not, I wont hold back if you chose to keep fighting." Daichi jumped forward to place himself between Aidan and Hyoma. "Personaly I won't be happy no mater who wins. I don't like death, be it mine or somebody els."

Age being himself not only followed Brian, but went ahead of them to be scout. With his stealthiness on his side the Demens won't see him.He jumped from roof to roof giving himself a view of what was up ahead. As they went toward the explosion point Age saw that there a group of Demens some meters in front of them. He went back and jumped down in front of Brian and said " Hold on, there are some Demens up ahead, but they hiding behind the corners so they plan to surprise attack anyone who walks through this path. I counted about 15 of them, but there may be more. I'm not the leader of you group so I won't tell you what to do. It's up to you decide on your plan." As Age turned around to go back up on the roof he said, "I just want to know what to do, since I don't want to get in your way with my injured shoulder.

OOC: That part is for Age. This next part is for Natsu.

"So... how is the attack going on this town" Natsu said to a demen. He replied " Well so far it's going well, but some of our soldiers have been getting killed. We don't know by who, but it seem to be just a small group of people." Natsu then laughed. He was located near the explosion in the city, he was the mastermind behind this attack. "It looks like I'm going to have to go in there myself" Natsu said laughing "Well then... YOU!" Natsu pointed to a random demen and told him " While I'm gone you are in charge." Natsu then went through the hole in the wall and to the top of a building. From there he started searching for the group of people that were killing his men.

Aidan ran towards this new fight, welcoming the challenge. Death was inevitable. He had learned thus through many encounters, and would be disappointed if he could that this new foe didn't like it. He moved his grip on his halberd to about midway through, and began twirling it like a baton, it's crescent blade scything silently through the air in a deadly circle as he quickly covered the ground seperating the two combatants. The other man was still unconscious, and he made note in case he could make use of him later. He brought the halberd above his head, twirling it now with both hands, then angled it so the spinning blade would scythe through his opponent as he was a few feet away, but also so he could easily turn it to his front to be used as a shield should his opponent try countering.

Daichi took a few steps back as the spining blade closed in on him. Normaly he would dodge and force the weapon to continue on it's original path, with nothing more than a slight pary, but with the weapon moning in a spining motion, that would only make the weapon faster and harder to dodge. He considered dodging, but his phisical strenghts was barely compatable with a normal person, he knew he would never be able to stop an attack from a haulbered, expecially one that was gaining speed and power every second. He had over 100 techniques, but none of them where usable against this kind of technique. [i]"guess I'll have to improvise."[/i] He emediatly thought of a plan, one which would require speed and precesion that he wan't sure if he had, if it failed his death was almost guaranteed. He slid the blade of his dager in to the gap between the blade and handlece of the haulbered and twisted it to try and weaken Aidan's grip, he braught the second dager down on the haulbered to try and force it to the ground. "I think I'll call this one the drop spin."

As he was right in front of his opponent, he managed to jab a dagger into one of the holes in the halberd's frame, twisting it to try and loosen Aidan's grip. The man was surprisingly strong, and he put enough force into it so that the entire halberd twisted, and Aidan merely spun along with it, coming off the ground and landing again after a midair spin. The man's other dagger was brought down on the stopped halberd, and Aidan held his ground as the weapons clashed. The weapons shook as both sides were pushing with all their might. Despite Aidan's strength, after the spin he was no longer in a good position with very little leverage. Instead he dropped the halberd to the ground, hopefully making his opponent lose balance, then he jumped up to deal a strong uppercut to his chin.

With the haulbered unexpectedly droping Daichi had to struggle just to avoid falling of the weaons bladeand was completely unable to avoid the blow to the chin, which stuned him and ne tood a few steps back to try and keep his ballance. "Well, l guess every technique has it's weakness." He mumbled and he fell nelt on his knee to keep from falling. He reached forwared and grabed the handle of one of his macheties, but when he held it forward the blade broke from the strain of trying to outmatch the haulbered. "Why am I not surprised?" Daichi tried to stand up, but he was still stuned from the upercut and went streight back to the ground. "Ok, time out." He said as he put his hand in a T shape. At this point he was so dazed that he didn't even realize that this was probably the dumbest thing to do in a life and death fight.

