comeback card - Ritual monster

Y2Jgrave

[center]first card since a while. Any fixing/comment/rate/hate/whatever are welcome...

[img]http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/8524/271836.jpg[/img]
LORE
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 Ritual Spell Card and 3 Level 8 Ritual Monster from your Graveyard(this is treated as a Ritual Summon). As long as this card remain face-up in Attack position, this card cannot be targeted by the effects of your opponent's Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster Cards. If this card battles with an opponent's monster, until the end of the Damage Step, it gains ATK and DEF equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster + 1000.[/center]

Quite powerful but has an arguably stringent summoning condition. Three seems a bit much, how about two? In a Ritua deck which incorporates other Ritual Monsters besides their own archetype ones, it might be slightly easier to bring out, but that would severely cripple their recycling theme. The card basically has battle immunity; combined with not being able to be targeted, it can completely dominate and trample decks like monarchs. Maybe change the not being able to be targeted to "Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not destroyed."

[center][quote name='AsianGuy1137' timestamp='1304546514' post='5188353']
Quite powerful but has an arguably stringent summoning condition. Three seems a bit much, how about two? In a Ritua deck which incorporates other Ritual Monsters besides their own archetype ones, it might be slightly easier to bring out, but that would severely cripple their recycling theme. The card basically has battle immunity; combined with not being able to be targeted, it can completely dominate and trample decks like monarchs. Maybe change the not being able to be targeted to "[b]Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it is not destroyed.[/b]"
[/quote]

I don't know if that would either make it op or balance it..

[quote name='► THE ♪' timestamp='1304549238' post='5188438']
Dang, only way I could think of beating this is...

Mirror Force

Sakeretsu Armour

and other non-designating cards... lol :D
[/quote]

what about the card's that can change a monster's position and the "[b]Sphinx[/b]" archetype

dang, now all knows my monster's weakness[/center]

[quote name='► THE ♪' timestamp='1304549238' post='5188438']
Dang, only way I could think of beating this is...

Mirror Force

Sakeretsu Armour

and other non-designating cards... lol :D
[/quote]
Sakuretsu targets trollface.jpg

The only other staple I can think of that kills this is Dark Hole and the Solemns, but an unbeatable monster is very OP'd, so it's actually a good thing. This thing can't even be touched by Veiler, a card that can screw a lot of cards over. Being level 8 for trade-in bait is a plus as well. I'd remove the last clause and make it 2 level 8 ritual monsters. Then I think it would be usable and not too abusable.

Also, changing its battle position won't do anything to it since it gains defense as well.

judging by the summoning condition, the effect is worthwhile. If it can only increase it's ATK and DEF when it's battling other monster during the user's battle phase, I don't see why that's op but if it's gaining effect can be use during both player's battle phase then it might be a little op, at least when it's in Attack position anyway.

[center][quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1304562973' post='5188874']
Sakuretsu targets trollface.jpg

The only other staple I can think of that kills this is Dark Hole and the Solemns, but an unbeatable monster is very OP'd, so it's actually a good thing. This thing can't even be touched by Veiler, a card that can screw a lot of cards over. Being level 8 for trade-in bait is a plus as well. I'd remove the last clause and make it 2 level 8 ritual monsters. Then I think it would be usable and not too abusable.

Also, changing its battle position won't do anything to it since it gains defense as well.
[/quote]

changing it's battle position would give an opponent the advantage to effect this monster with spell, trap and effect monster. Also, seeing how hard to summon it, using the [b]Sphinx[/b] archetype could also be effective seeing that it's not targeting and putting this card back into hand. Avoid is also sometimes better than trying to beat it.

[quote name='KillSwitch the Maniac' timestamp='1304579630' post='5189190']
judging by the summoning condition, the effect is worthwhile. If it can only increase it's ATK and DEF when it's battling other monster during the user's battle phase, I don't see why that's op but if it's gaining effect can be use during both player's battle phase then it might be a little op, at least when it's in Attack position anyway.
[/quote]

It gains it's ATK and DEF on both battle position but it's only unbeatable during Attack Position but still beatable nonetheless

and [size="7"][b]B[/b][/size]ump[/center]

STFU guys, Rituals need more goodies and this is perfectly balanced. I mean, in a world where a Continuous Spell spams +4's, does this really matter at all?

I like - no, rather love its badass pic (yeah, bit blurry, but IDK about small stuff) and name, effect that makes the Devils Avatar look like a dot, and the fact that for once, a Ritual Deck besides Demise or Rituas can be made without being laughed at. Teams up good with Lightsworns and the obligatory Monster Gate/Reasoning, and can be searched by Manju/Senju. Things like Demise can also be ran in case, and...*orgasm*

Yeah, so I give this 10/10 just because today it's sunny outside and I feel good.

[center][quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1304665486' post='5190962']
STFU guys, Rituals need more goodies and this is perfectly balanced. I mean, in a world where a Continuous Spell spams +4's, does this really matter at all?

I like - no, rather love its badass pic (yeah, bit blurry, but IDK about small stuff) and name, effect that makes the Devils Avatar look like a dot, and the fact that for once, a Ritual Deck besides Demise or Rituas can be made without being laughed at. Teams up good with Lightsworns and the obligatory Monster Gate/Reasoning, and can be searched by Manju/Senju. Things like Demise can also be ran in case, and...*orgasm*

Yeah, so I give this 10/10 just because today it's sunny outside and I feel good.
[/quote]

and this come from the one who create a ludicrously long effect for a spell card? [size="7"][b]AWESOME!![/b][/size]
and for the rep as well[/center]

[center][quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1304749387' post='5192752']
This should need its own dek.
[/quote]
thanks mate..if I have the time I'll probably make a deck for it

that if I'm not too lazy

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1304769961' post='5193038']
It could also see some play in Demisetown.
[/quote]
Does this mean your agreeing that it's an ok enough card to be played?[/center]

Archived