Strangely, Aidan's opponent called for a time out. Normally, Aidan would strike him down then and there, but he decided to rest for a bit. He had already fought one strong opponent and was in the midst of fighting this one, and he wasn't exactly untireable. He didn't know if a new face would appear after this one would fall, so he had to be ready and as rested as possible. Plus, he would get more energy back than his opponent would, due to his abilities. He still wielded his halberd in a ready fighting stance, but he merely stood there and stared blankly at his opponent, waiting for the time to strike.

"You actually stop when your opponent says time out, even though you could have easily landed a killing blow? Not that I'm complaining, but you're eather crazy or stupid, or just cocky. Not sure which." He held the weapon, that was still in one piece, forward and stared at it a sec. He taped the blade with his nuckes, in the same maner that he would knock on a door, and the blade fell apart. Daichi mearly eyed the blade, with semingly no surprise on his face, before throwing it behind him. "If I make it out of this alive, remind me to get stronger weapons." It semed unapparent who he was talking to or, for that matter, if he was talking to anybody. He stood up streight and held his arms in front of him, standing on the balls of his feet. Daichi considered himself lucky that his fighting style could be used in both armed and unarmed combat, of course without a weapon to absorb the oponents slow he had to be more carefull about getting hit.

((OOC: Again, I apologize for my inactivness...))

Ace cocked his head to his side, having witnessed everything that went on in front of him. He shook his head slightly and groaned; slowly he drew his katana closer to his body, and eventually sheathed it again.
"That wont be needed right now..." he muttered, closing his eyes. He walked over casually towards Aiden and he wasn't facing Hyoma at all, seemingly leaving himself open for a short period of time as he came closer towards Aiden.
"Your okay now? Hmm...good, wouldn't want that short time of unconciousness to be effecting you too much in battle..." he muttered to Aiden when he had reached him. After uttering his few words, he turned slightly to Daichi and sighed
"Why would you be saving that fellow, anyway..?" he asked, audibly. Ace rolled his eyes and refused to ever try to understand some people...

(luckily almost every post contain's about 1-2 seconds of fight time, so all in all it only took your character about 10 seconds to show up.)

Daichi glanced back at Hyoma for a second before returning his attention back to Ace. "I don't really have a reason for saving him, I just did it. That's just the way I am." Daichi thought it best to keep the conversation going for as long as posible, not only to but time to think but also, hoping that Hyoma would wake up and make his job easier. "Of course I could ask you a similar question. What reason do you have for trying to kill him? He obviously poses no threat to you the way he is right now. And no mater how strong his weapons are they're useless without somebody to weild them."

OoC: Time for a... Wait for it... A full length sentence from Aidan.

A reason for killing? Aidan had never been asked that before. He had either killed his foes before they had a chance to speak, or they were too busy fighting for their soon-to-end lives to ask stupid questions. However, these words struck a chord with him, for some reason. He dropped his halberd and looked at his shaking hands. "Killing's... all I've ever known..." Suddenly he clutched his head and fell to his knees on the ground, as tears streamed from his eyes, clenched shut from an unknown feeling in his head. Despite all his training and abilities, the experiments had always left him with this burden.

OoC: Oh, and I wanted to point out I do spell his name Aidan. For some reason I put Aiden in my app, but that's fixed now.

Daichi stared at Aidan in shock for several seconds, this was the first time he had seen somebody break down sence before his mom died. "I suppose it's understandable. If they only know how to do one thing, then that's all they ever do. I suppose killing is no acception." Seing as how Aidan no longer had a weapon in his hands, Daichi decided it would be safe to lower his arms to his side. He nelt down on one knee, as close as he dared to Aidan. "Why not call this match a tie for now. As it is I don't think eather of us could fightat our full power, so it wouldn't turn out right."

In the small town, beseaiged and near ruin, a mutilated body fell to the ground outside a tarnished shop. Its stomarch had been systamaticaly opened with a blade going at a stupidly fast speed, and chest blown out from close range from a gun. A girl, clovered in the deciesed's blood, smiled. She could still hear his screams of agony and pain before his rib cage was destroyed. She looked back at the others in the room; two middle-aged men, and a woman in her early thirties. "So," the murderer adressed to the rest of the group, "who wants to try and leave now?" Then there was a sound of screaming behind her. She turned, leaving her gun pointed at the remaining people, to see demens running [i]from[/i] someone. She turned back to the people. "If so much as one of you leaves your spot to even breath, I will slaughter you all." She turned and went to the closest demens who had stopped running. "What the hell are you doing?" she asked patronisingly. "You're ment to be bathing in blood, not running like a person with a phobia. Why are you running?" He simply stated;
"Shock troopers. They are killing us all. It is every one for themselfs. Fight another day..." He was silenced by a sword cleaving his head in half. Blood spurted as the crainium clattered to the ground, followed by his corpse. "I highly doubt you will fight again." More had gathered around her. "IF YOU WANT TO DIE EVEN REMOTLY LIKE HE DID, KEEP RUNNING!"

Ace eyed Daichi very carefully. When he noticed Aidan had collasped on the ground, he raised an eyebrow at him and then his grew vacant and empty. Ace closed his eyes and sighed heavily
"I kill because I kill. Im not going to give you an explanation; but i will give you advice. Don't question a killer's motive." he said, solemnly. Ace then opened his eyes and still looked down at Aidan. He reached him arm down and grabbed the child by the collar of his shirt with ease, slowly bringing him somewhat to his feet.
"Were leaving. " he stated simply. Before walking away, he shot a paralyzing glare towards Daichi.
"Dont count on this next time. I gaurantee you that this wont be the final time you'll see my face, and the next time, I [i]will[/i] kill you."
afterwards he didnt say anything else and he continued walking away, without dragging Aidan along.

Aidan found himself in an expanse of white. "Wh-where am I?" Aidan looked around frantically. Then he blinked and suddenly he saw... himself. However, it wasn't quite him. The doppleganger's eyes were cold... and his hands were splattered with blood. "N-no, please, leave me alone!" Suddenly he grabbed Aidan by the throat and began lifting him up. "Please, no! I can't do it anymore! Enough with the killing!" His voice grew softer as his vision blurred. "Please... let me out..."
Aidan got up off the ground, grabbed his halberd, and silently followed behind Ace.

Daichi merely stayed on the ground, barely breathing until Ace and Aidan where finaly gone, and finaly let out a sigh of relief. [i]"I thought they would kill me for sure."[/i] He grabbed his two machetes and, even though there was barely half a blade on eather one of them, he returned them to there sheaths. "I can probably get a little bit of money of I sell the metal. He turned to face Hyoma amd sat on the ground. "Hey, dumb ass who puts gernades in his mouth, wake up, you owe me new weapons. He reached forward and lightly slapped Hyoma on the face to try and wake him up. "Don't make me get the ice water."

"You two get your rifles ready" Brian commanded as they kept running forward. Age looked back and saw that they were preparing for the surprise attack. As they went forward Age was the first to attack the demens. He leaped from the roof landing behind the demens. Age threw his kunai stabbing a demen in the neck killing him. As the rest of the demens turned around Age pulled on the string to get his kunai back and then threw it again killing another demen. Two demens aimed at Age, but before they could shoot they got shot instead by Teresa and Mike. "Don't worry, were here" Brian shouted as he stabbed a demen in the chest. Cole swung his axe decapitating a demen. Before Cally could do anything a demen thrust his toward her, but before the sword hit Age threw his kunai at the sword moving slightly to the left. Instead of the sword stabbing Cally in the chest it stabbed her in her left shoulder. Age then took the job to protect her from the remaining demens. The demen tried to stab Age, but Age just moved out of the way and stabbed the demen killing him as well. At that moment Brian stabbed a demen, but 3 other one snuck up behind him, but before they could do anything Teresa and Mike shot two of them killing them instantly and Cole swung his axe killing the third one. 3 demens rushed toward Age with their sword in front of them. Age threw his kunai killing one and then ducked dodging the other ones stab. Age the kicked straight up hitting the demen in his chin and knocking him back who then got stabbed by Brian. "Only three left yelled" Brian The three left had only knifes about 4 in long. "It's you choice" Brian told them. "Either fight us and die or run like the cowards you are" The three remaining demens started to run away, but from nowhere they got stabbed in the neck by kunais. "Whos there" comanded Brian. Two more Kunais flew in the air hitting both Teresa's and Mike's gun making drop them. As they were about to pick them up a man ran and got both guns. He then threw them on top of a building making them unreachable by both Teresa and Mike. "Who are you" Brian commanded once again. "Tell me or-" Brian was interrupted by Age. "Bro..brother. What are you doing here" he said. "brother?" Brian said with a confused look. " Yes brother" Natsu replied "I'm Natsu, Age's older brother. And as you can tell I'm part of the Demens"
"Well if part of the Demens why did you kill your own men" Brian yelled. Natsu replied back "Well because they're cowards that's why. But that's beside the point" Natsu said "Are we here to fight or to talk."
"Teresa, Mike stay back and take care of cally" Brian commanded "Then lets get this fight started" Brian then gave a look to Age who just nodded.

OOC: Yes, i got permission to temporarily take control of those characters.

Thallia charged forwards, composite gun blazing, sword slashing. Locals were being butchured once again. She was happy, untill she craned her head back, and saw why the cowards were running. On top of a foof of a biulding, there were six people. One was a femal child, and another did not look like part of the group, and had a shoulder wound. They were killing without mercy. Quite well, to. Techniqu was something you don't normally come across when you are watching an enemy, but top notch on their part. Then, her eyes widend when Natsu, that fool, went up there him self. It seemed to have an effect, as the one with a shoulder wound had feelings towards this person, and was stopping some from fighting. That, naturaly, was when she wanted to go up there. Useing all her ingenuity, she managed to use her sword to get up there. As soon as she landed, it looked like combat was about to start. Good timing on her part. She looked down to see a group of Demens gathering. "You die,"she said in a low voice to Natsu, "our troops are gone, no matter how many I execute." She then turned round to the gathered group, especialy the first three. "Which one first?"

Ace walked with silent steps. He was pondering the events that happened.
[i] One was unconsious, and the other had a broken weapon. It would have been absolutly no fun to kill them in that condition...[/i]
After a while of walking, the air stood still around him and he looked up towards a still standing building. It didn't take Ace long to notice that some people that were up there, were indeed people that belonged under his order; group memebers of the Demens.
"Tsk..." he scoffed and then went towards the building. When he appoarched, he took a good grip on his katana and then leapt to the top of his building, landing right behind Thalia. He didn't speak, and he expected Aidan to also come to the top of the building, close behind him.

Ace quickly scaled a building where Demens were fighting with other people. Not one to fall behind, Aidan quickly formulated a plan to get up its side. He tossed his halberd like a javelin into its side where it stuck firm, perpendicular to the wall. He jumped up to it, landing on it and using it as a springboard, but also grabbing it before his jump left him out of reach, landing him on top of the roof with halberd in hand. "The next battle..." Aidan muttered as he got into a fighting stance, both him and his halberd thirsting for the blood of his next victim.

After miltiple atempts to wake up Hyoma, Daichi finaly gave up and decided to take him to a doctor. "Just my luck He shoves a gernade in his mouth and I'm stuck taking care of him." He threw Hyoma on to his shoulder and started walking. He had goten lost before entering the sity, so he didn't know which way he was going. After a few hours he came to a smaller city and left Hyoma with a doctor. "Make sure you give him a good blow to the head when he wakes up." After getting directions and some food he emediatly left the small city and, much to his dismay, directly back in the direction he came from.

Archived